Beginning Of The End – Part 035
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily began looking flustered as she didn’t know how to answer. If she told her the truth then it wouldn’t play out well. However, she couldn’t keep it a secret any longer since Silva looked as if she was serious about her threat. Since it was an emergency I figured it would be best if I stepped in before Lily said something that got her killed.

“I am a friend of your mother. We served as knights of the Round Table together thirteen hundred years ago. However, I have long since been considered dead so I would prefer if you didn’t go telling people that I am alive.” I said from inside the pendant.

“M-master?” Lily said in a panic.

“Okay, but tell me how you have lived so long?” Silva said as she looked at the pendant.

“I have been cursed and now live out my days within this pendant for now.” I replied earnestly.

“That makes sense.” she said with a somewhat gullible smile. Thank goodness that she was a child who was willing to accept such a strange tale. “Now tell me, which coven do you think is lying to me?” Silva asked as she returned to a serious tone.

“Technically neither since the Heartling coven did admit to practicing necromancy. You should probably go talk to them again since there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary at the Avian coven.” I replied.

“You are right about them not lying. Talking to them would be a good idea. However, I can’t shake this feeling that one of them is lying.” Silva said as she thought about the situation.

From there Silva walked back to the Heartling coven with Lily following close behind. Just like before she flew through the keyhole in the side of the building while Silva went through the front door. As soon as Lily flew inside she felt as if something was off. Not that she was in danger but that house didn’t seem the same. Like something was missing. Which only made the house seem creepy. It was understandable though as to why the house seemed creepy now as when Lily flew down to the room that Heartling met with Silva before there was blood on several pieces of furniture.

“Was this Medea’s doing?” I said to myself with a confused tone.

“Probably not. Medea is usually much cleaner than this.” Elysif replied as she watched the scene unphased. Just as Elysif said this we all heard the sound of the door being opened.

“Ah, miss Silva. What can I do for you today?” Heartling said.

“I was actually wondering if I could talk to you. Micah had told me some things that I wish to speak with you about.” Silva replied with a respectful tone.

“I know. She told me. Please come in.” Heartling said with a solemn voice before welcoming her in.

“By the way, where is Micah?” Silva asked as Heartling shut the door behind her.

“Oh, well she told you secrets that she wasn’t supposed to speak of so I had to punish her.” Heartling said with an emotionless smile.

“What do you mean by that?” Silva asked with a warry look.

“Why don’t you come with me and I’ll show you.” Heartling said with a cool and collected expression before leading her not to the room they were in earlier but to the kitchen.

Lying on the counter was Micah. Her body was covered in cuts and bruises but that wasn’t what horrified Silva. Her stomach had been cut open and most of her internal organs were hanging from hooks above her. Even with her organs hanging above her they were still attached to her and were convulsing slightly. Her face was stuck in a pained, horrified look, with tears flowing down her face.

“You’re a monster!” Silva declared to Heartling with a look of horror on her face.

“Really? I haven’t killed her yet. This just proves how exceptionally skilled I am.” Heartling said with a heartlessly confused tone.

With nothing except pure hatred and rage on her mind, Silva drew her rapier. Heartling didn’t even flinch at the sight of it. Instead, he grabbed the tip of the rapier causing blood to seep from his hand. The cool and collected face that he had held since entering the room turned into a sinister smile of malice.

“Such a sharp blade shouldn’t be used by such a young child. Perhaps I need to punish you as well?” Heartling said as the blood dripped from his hand, down to his elbow, and onto the floor. Upon hitting the floor a rune lit up the entire kitchen floor. Silva tried to move but found that she couldn’t. In fact, she fell to the floor paralyzed.

“I must say that I never enjoyed doing this but if it’s for the sake of knowledge then I shall do this as much as necessary.” Heartling said as he walked over to a drawer and removed a scalpel. Just as he began to heat the scalpal over a candle Lily appeared in the doorway in her human-sized form.

“Stop!” Lily yelled at Heartling.

“Oh my, another child wanting to help me with my work. It must be my lucky day.” Heartling said before cutting his hand again and throwing some blood towards the floor where Lily was standing.

1