The Last act – Part 005
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sneaking back the way they came, Medea kept an eye out by sensing the vibrations around the strings of blood she laid out. Most of the Agents were standing watch near the top of the castle walls so they had a hard time seeing Elysif and Medea as they snuck across the bottom of the wall. Once they had successfully snuck behind Merlin and Director Langston, the two sent out their blood to interfere with the ritual spell.

“Looks like we have some guests?” Merlin said as he turned to face the two witches standing behind him. 

“How did you notice us?” Medea asked as she was sure that they would not be detected.

“Simple, I had the Agents under me set out traps that told me when anything entered the inner court.” Director Langston said with a proud tone.

“I assume that Mr. Barret will be joining us shortly?” Merlin asked.

“Actually, he went to go talk with you inside the castle.” Elysif said.

“Ah, then he is probably fighting Scott at the moment. I wonder who will be victorious?” Merlin said with a smile.

“Go fuck yourself!” Elysif yelled as she sent out several strings of blood into the air. The strings curved with the wind before being sent directly at Merlin. Before they could reach him though Director Langston cut through the strings with a rapier caused the blood to catch fire as if it were a fuse. Before the flame could reach her, Elysif cut the strings of blood off from her body.

“Interesting. You knew to cut it away from yourself before it reached you?” Director Langston said with a bit of respect in his tone.

“Well of course. The blood I sent towards you was cut and caught fire so of course, I would assume that it would be bad if it reached me.” Elysif said in response as Medea sent out several of the same types of blood strings from her own body. However, these weren’t aimed at Merlin or the Director. These were aimed at the agents standing atop the castle. 

Each person who Medea touched with her blood fell under her control before jumping down to attack both the director and Merlin. They attacked Merlin with screams as they tried desperately to fight Medea’s control but were quickly cut down and turned to flames by Director Langston’s sword, it had seemed that everything that touched the Director’s rapier caught fire in an instant.

As the Director was cutting down his own men Elysif sent more strings of blood towards him in hopes of taking control of him in the same way her mother was. Just as her blood was coming within a meter of him Merlin conjured swords out of the ground beside the Director to block her. Though her blood was blocked she moved to strike Merlin himself. Strangely, she found herself feeling as if she was floating. Though a quick look around made her realize that she was impaled by a sword from the earth itself.

“Elysif!” Medea yelled as she watched her daughter get skewered by Merlin’s blades.

Suddenly the earth itself began to quake as Medea’s eyes glowed a bright red. With a single thought of hatred, Medea’s entire body stripped apart and she became a being of blood itself. She spread apart with an explosion of blood before infecting the ground itself with her essence. Soon a being made of both blood and earth formed from the ground near them and began attacking in a violent rage. 

However, the golem created from Medea herself and her hatred for the man who just killed her daughter was quickly destroyed by an innumerable amount of blades that shot from the ground itself. Merlin couldn’t help but laugh at the failure of an attempt that Medea gave.

“Is that all you can do to fight me?” Merlin asked as he burst into maniacal laughter.“I will kill you!” Medea yelled from the ground as she used her blood to create not one, not two, but several hundred golems of a similar style out of the earth itself. 

The golems attacked Merlin and the Director without any hesitation but none were able to put a scratch on either of them. Director Langston turned each one of them into flames before they could do anything to merlin or the Director. It was as if they expected them to attack and were able to predict their movements. 

“If you’re not dead yet Medea then I should tell you that your other daughter shouldn’t be too far behind her.” merlin said with a twisted smile.

“You son of a bitch!” Medea yelled as she started using the castle itself to create a golem that she could control to fight them.

1