beginnings – Part Twenty-One
291 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had finally arrived at Mama Louise’s with Elysif and Iscariot. Although all three of us were a bit terrified and did everything to not let it show as Mama Louise greeted us, she knew. She even attempted to hit on Iscariot just to mess with him. Though Iscariot was pleased that someone was interested in him and it made Elysif and me rather uncomfortable Because we both now had the mental image of these two old psychopaths getting it on. Neither of us needed to imagine that! 

Upon entering her home we were surprised to see that there were only a few Succubi. There were a few Leprechauns, some goat-headed creatures, and a centaur. The rest were mainly supernatural creatures other than a few humans besides us. Iscariot began speaking with several of the guests as if he was born to be at these kinds of parties while Elysif and I stayed in the corner near the refreshment tables. 

It was not that we were entirely antisocial, it was that we both knew our limits. Elysif had once mentioned to me that she couldn’t stand crowds due to the amount of information she had to take in all at once and that it would give her migraines. I on the other hand just disliked being in situations in which I had to talk with people I barely knew or people of importance by myself. It made me anxious, thus I stayed by Elysif in case someone who seemed important attempted to make conversation and she stayed with me to make sure she had someone to give her a hand if need be. It worked well for both of us.

“What an interesting party!” Iscariot said ecstatically in his usual voice, joining us near the refreshments.

“Yes, it sure is. Although I have no idea who any of these people are or even what some of them are.” I said in a hushed tone. Anyone passing by would probably assume that I was spreading gossip.

“Don’t worry, they all seem to be happy that we are here. They do need our aid at the moment, so it would seem.” he whispered back.

“Wait! what does that mean?” I asked but instead, he turned to Elysif.

“And what about you Eli? Are you enjoying yourself?” Iscariot asked with what seemed to me as genuine.

“I am not a child, you don’t need to call me Eli, and no I want to go home. Now if you’ll excuse me I must attempt to stop this headache.” she replied before taking a few pills from her pocket and downing them with some of the champagne set out at the refreshment table.

“Eli, what did you just take?” Both Iscariot and I asked with a concerned tone.

“Just some pain relievers. Now both of you need to stop worrying, I am a doctor.” Elysif replied.

“Of course, a witch doctor that is.” Iscariot said as if to cue her wrath, but before she could dismember him we heard the clinging of a glass. Everyone turned to face Mama Louise who was standing beside Scott who I guess had just arrived.

“Everyone, I thank you all for coming. Now that the final guest has arrived we shall gather in the dining hall for a feast. We have accommodated everyone's preferences and as such if you have a complaint about someone else's food you may take it up with me. But none of you want that right?” Everyone seemed to chuckle at that comment. Was everyone here that afraid of Mama Louise? If so then I guess we were all in the same boat.

14