Beginning Of The End – Part 023
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How do you humans stand this? It is freezing!” Tim said loudly with an almost shrill voice that cracked several times.

“You get used to it,” Lily replied as she swam around with a wave looming behind her. She then turned her head just in time to see the small meter-tall wave crashing on her. She let out a yelp that was muffled by the sound of the crashing wave. She was dragged under for a second before reemerging beside Tim looking dazed. Everyone including Tim found this amusing.

Seeing this as her chance Lily splashed Tim. Tim let out a yelp of surprise before shivering a bit. Giving Lily a glare that could only mean death Tim started to go after Lily. unlike with me where she didn’t hold back it seems that she was limiting herself around the others thankfully. Lily ran off deeper into the ocean before she got to the point where she could swim to get away from Tim. Though the Time deity waved her hand and the ocean opened up where she walked so that the water wouldn’t touch her as she chased after Lily.

To no one’s surprise, as Lily resurfaced a good three meters away from where she was before, a large wave crashed right on her. The force of it sent her back towards the shore where Tim reached down and grabbed her. Lily let out a few coughs before giving a wicked smile to Compton and Elysif who were further out. Rather than splashing Tim, Lily tackled her into the water which no one could help but laugh at.

Emerging from the water, Tim had her now wet hair sticking to her in such a way that it made her look like one giant stalk of hair. This made everyone laugh even harder. Tim on the other hand looked cold and pissed. However, rather than attacking anyone or using her power to dry herself off she just began laughing with us. Seeing that everyone was now happily enjoying themselves I grabbed one of the bodyboards and ran out into the ocean with them.

Several hours passed by where everyone seemed to be having fun. By midday, everyone was starting to get tired from playing in the ocean so we all went ashore and I started up the grill. Once the charcoal had burned a bit and was fairly hot I laid various chopped vegetables on the grill along with some premade crabcakes I found in the coolers. When I went to salt them though Tim jumped in and stopped me.

“What other spices do you plan on adding?” Tim asked.

“Just salt, why?” I asked.

“Why am I not surprised. The British had an empire created for the sole purpose of gathering spices and yet you never use any of them. If your going to make the rest of the world suffer then at least have the respect to use what you stole from them.” Tim said before summoning a spice rack from practically nothing. The ruler of time began dousing everything with various spices depending on what it was.

Once she had put her own spin on the food she left me to continue cooking it while she brought out a blanket for us to all sit on. Compton ended up passing out on the blanket after drinking three beers and Lily was drinking some cream as if it was liquid gold. Elysif on the other hand had laid herself out on the blanket to sunbathe while she enjoyed the various smells emitted from the grill.

However, the moment that I said that the food was ready everyone hopped up to grab some. Elysif grabbed a good bit for herself and Compton was lazily grabbing some. Lily, on the other hand, needed help because it turns out that cream is the equivalent of alcohol to Fae. based on the number of empty bottles of cream sitting in a stack beside the blanket I would say that she was pretty hammered. Thankfully, she ate, cried on Elysif’s lap, and then fell asleep fairly quickly. Tim ate a good portion as well and even tried to con me out of my crab cake. Though, she failed to do so and ended up pouting like a child.

Those of us that weren’t asleep decided to go to sleep as well. Resulting in a giant pile of either drunk, napping people or people in a food coma. Upon waking up we decided to play around in the ocean again. Which led to everyone getting hungry again. This time though, Tim just started grabbing large crabs from the ocean floor. Everyone attempted to do the same as some sort of game but none of us were able to do so.

Our dinner consisted of crabs, boiled over the grill with a side of melted garlic butter and various fruits. After eating we were so tired that we all decided to go to sleep in the tent for the night. The only problem was that the ocean water had dried to our skin and made us all pretty sticky and uncomfortable. Lily was able to get it all off of her by shrinking down to her fairy size and bathing in some of our drinking water. Compton didn’t even bother and decided to solve it with what we had available. By drinking enough to not care anymore.

I, on the other hand, couldn’t stand it and ended up getting up in the middle of the night to go for a walk. Not to my surprise, Elysif was already out on the beach for the exact same reason. Though, she hadn’t noticed me walking towards her when I saw that she was talking with Tim. I didn’t want to bother them while they were talking so I kept my distance. However, I could hear them talking despite that.

“I just feel like we are wasting our time. Can we really stop Merlin? Can everyone be saved?” Elysif asked with a sheepish tone that I haven’t heard her talk with before. She almost sounded like she wasn’t sure of herself.

“Why do you ask me? I have no answer for you. Yes, I do allow things to happen so that certain things may come to pass, and out of boredom or contempt for this world. As such, I have allowed Merlin to do as he pleases. However, I cannot tell you what is to come because I do not know it. That is the fun part.” Tim replied as she watched the ocean reflecting the moon across it’s waves.

“Why do you even allow these things to happen? You are practically God so tell me why you won’t do anything to make the world a better place?” Elysif asked angrily.

“You humans always like to blame the divine for your problems. If something bad happens you question why a creator would ever allow such things. Yet, none of you look at the true problem. Humans cause all your problems. Humans kill, steal, and lie without remorse. Yes, there are some of you who are kind but that doesn’t change humanity as a whole. By allowing humans to do as they please they can be themselves. If you have a problem with it then blame the humans who caused it, not a divine being who is simply allowing humans to do as they please for the time being. Punishment comes eventually but it is not for a human to decide how and when.” Tim said in such a stern voice that Elysif couldn’t reply.

1