Beginnings – Part Fourteen
322 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott Langston stood in front of the old battered door of a first-floor apartment building in Farringdon. If he had opened the door it would open up to a small family enjoying dinner but instead, he inserted a key into the lock on the door and turned it to lock the door. Instead of a click of the lock, he heard a cackle that still freaked him out but it signaled that if he knocked on the door, Iscariot would hear the knock instead of the family. So he knocked and after a moment filled with what sounded like a thousand bolt locks being slid away, the door opened. Standing in front of him was a very annoyed and tired Iscariot. 

“What did I tell you, Scott? You have been gone an hour and a half my time. I need my bloody damn sleep.” He said angrily before letting out a tired yawn.

“I know and I apologize. It was urgent I spoke with you.” Scott said.

“What could be that important?” he asked grouchily.

“We were attacked and the kid was injured by the changeling.” Scott said.

“Did you take him to that witch, Elysif?”Iscariot asked with a somewhat distorted and urgent tone.

“Yes, he should be fine. Although he would have died otherwise.” Scott said.

“I feel like death would have been better for him than leaving him with the witch.” Iscariot said with an almost sympathetic tone.

“Don’t worry, he passed her test. She will go easy on him. I hope.” Scott assured him. The two sighed as if to give their condolences before Iscariot gave him a groggy but stern look. 

“But you didn’t come here just because of that. There’s more?” Iscariot said, knowing that he wouldn’t have come here just to tell him that.

“Yep, that changeling might be in a scheme against Mama Louise made by a splinter group of the Leprechauns.” Scott explained.

“So, why should I care about that? Take that to your higher-ups. It’s none of my bloody business that a brothel and bank are at war.” Iscariot stated firmly as he waved him off.

“Sir Micheal was there too.” Scott finally said. The image of the masked man was vivid in his mind.

“...” Iscariot just stood there contemplating the words that left Scott’s mouth. Then he finally spoke with a very concerned look on his face. “Did you get hit in the head?”

“He saved me and the kid from the changeling. Then he disappeared before my eyes, unlike any supernatural being I’ve ever seen.” Scott said with the most bewildered look.

“I think that you’re losing it. Sir Micheal is a Table legend, a story to make the Table warier of situations when they don’t need to be. However, if Sir Micheal has actually appeared then I can only assume that something interesting is about to happen within the Table. Legend states that he was the last of King Arthurs' knights. An immortal man who is believed to have killed Arthur himself. So, before you say it was this Legendary boogeyman you should make sure it was him?” Iscariot said as if lamenting a past that he would have never seen.

“I do believe that it was him. He matched the old paintings and his descriptions to the letter.” Scott said to affirm Iscariot.

“Then we should do nothing except protect ourselves.” Iscariot said, climbing back into bed.

“What the hell!” Scott said with a confused look, grabbing Iscariot and pulling him out of bed. “What do you mean nothing? We should tell the Table at least.”

Iscariot got up from the floor dazed and stared him in the eyes as he tried climbing back into bed again. “Sir Micheal has appeared in the legends very few times. All but the first time are skeptical sightings by the Consul with no casualties. So we should do nothing. It could be related to Mr.Barrett and his time travel accident or it could be completely unrelated. Who knows, just protect yourselves and don’t worry too much.” Iscariot said as he tried to get comfortable again.

“Fine, but the Table needs to know about this little war. I spoke to Mama Louise about the situation and she had one of her own executed in front of me to show that war was beginning, although the one she executed was a traitor I did not want to see that. She is a terrifying lady.” Scott said.

“So are you when you need to be.” Iscariot said with a yawn as he got snug underneath his blanket.

“Well, I will see you in a fortnight, my sleepy friend.” Scott said as he got up and left, shutting the door behind him and taking his key from the lock. Returning the door to that of the family who was now behind it, cleaning up from their meal.

15