Beginnings – Part Thirty
232 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott walked off back through the maze of bookshelves with a wave of his hand back at Mary. “thank you for your help Mary. I’ll see about getting you some of my blood when I’m done.”

 

“That’s unnecessary since I don’t need human blood.” She yelled back so he could hear her as she placed the book back where she pulled it from.

 

“I know but you like it better.” he stopped and yelled back. Elysif and I walked through the maze of bookshelves after him. He walked out the door and held it open for us. Once we had gone through the door I turned to him.

 

“What are you thinking? We are going to get ourselves killed.” I practically yelled at him. He cocked his head to the side then looked down at the ground before he started chuckling.

 

“Were either of you paying attention?” we both looked at him like he was going insane. “She just told us its weakness.” we both continued to look at him like he was insane.

 

He sighed. “Salt and sugar have been used to distract Fey for centuries. Despite being made by people they are still Fey and have the same instinct to count those things no matter how much peril they’re in. It’s why no one has ever seen a Fey outside of the British isles. If they saw the beach they would spend eternity counting every last grain of sand.”

 

“Does that mean that you're going to kill them by first having them count salt or sugar?” Elysif asked.

 

“Absolutely.” he replied with a smug grin.

 

“Well then you can count me out.” Elysif proclaimed walking away but was stopped when Scott grabbed her shirt collar.

 

“Nope, you’re coming with us. Remember you wanted to come with us and your train ticket wasn’t free. Plus if you aren’t there then who’s gonna heal us when we get hurt?” Scott said not holding back much with his temper.

 

“But I don’t want to die!” she exclaimed.

 

“Then don’t die.” Scott said, opening the door across the hall. I felt a little left out and I agreed with Elysif. I didn’t want to die and it was a terrible plan despite sounding good.

 

“Arbus! Old undead friend. How are you?” Scott said entering the room. There were two men in the room. One looked around fifteen or sixteen with red eyes and dirty blonde hair. He wore a suit but he had the top three buttons undone on his shirt and had no tie. The other man wore a tattered suit and had short black hair. He seemed to have a smile plastered on his face but it turned into a frown when he saw Scott.

 

The room itself was similar to Mary’s room but instead of bookshelves stacked in a maze it was open with filing cabinets on each wall with a desk in the center towards the back end of the room. A few files lined the desk along with some writing utensils and a typewriter. 

 

“Why don’t you ever greet me like that you drunk ass?” the black haired man asked Scott.

 

“Ten? You’re still here? I would have thought you would have left on another mission by now.” Scott replied.

 

“For the last time it’s COMPTON! And I am on a mission, one that is top secret.” 

 

“It didn’t sound so top secret when you told me.” The younger man said.

 

“You told Arbus but you're not willing to tell me? I’m hurt that you think of me as less of a friend than Arbus.” Scott said with dramatic flair.

 

I was starting to feel as if Elysif and I were witnessing something that didn’t concern either of us. Elysif was apparently thinking the same thing since we both backed out of the room and shut the door slowly.  We both sighed then turned to the other. “We should probably leave them be.” Elysif said.

 

“Agreed.”

 

I wonder where we are staying for the night? I’m getting rather tired.” Elysif asked.

 

“I don’t know but I’m getting tired too. Maybe Scott’s father in law can help us find a place?” I said.

 

“What can I help you with?” A voice said from behind. It shocked Elysif and I to the point where we both jumped back. Then we both realized it was Scott’s father in law, Aaron. 

 

“You scared us there.” Elysif replied. “We were wondering where we might be staying for the night and thought that maybe you could help us.”

 

“There is a fine hotel run by a Witches Coven that is on good terms with the Agency. You could stay there.” He said while stroking his chin.

 

“Is there anywhere else?” Elysif asked in a rushed voice..

 

“I understand your issue with Coven’s Elysif and I was wrong to offer it. There might be a few spare rooms in the main Castle. I could ask if you would like?” he replied apologetically.

 

“It’s fine, please ask for us if possible.” she replied with a bow. He bowed back and turned away.

 

“Oh and before I forget, Lou I believe you still only have a knife as your weapon. If you would like you can go to the armory and find yourself a better weapon now that you’re an official agent.” Aaron turned back and said.

 

‘Thank you, I will.” I replied and with a nod he walked off. What a nice man.

12