Beginnings – Part Twenty-Nine
268 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We went out of the hallway and into the large circular room where we followed Scott into another hallway. We turned left a few meters into the hallway and Scott opened the door to see more books. Unlike Mordred's desk these books were put in a condensed and controlled space. The books lined the shelves without a speck of dust on them and the only books that weren’t on shelves were sitting on a small table. The room itself was like a maze. There was a bookshelf in front of us that went to the wall on the right wall and lining the walls were more book shelves. We walked to the left and there was another bookshelf that went from the left wall out.

 

We continued this path on repeat a few times before we arrived at an open space where a woman sat at a desk with her head buried in a book. A teapot sat beside her on the desk still seaming and a cup of tea sat on the other side of her desk. She didn’t seem to notice us as we walked in.

 

“Mary? Are you dead?” Scott asked. The woman lowered the book from her face to reveal her black hair and sighed. She didn’t look much older than fourteen or fifteen but she had bags under her red eyes like she hadn’t slept in a long time.

 

“Of course I’m dead, I’m a vampire. Now what do you want Scott?” Mary said.

 

“We need to know how to kill a Willowisp and if you don’t know then we could ask you husband.” Scott said. She gave him a glare but it was hard to tell what she was thinking. Her face wasn’t the most expressive.

 

“I think I have something on Willowisps here and he’s more like my ex-husband now.”

 

“Oh really?” Scott said, pretending to be surprised.

 

“Yes.” she said rolling her eyes where she then saw Elysif and I standing beside Scott. “And who are these two Scott?”

 

“This is Elysif, a witch that helps me out.” he said gesturing at her. “And this is Lou, my apprentice.”

 

“Well it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. “She said, standing up and walking over to the bookshelf on her right. She waved her hand over a few of the books, going up and down between shelves before removing a book. “Here it is!”

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“A book of Fey and Fey types based on Agency field studies over the past Five-hundred years.” she said flipping through it before stopping on a later page. “Here we are.” 

 

“Alright, what does it say?” Scott asked.

 

“Nothing of use. Those, Knuckle dragging, cur, I bite my thumb at the, elephant faced, asshat, fuckers.” she shouted obscenities from what was at least a few different generations.

 

“”“What do you mean nothing of use?!?!””” Elysif, Scott, and I asked.

 

“I mean nothing useful.” She said, showing us the page.

 

On it was a horrifying creature that looked like it came from a creepy pasta. It had the skull of an elk which eyes glowed yellow for a face and its arms and legs were as thin as bones. The body looked like it was starving because all it’s ribs were showing but it was covered in jet black latex looking skin, all except for it’s skull head. To finish it off it had hair down to its waist that resemble the branches of a weeping willow.

 

The rest of the page went as followed:

 

“Year 1712

We have come across a creature that does not die from silver but can be harmed with iron. We believe it to be Fey by origin and despite its body it is quite strong. It can blend into the forest-scape with ease during the night. We will continue to watch it.

 

The creature has attacked a child in the woods and attempted to eat it with a mass of tentacles that hide under its skull. The five Agents with me stopped it but it killed three of them before fleeing.

 

It attacked us in the night as if it was hunting us, waiting to strike like a common predator. It killed the other two Agents. I was able to escape when it stopped to count the sugar and salt that had spilled from our ration bag during the fight. Its speed is immeasurable and its strength is enough to rip a man in half. If you see one of these creatures DO NOT FIGHT IT, RUN and hope it didn’t see you.

 

~Agent Mora Seld, Rank Five Star.”

 

“Jesus Christ!” Elysif exclaimed.

 

“Welp, now we know what we are gonna be fighting.” Scott said

 

“We are not fighting that thing.” I said.

 

“No we aren’t, we are fighting several of those things.” Scott said with a grin.

14