Beginnings – Part Twenty-Five
307 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The swaying of the train was sickening, not to me or Elysif but to Scott. Elysif and I had no problem adapting to the movement of the train. Scott on the other hand had staggered to the end of the train and threw up all over the track behind us. It was not a pretty sight. To make matters worse he kept attempting to drink from his flask only to throw it up again. Couldn’t he wait just a while before getting drunk again? 

Once his spewing session ended he returned to the room we were staying in on the train and plopped himself on a seat, where he got as comfortable as he could. While he was emptying his innards I had asked Elysif where we were going but she had no idea either, thus we both waited to ask Scott once he returned.

“Scott, where exactly are we going? You haven’t told us much.” I asked curiously.

He looked up at the two of us before sighing. ”We are heading to the Table headquarters in Warwick for information on these Willowisps, then we head for Haringey forest. They seem to be coming from there.” He said.

“We're going to Warwick Castle? I’m guessing Silva’s dad would want to speak to you when you arrive?” Elysif asked.

“Hence the cigars. They’re his favorite brand and a gift usually quells any chastising he was planning to give me.” Scott said in a sickly tone but with a smug look that didn’t quite match.

“Wait, the Table is at Warwick Castle?” I asked the two of them with a confused look.

“In it, no. It’s underneath it.” Elysif replied.

Our train ride continued through the night and into midmorning before we arrived in Warwick. Scott got practically no rest and threw up a few more times. We had to stabilize him getting off the train like an old man and he didn’t get back to normal until he had rested on a nearby bench for a while. The town was larger than I thought and the homes were all made of plaster and wood in the cottage style. The road was small cobblestone and the scenery was beautiful. In the background, we could see the top of Warwick Castle above the trees with its magnificent stone towers.

The three of us walked to the Castle and initially, they wouldn’t let us in but after showing the guards our Table badges we didn’t have any more complaints. One of the guards walked us to a stone wall near the entrance where he inserted a blade into a crack and forced magic into it. The wall opened to the side like a normal door to my amazement but the others were less than surprised. It’s understandable since they had seen it before but for me it was fantastic.

The hallway beyond the door was lit with lanterns but the walls and ceiling seemed to reflect it and glow a somber gold. At the end of the hallway, it opened up to a massive room that had several hallways connected to it. Unlike the hallway, the room was a bright blue with stones sticking out of the walls that glowed the same blue hue. A few people stood in the room discussing who knows what, one of them being an older man looked over at us and walked over to greet us with a smile. But instead of the normal handshake, he gave Scott a hug and patted him on the back a few times.

“How have you been Scott? I see you brought friends.” the man said.

Scott was still a little noxious from the train and looked as if the hug was going to make him spill whatever might be left in his stomach. “Please let go, you know how I am after train rides.” he responded.

“Oh, sorry my boy.” he said letting him go. “So what brings you three here?”

“We need information on Willowisps.”

“Is one in London? If so then you should be keeping it from attacking civilians.”

“No, it’s not in London. Mama Louise is watching London while we take care of a few Willowisps in Haringey that are moving towards London.” Scott replied.

“And the other clans? Are they staying peaceful?”

“Yes, they had a meeting and all agreed that it was necessary for their own peace that these Willowisps are destroyed.”

“I see. Go speak with Arbus or Mary but they are going through a rough patch so don’t mention the other to whomever you see. Oh and before you do the Consul and Head Consul wish to see you and your new recruit for an official introduction.”

“Will do.”

“Speaking of which I have yet to meet him. I am one of the Directors of the Table, Aaron Langston.” he said extending a hand to me.

I shook his hand with a tight grip.”Lou Barret sir, it is good to meet you.” I said.

“You seem like a good man. You’ll fit in well here.” he said letting go of my hand. “And Elysif how have you been?” he asked, turning and giving Elysif a hug with a hearty laugh and picking her up off the ground while doing it.

“I have been good but I see old age hasn’t weakened you in the slightest.” She grunted.

He turned to face us and set her down, releasing her from his grip. “Well, I have some business to attend to but I shall see you later.” he said with a slight bow.

We all bowed in return. “Oh, I almost forgot. I brought your favorite.” Scott said, pulling out the box of cigars. 

“That’s my favorite son-in-law!” he said, taking the box.

“I’m your only son-in-law.” Scott corrected.

“I know. That’s why you're my favorite.” he said, walking off.

14