Beginnings – Part Ten
379 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We walked through the streets of Whitechapel with an aura that seemed to attract a lot of attention from my point of view. Scott on the other hand didn’t seem to care. It was as if there was nothing that could bother him, at least I would think that if he hadn’t shown that he was terrified of Mama Louise. The people around us would stare as if we were circus performers that had gone out for a drink while still in costume. 

“Why are they staring at us?” I asked Scott.

“Well Lou, I am wearing much nicer clothes than they are and reek of alcohol so many of them assume that I would be perfect to rob. They don’t care much about you. They probably think I paid you chump change to be my bodyguard or you’re a beggar hoping I will give you something.” Scott explained as if he was looking down on them. However, that was not his intention by any means. He just naturally seemed like a dick from what I could tell. Though I was aghast. Did people really think I was dressed like a beggar? I thought it looked cool, although many people in the 20th century would call me an edge lord. 

“Do you really think I dress like a beggar?” I asked with a tone of uncertainty.

“You do and you have no money anyway so you would be a beggar had I not taken you in.” Scott stated honestly.

“You have me there.” I reluctantly replied.

“Anyways, we’re here.” he said before turning and going up the stairs of the chapel. Knocking on the door, it echoed a bit inside and we quickly heard footsteps from behind the door. A moment later the door opened enough for the same man who refused to house me earlier to peek his head out. He looked at Scott and I swear I heard him say “oh shit” before pulling his head back in and attempting to shut the door. Scott reached in before he could and opened up the door completely.

“M-Mr. Langston! You surprised me. What brings you to Whitechapel.” The Priest asked but as he spoke he seemed out of breath.

“We are on the hunt for a succubus who is suspected of being at your Chapel, Father.” Scott said as an interrogator would. With every word, Scott moved in closer to the Priest, making him quite uncomfortable.

“There couldn’t be any creatures that you hunt here, these grounds are consecrated.” He replied with an awkward smile. No matter how you looked at it the Priest looked like he was trying to hide something.

“I think these grounds need to be reconsecrated because if it was then this vampire charm would be red hot.” he said pulling a small medallion out of his pocket.

“I see, I will have that done but please leave. I am busy.” The Clergy stammered as he tried to hurry us out.

“Lou, search the Chapel.” Scott looked at me and said. I wasn’t sure what I was searching for but I started walking to the end of the Chapel. 

“You cannot do that, this-” The Clergy tried to rebuttal.

“We can do anything in our jurisdiction so long as it is to keep the peace and you fall within mine. The Catholic Church has agreed to let us handle supernatural problems in or around Churches as we see fit.” Scott said with a glare that could stop a bear in its tracks. The Bishop shut his mouth and didn’t say anymore despite looking like he wanted to cuss Scott out. 

On the left backside of the Chapel, I found a door that was ajar. As I went to open the door there was a crash from the other side. It was loud enough that Scott came running towards it so I went through the door and there was a rather attractive girl in 19th-century lingerie running towards a door at the end of a long hallway on my left, the hall only held a confession booth, and a few candlestands so there was plenty of room to chase her. Rushing after her with Scott running behind me I pulled out the silver knife and started forcing as much energy I could get into it before chucking it at her. Because I only received it today I didn’t have enough control to attack a certain part of her body so instead, I aimed for the door.

To my surprise it lodged itself in the door right next to the handle before she went to grab it, stopping her in her tracks. The girl turned toward us as if ready to fight but her face showed she was scared. It seemed as though she thought we were going to kill her. Of course in her defense, I would think someone was going to kill me if they flung a knife at me too. When Scott had caught up to us The girl stood completely still, as if she were despairingly weighing her chances. Although there was a door right behind her she didn’t move towards it. Probably because she was waiting for us to make the first move or perhaps she’ll just give up. I didn’t know what Scott was waiting for, all I knew was we had to capture her. Then Scott finally spoke with a kind and caring voice.

“Listen, if you come quietly we will bring you to Mama Louise without a scratch on you.” Scott said.

“I can’t go back there, they will kill me.” she pleaded desperately but with a stoic look.

“What caused you to kill your client?” I asked, hoping to learn her side of the story.

“This isn’t an interrogation kid.” Scott snapped at me, giving me a sharp glance.

“He wanted me to join him and help him kill Mama Louise. He was a collector for a small branch of the leprechauns that wanted to use the Succubi to make themselves grow in power.” she said. This caused Scott to move toward her. She cowered in fear but instead of attacking her like I thought he would, he asked her in a calm tone.

“We will not hurt you but I want to know more. If what you're saying is true then we could clear your name with Mama Louise and stop this branch group. Also, I apologize for being so rude I am Scott Langston.” Scott said as he removed his glove. Extended his hand to her. She looked up at him and nodded.

“Isabell.” She said suspiciously before shaking his hand.

Isabell laid out what happened and why Mama Louise thought she was a traitor. Her story was fairly simple. A collector disguised as a client offered her the deal to off Mama Louise. Refusing to betray Mama Louise, Isabell was attacked and ended up killing him in the process. One of her coworkers came in and the coworker after listening to why she killed him attacked her, chasing her off.

Her coworker then told Mama Louise that she had killed a client but not the part about why. She must have already sided with this branch group before then and Isabell not being there made her coworker's story more believable to Mama Louise. Not knowing what else to do she fled to the Clergy who was one of her best customers, to hide until she escaped elsewhere.

17