Beginnings – Part Eleven
360 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing Isabell’s story we ended up heading back to Mama Louise’s with Isabell, but not until after we had the Clergy give her a nun's robe. We couldn’t walk back there with her in lingerie, could we? Scott wasn’t too happy about the leprechauns doing shit but that wasn’t his job. He only kept the peace as he put it. anything between monsters that didn’t involve humans wasn’t his domain. Despite that, he was still brought in to be a third-party mediator by monsters all the time.

“Hey, Barret.” Scott said, gaining my attention.

“Yes?” I answered curiously.

“How did you get so good with that knife even though you’ve only had it for less than a day?” Scott asked.

“I practiced at the flat but I can’t do much at all without a ton of focus.” I replied honestly.

“Maybe I should introduce you to my witch friend if you’re that good with that thing.” He said.

“Are you going to get me drunk and put me in their house, like before with Iscariot?” I asked jokingly.

He chuckled for a second. “No, I am good friends with Iscariot so I can do that kind of stuff with him. I can’t do that stuff with the witch since she would most likely experiment on you.” Scott said.

I chuckled at this. ”She’s that bad?” I asked with a bit of disbelief.

“Yessir.” He replied with a smile and as usual, he pulled out his flask and took a huge swig. I was starting to get used to his alcohol addiction, Which isn’t good. Isabella started chuckling from in front.

“Why do you seem so cheeky?” Scott asked.

“Have you two been working together long? You seem like you’ve known each other a good while.” Isabella asked.

“No today is the kid's first day.” Scott said, throwing his thumb to his side in order to gesture at me.

“You two just seem to work well together.” Isabella stated.

“Thanks, but that doesn’t make the job any better.” Scott replied as if to put down her opinion.

“That’s strange to hear from the wolf slayer of London.” she said. Scott's eyes seemed to snap at the mention of that name.

“Don’t ever call me that again or I will kill you and leave your body for the birds.” Scott said with a threatening glare before walking ahead of her and drinking more from his flask. Isabell slunk back next to me and seemed even more terrified now than when she was cornered in the chapel.

“What were you talking about?” I asked her.

She looked at me as we walked and said. “Did no one tell you?” As soon as she realized I had no clue what she was talking about she latched onto my arm, getting close to my ear. “He single-handedly committed mass genocide on the werewolf population in London for some reason a few years back. Rumor says he was avenging his old partner or his wife, the rumors aren’t clear on which one. Now no one who wants to live messes with him. It’s the only reason London is so peaceful. No one wants him to snap again.” Isabell explained.

“Jesus, he killed every werewolf in London by himself. How many lived here?” I asked with a hushed tone so that Scott wouldn’t hear it.

“Two thousand in total.” she said. Jesus Christ that’s a lot, and yet he’s scared of Mama Louise.

“Fuck.” I said out loud. It was the only word that came to mind but it fit.

“Why does that make you want to ask the monarchy to have sex? You could just ask me.” she said, giving me a strange look followed by puppy dog eyes. It took me a moment to realize what she meant about the monarchy.

“No, no. Where I come from fuck is a term used as a curse not fornication under consent of the king.” I explained.

“Oh, fuck. That rolls off the tongue quite nicely as a swear.” She said.

“Well, I guess I start the trend of saying fuck in the modern language.” I said without thinking.

“What?” She asked with an even more confused look.

“Nothing, let’s continue.” I said, taking bigger strides in my walk to move a bit faster as we went on our way to Mama Louise’s, what we didn’t realize was someone was watching us and they weren’t exactly the nicest of people.

16