Beginnings – Part Twenty-Eight
245 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“During the time of King Arthur and the original knight of the round table were all alive a masked man was found in a small village that had been attacked by monsters. He had saved almost all the villagers and had turned over three-hundred creatures to dust before my father and his knights could arrive.” She said.

 

“Well that’s impressive. Was he a sorcerer or something?” Scott asked.

 

“No he was not. He was only armed with a blade.”

 

“Then he must have been something.” Scott replied.

 

“He was, King Arthur took him to Camelot and knighted him. He then moved up in rank very quickly, doing any manner of mission for my father. Until one day my father asked him to join the round table and take the place of Lancelot who had recently commited treason. The Masked Man accepted and was granted the Blade of Truth with this promotion.”

 

“And what is the Blade of Truth? I don’t know that much about this kind of thing.” I asked.

 

“It is a sword that could summon armor that protected you from magical attacks and the sword itself had no blade. It could cut through things based on your willpower.” Mordred explained.

 

“So it’s an anime protagonist's blade?” I replied. Both Scott and Mordred looked at me with blank stares.

 

“I don’t know what that is.” Mordred said.

 

“Neither do I, maybe it’s future talk.” Scott agreed with a shake of his head.

 

“Anyways, after becoming a Knight of the round table all of the Knight under my father’s command went to fight against a horde of creatures. Once they were finished Arthur went to talk with the Masked man alone, Merlin found my father stabbed in the back while the Masked Man had disappeared. He had gained King Arthur’s trust as well as every knight in Camelot then assassinated him.” She finished. Then Merlin had finally given up on Elysif and walked over.

 

“There was not a single footprint near his body except the ones from before and I couldn’t track him with magic. It was as if he disappeared into thin air.” Merlin said in a somber tone.

 

“What else do you know about him? Because most people at the Agency only know a little of what you said.” Scott asked.

 

“We know he is practically immortal as he keeps showing up every so often to attack us and then he disappears without a trace for a while.” Merlin replied.

 

“Why do you think he’s immortal?” I asked.

 

“Because the mask he was wearing is cursed to be unable to take off and once the host of the mask dies the mask turns to dust. I only know that because he asked me if I could examine it when he was a knight.” Merlin spouted.

 

“Then how does he eat?” Elysif interjected.

 

“The mask could conform to its owner's needs and  would open up so that he could eat. Of course he also used it to give himself the most disturbing smile in order to scare his opponents. The only thing it couldn’t do was reveal his face or be removed.” Mordred said.

 

“What was he like before he betrayed you?” I asked.

 

Mordred and Merlin looked at each other then looked at the three of us. “You could say he was a kind person who I wish I had gotten to know better.” Merlin answered.

 

“I could say the same, he was kind and I was almost betrothed to him. I wouldn’t have been unhappy with it if that had happened but I was not ready for a life like that so I rejected the betrothal. To my surprise at the time he was mature about it and told my father that he would not go against my wishes.” she said blushing a little. “But now I see that he didn’t wish to marry me because he was planning to kill my father the whole time.” She said angrily.

 

“I can see that that is a touchy subject. I won’t press on.” I said.

 

“Well, at any rate we have discussed all we needed to so please continue on with what you were originally intending to do.” Merlin said.

 

“Alright, thank you for seeing us Concil, Head Concil.” Scott said with a bow. Before walking towards the door. Elysif and I followed in suit. We got past the door and it automatically shut behind us showing the emblem of the dragon and the feather pen. Which now made a lot of sense. It literally meant Pendragon. 

 

14