Beginnings – Part Twenty-Six
265 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three waited for a moment until the Director had left before Scott started walking down a hallway marked with the crest of a dragon and a feather pen. “So who are the Concils that we are going to meet.” I asked as Elysif and I followed him.

 

Scott continued to walk down the hall and began saying. “The Head Concil is the leader of the Agency and the Concil is their second in command. Every member of the Agency must meet the Concil and Head Concil so that they might be known personally by them.”

 

“Wait, the head of the entire Agency wants to meet with us?” I asked dumbfounded.

 

“Did you not hear him or are you to stupid to understand.” Elysif said.

 

“I heard him and I understand but aren’t they too important to be meeting with us?”

 

“No, they want to meet with us because it’s necessary. You have yet to meet them as a new agent and thus it is my fault. I am probably going to get chewed out for it.” Scott said, taking a few swigs from his flask. “Plus, you could call me lazy or a problem child but I hate giving written reports so usually I come in person anyways.”

 

“I see.” I said as we arrived at a door at the end of the hall. It had the same crest as the one above the hallway but the door had no door knob or handle. It was flat.

 

 Scott raised his hand and touched the door. “In the name of Arthur Pendragon I, a knight of the table command you to open.” and as he finished the door slid to the side and hid in the wall.

 

Behind the door was a room smaller than I expected. It was roughly ten meters deep and fifteen meters wide. It was impossible to tell what color the walls were because they were lined with bookshelves that were all full. Two desks sat in the room one on each side. The one to the left was as clean as could be with everything neatly stacked and placed with a young man leaning over it. 

 

The other was horrid as books and papers covered in dust stacked nearly to the ceiling. Several books were thrown about in a pile beside it as well as a half-eaten loaf of bread resting on top. It was hard for me to even identify the desk itself. 

 

“Langston! How are you?” The man who stood over the clean desk who was no older than me by his looks asked running over and shaking Scott’s hand. He had white hair and was dressed in a white robe lined with nordic symbols. He was tan and held an air about him that made me at ease.

 

“I am good Concil; and how are things with you?” Scott replied.

 

“You know I can’t get the Head Concil off my ass, otherwise good.” the man said then turned to Elysif. “And I see you brought this fine beauty. I don’t believe we have met, may I enquire to your name miss?”

 

“Elysif, and we have met. Several times in fact. I believe you attempted to grope me once, before the Head Concil broke your hand.” Elysif replied.

 

He stood mouth agape. “I would never do such a thing-” he said in shock before a book flew across the room and hit him in the back of the head. “What was that for?”

 

“You know why.” a young woman said stepping out from behind the pile of books on the disheveled desk. She also didn’t look much older than me. She had long golden hair tied in a single braid and wore loose black pants and a loose worn white shirt that was tucked into her pants. Her attire looked like it was from the fourteen-hundreds. “I apologize for his rudeness to you three. Even after nearly thirteen-hundred years he can’t have the decency to act appropriately around women. I am Mordred Pendragon, daughter of Arthur Pendragon and that fool is Merlin.”

 

“It is good to see you again Head Concil.” Scott said.

 

“You don’t have to be so polite with us Scott. This isn’t a meeting among the elite.” she replied.

 

“So what is it that you wished to speak with us about Mordred?” Scott asked.

 

“We actually only wished to meet your new apprentice and if you could give us a report on what has been happening the past two months, that would be great.” she said in a way that showed that she wasn’t happy that he had yet to write a report.

 

“This is Lou Barret, he is from the future and I shall give you an oral report in a moment.” Scott said, ignoring her tone.

 

“Nice to meet you.” I said extending a hand. They both looked at me warry for a moment.

 

“Are you joking, Scott.” Merlin asked.

 

“No I am not. Even Iscarat Put said he is in fact from the future.” 

 

“I see, and how is Iscarat doing.”

 

“He is doing great, he was recently able to seduce Mama Louise.”

 

“Please don’t gloat about that. That woman is a monster. I feel bad for him rather than enthusiastic.” Merlin said in a whisper, although we could all hear him.

 

“Ugh, these two.” Mordred said with a sigh as the two continued on in their own conversation.

 

“I understand, but men are men. All we can do is hope we find a well mannered one.” Elysif replied.

 

“I agree with that, and how have you been Elysif?” 

 

“Good, but shouldn’t you be talking to Lou? He is the one you wanted to see.” She replied.

 

“Ahh, yes sorry about that. So you're from the future? What is it like?”

 

“Technology and medicine have vastly improved and half of the world wants to kill each other.”

 

“Well at least world politics haven’t changed.” she said with a giggle.

 

“True, but are you really Mordred from the story of king Arthur and Excalibur?” I asked.

 

“Yes, I am.”

 

“But I thought Mordred was a man and tried to kill Arthur.” I said.

 

“I never tried to kill my father, that was written as part of a fictional tale by someone who hated me and only a few knew I was actually a woman so it doesn’t surprise me that you would think I was a man.” She said a little annoyed.

 

“Okay, but how are you alive today?”

 

“Merlin is a great wizard and one of the few who can use the magic of the Elder Ones. as such he used it to keep us young until we can complete our mission.”

 

“And what Mission is that?”

 

“The mission my father had. To create peace between the humans and the creatures of the night.”

15