beginnings – Part Twenty-Four
320 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott walked back out of his room to investigate the loud thump that he had just heard from my room. He saw that Elysif had now sprawled herself out on the short couch and holding her head with a dumb but pained grin on her face. It was rather obvious that she had yet to recover from her hangover. He continued walking and peered into my room to see without any surprise at all that I was passed out on the floor with one of his empty rum bottles lying next to me. 

“Quite the sturdy bottle.” He said to himself before coming over and pouring water from the washbasin beside my bed all over my face. Shooting up in a frenzy from the shock of the water, I gave him a surprised but very annoyed look. 

“What the bloody hell was that for you drunk?” I exclaimed. 

He shot me a look as if I had just killed his dog. “First of all, that hurt my feelings. Second, you needed a wake-up call. We have to catch the closest train out of here and you both still need to pack.” Scott said. 

“Well tell that to Elysif.” I replied before blowing some of the water that was dripping into my mouth.

“Elysif, why haven’t you gone to your place and started packing yet?” Scott called out but Elysif barely moved from her spot on the couch.

“Ugh, I would but I have the worst headache ever and Lou refuses to carry me downstairs.” Elysif said with a whiny tone.

“Tell that to the lump on the back of my head, you ass.” I replied. I’m definitely not helping her after that.

“I am surrounded by children.” Scott said, shaking his head with a heavy sigh. “Lou, carry her downstairs and get her inside her apartment.”

“Can’t I just toss her down the stairs? It would be much faster.” I asked sarcastically despite considering the option.

“... No.” Scott answered after thinking it over as if it were actually an option.

“I forgot to mention that I also saved your life so you should be more grateful.” Elysif said to me from the couch. Now that did guilt me a fair bit. That and she wasn’t going to give up on this till I did it.

“Fine.” I said walking over to her and picking her up in the princess position. Scott opened up the door and let me out. The walk down the stairs was difficult to handle as I did not feel like walking straight and I was also holding a person in my arms. Though we made it down without falling. Once I had left Scott stood there shaking his head. 

“I swear I have been drinking a lot more since I started babysitting those two. I wonder how many bottles I can fit in my luggage.” He said before going back to his room and stuffing six bottles into his suitcase before he couldn’t fit anymore. “This is gonna be a long trip.”

* * *

It took us nearly four hours to get packed because Scott took a cat nap, the damn hypocrite, and Elysif was hungover for another two hours before she could actually pack. I ended up vomiting out the window and ruining a stray cat's day while I was waiting for Scott and Elysif due to a hangover-style stomach ache. We eventually got to the train station though only to learn we missed the train we wanted to be on by nearly twenty minutes.

  Thankfully we found another train that would be leaving in an hour so we all walked around looking at different shops till then. Had this been modern day we would have easily been mistaken for tourists. Scott bought a fancy case of cigars that were rather expensive and Elysif bought several pounds worth of bread and pastries. Sadly a passerby knocked into her and much of her pastries fell on the ground where it became a feast for the birds. 

We eventually calmed the already downtrodden Elysif when we bought her some more pastries to replace the ones she lost. She attempted to kill a few of the birds before then but thankfully she only scarred them for life. I myself purchased a hat similar to that of a newsboy's cap, a patch set to mend the holes in my coat and a book to read on the train. Once we had finished shopping, the train arrived. We almost missed it like the last one but we boarded safely and were finally headed out on our mission.

14