Beginnings – Part Twenty-Seven
254 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood there a moment before replying. “That seems like an excellent goal and excuse my rudeness but have you not already done that?”

 

She walked over to her dirty desk and pulled a book out of the pile with the loaf of bread on it. She opened it up and flipped through several pages before handing it to me. On the page she had it open to was a painting of several knights fighting against different monsters and on the left corner was several creatures shaking hands with a few knights. “This painting is from my father's time. We haven’t changed in over seven hundred years, we fight some creatures who refuse to make peace and make peace with others who want our help. As such we have yet to even scratch the surface of our mission. We may have spread far and wide but we are spread thin.”

 

“I guess you’re right. Until humans and the supernatural can make peace and live together as one we can’t have peace.”

 

“We want that as well but many creatures of the night want to stay hidden from human knowledge. They would rather pretend to be human than risk being killed by them as a monster. Plus, many creatures agree that if the humans suddenly knew of their existence on a global scale it could risk starting a war and we agree.” she said taking the book back and throwing back in the pile.

 

“Then how will you complete your mission?” I asked.

 

“We don’t know yet. Merlin thinks there might be a way but it will take some time and despite how he acts he is a certifiable genius. He just has some quirks.”

 

“I see.” I said looking over at him attempting to impress Elysif by juggling a few books. Of course right as I looked at him he messed up and dropped two of the books and the other on Scott’s head. I couldn’t help but chuckle but apparently neither could Mordred.

 

Once Mordred had stopped chuckling with me and Scott had stepped away from Elysif and Merlin she gestured him over. “So about that report?” she asked him.

 

“Crap, I had hoped you had forgotten about that.” He replied. She crossed her arms like a mother who was annoyed at her child for doing something they shouldn’t would.

 

“Okay, okay. Not much happened in the past two months, other than our emergency quest from Mama Louise we have had a few minor skirmishes. Nothing new to say on our Changeling friend and there are no Changeling groups in London I can ask. Even if I did have one to talk to they aren’t exactly the most cooperative bunch.” he said.

 

“I also heard you saw the Masked Man?” she said inquisitvely.

 

“Well yes but actually no. I saw A Masked Man I don’t know if it was the Masked Man. He saved mine and Lou’s life by chasing after that Changeling the night he attacked. I did send a report then through Iscarat about it.”

 

“We recieved your report then but you left out the part about a Masked Man. Why is that?”

 

“To be honest Mordred I don’t entirely believe this Masked Man is the same one that killed King Arthur nor do I believe that there is an organization made up of these Masked Men if that theory is to be believed.”

 

“You don’t believe because we haven’t told you everything, is that right?” she asked cocking an eyebrow.

 

“I don’t believe because I have yet to see proof.” he said sternly.

 

“I cannot show you any proof but I can tell you classified information that only me and Merlin know since we were there.”

 

“Why are you going to tell me then?”

 

“Because we want him dead, no I want him dead after what he did to my father. If telling you will make you you believe so that we may catch him then so be it.” she said clenching her fists.

 

15