Beginnings – Part Nineteen
298 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we finally arrived at Iscariot’s home we made a very common mistake. The family that lived in the apartment that also led to Iscariot’s personal dimension was currently blocking the door. To be honest I wasn’t sure whether it was another dimension or not but that’s what I’m going to refer to it as. The family had smoked out their home with a chimney sweep gone wrong. Usually one would have to wait for the door to be closed to meet with Iscariot but we couldn’t wait, lest we face the wrath of Mama Louise

“Well, what now?” Elysif asked me as we stood around the corner.

“... I could try something with my knife?” I pondered while stroking the hairs on my chin which I realized were starting to become a little too long for my taste.

“Great Idea! Let’s just murder the innocent family so we don’t miss a party. Genius plan Agent.'' Elysif said in a hushed tone. The amount of snarky sarcasm she spewed with that statement though was enough to make me want to use the knife on her. But you know, pride and decorum, right?

“No… I’m going to use my knife to shut the door. We then run up and hopefully get the door opened to Iscariot’s before they open it back up again.” I said, correcting her assumption.

“That’s, not a bad idea… but what happens if they open the door while we have the door opened to Iscariot’s place?” Elysif half-heartedly agreed.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. Iscariot probably has something to make sure that doesn’t happen.” I said though I was not too sure about that last statement.

“Fair enough.” Elysif said. 

Pulling my knife from its sheath, I threw it at the door while increasing its speed and force with magic. The blade stuck into the wood and yanking my hand towards me as if the knife was attached to an invisible rope, I pulled the door shut. Once it was shut Elysif and I bolted towards the door. I held the door closed as Elysif fumbled with the key trying to get it in the hole. We could hear the family on the other side asking who closed the door. One of them was walking toward the door I could hear their footsteps. “Hurry!” I whispered while Elysif was putting the key in. Her only response was a gave me a death glare. Just as the footsteps were at the door Elysif had turned the key allowing me to release my grip on the door and gave it a knock.

After a few short moments, we heard the sound of ten or twelve locks being opened. Iscariot was surprisingly overcautious which made me wonder why he was that way. My train of thought was disturbed by the door finally swung open and there stood Iscariot but far younger than his normal old self. Rather than looking like he had a foot and a half in the grave, he looked like he was around thirty, I even questioned whether it was Iscariot or not until he spoke. 

“What are you doing here?” he asked in his usual scratchy pubescent voice.

“Scott forgot to invite you as an honored guest to a banquet hosted by Mama Louise and we’re here to get you.” I said.

“I’ll be ready in a moment but why am I an honored guest? I don’t remember doing anything for her.” He asked precariously.

“She believes you helped Scott and me with something and as such want you as well, either that or Scott convinced her to let him bring some people so he wouldn’t be alone with that woman.” I replied with the sudden and fairly realistic revelation that Scott was the only one invited.

“What do you mean alone? Weren’t you going with him?” Iscariot asked with a confused look. The movements he made were far more expressive than his usual self but I guess that’s just a side effect of whatever this was.

“I didn’t even know about it until today, so I assume no.” I said.

“Alright just let me shut the door.” Iscariot said. He probably forgot about his room being in a time-altering dimension.

“”No!”” Elysif and I both said to stop him.

“You can’t shut the door or we will be here for hours, old man.” Elysif stated with a thankful voice as he stopped just before the door was shut.

“I understand, but who are you calling an old man?” Iscariot asked, offended by the mere mention of the word old.

“”You.”” Elysif and I both replied with a very monotone voice.

“I have created a spell that temporarily reverts me back to my younger years. I'll have you know.” He said as if he were a reality TV celebrity.

“I don’t think you realize that the keyword there is 'temporarily', old man.” Elysif said in her usual snarky attitude.

“You have a death wish or something, witch?” Iscariot said with an angry tone.

“Would you rather me call you a eunuch?” She asked, now egging him on.

“Guys, can we go now? We'll all be dead if we don’t please Mama Louise.” The two looked at each other then turned away. Iscariot walked inside and started changing. Within ten minutes we were finally leaving.

14