Beginnings – Part sixteen
300 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not even three hours later, Scott opened the door to Elysif’s flat and instantly was greeted by me running in front of him. “Scott, stop him!” Elysif shouted from across the room.

“Why?” he asked, walking in and hanging his coat on the coat rack calmly.

“She has been trying to dissect me for the past hour and a half.” I yelled as I ran around a table to avoid her.

He cocked an eyebrow and pulled out his flask. Taking a swig, he let out a deep and heavy sigh. “I am too sober for this.” Scott said to himself before yelling out to Elysif. “I’m disappointed in you Elysif. I would have thought you would have caught him by now.”

“Scott, you ass. Help me.” I shrilled at him as I dove out of Elysif’s way as she attempted a tackle. Rather than tackling me she ran into her loveseat and looked to be in a mix of annoyance and pleasure. Because of this she got up and began to chase me again. 

“Well he is a slippery bugger.” she replied. Scott ignored her and walked into her living room so he could sit down, only to turn right back around and walk towards her examination room that I originally woke up in. Her living room had become a mess by this point, mainly due to me trying to avoid being dissected. There were several pieces of furniture flung around and currently resting in some odd positions.

“I’m guessing you now believe he is from the future and that is why you are trying to dissect him?” Scott asked Elysif from the examination room as he pulled out a pipe and began stuffing it with tobacco.

“Well I won’t believe he is from the future until I see some proof and that watch of his isn’t enough proof.” she said, chucking several scalpels at me.

“I don’t care if you want proof that I am from the future, just please don’t cut me open, and Scott, don't smoke in here.” I yelled avoiding the medical blades that flew in my direction.

“Why can’t I smoke? It doesn’t hurt anyone. In fact, it’s medicinal.” Scott said, lighting a match.

“Actually, smoking causes asthma and cancer. On top of that, it’s worse for nonsmokers to be around smokers due to secondhand smoking.” I explained as I ran past the examination room. He stopped the match before it touched his pipe bowl. Setting the pipe down Scott blew the match out and walked into the room that Elysif and I were currently in. Just as Elysif ran towards him in an attempt to get closer to me Scott flung out his arm, in one swift motion he grabbed her and pressed her into the wall. Planting his right arm beside her head he looked her in the eyes.

“You lied to me, you said that smoking would stop my cough. But I find out from future boy that it’s the exact opposite. Did you do that on purpose?” He asked in a soft but furious tone. It was like watching a romantic drama or perhaps a detective show.She stood there for a moment fidgeting before stuttering out. 

“Do y-you really believe he is from the future?” Elysif asked in hopes of deterring the conversation and also to gauge whether Scott was willing to believe me or not. 

“Iscariot believes so and that’s good enough for me.” Scott replied.

“W-well, you know medicine isn’t an exact science. Doctors learn new things every day and... sometimes they're wrong.” she stammered out.

“Well, there goes one bad habit.” He said before stepping away from Elysif in a show of disbelief. “What’s next, that my booze is killing me?” Scott asked sarcastically.

“Well, it kind of is. It is easily destroying your liver, especially with how much you drink.” I replied.

“Well, then my liver is going to die.” He stated stubbornly as he lifted up his flask, taking another swig of his booze. “Hey Elysif, do I need my liver?”

“Yes.” She said as if it were a stupid question.

“Can you get me a new one if I destroy this one?” He asked with absolute deadpan.

“Yes, but I don’t know if you would survive.” Elysif said with a fairly concerned tone.

“That’s good enough for me. Come on Lou, we're going to the flat to rest for a while then it’s back to Whitechapel.” Scott said, grabbing his coat from the coat rack and then turning to Elysif and saying “Thank you for watching him.”

“You’re welcome, but don’t come back here unless you’re dying, got it.” Elysif stated with an annoyed look.

“Yes, I know.” He said as he walked out the door which happened to lead to the bottom floor of our apartment. I trailed behind him out the door and waved back to Elysif.

“Thank you for not dissecting me.” I said to her only to get another scalpel thrown at me.  There was barely any time to dodge it but I avoided it other than a small nick on my hand. It was the same hand that Iscariot stabbed too. Man, what did my hand do to deserve this? The magic potion she poured on me healed most of my wounds but this one was stubborn and was only scabbed over.

16