Beginnings – Part Thirty-One
260 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had forgotten to ask where the Armory was so Elysif and I wandered around for a bit. We found several offices, storerooms, and even a ballroom of sorts. I’m pretty sure the ballroom was actually a training room that doubled as an event room or something but I had no clue. We Eventually found the Armory though with a few people that weren’t too happy to see us there. I told the guy behind the desk in the Armory that I needed something made of Iron for the Willowisps and also something silver for anything else.

 

He pondered for a second before pulling a box off the shelf. Then he opened it up to reveal a six shot revolver with a detachable silver blade on the underside of the barrel. With it he gave me an iron blade to replace the silver one whenever I needed to. Also a box of iron bullets and silver bullets.it would work perfectly if I knew anything about guns other than from video games I played in the future. I guess I would figure it out. He also gave me a holster.

 

Elysif also asked for a suit with Iron thread sewn into it. He asked her size and then got her a suit from another shelf. I wish I could have gotten one of those but the man told me he didn’t have any in my size. Somewhat satisfied we left the Armory only to bump into Director Langston again. He told us he found an open room and led us there. After he got us settled in he left to find Scott while Elysif and I had our own problem. Who was going to sleep where?

 

There was one king bed and a couch in the room but there were three people. We decided that since Scott wasn’t there that he didn’t get a choice in the matter. The couch was practically all hardwood except for a thin cushion on the seat. Neither of us wanted it so it came down to a mutual agreement, that Scott would get the couch and we would share the bed. However it was made very clear that if I did anything then Elysif would dissect me and not put me back together. And here I thought we had a bonding moment avoiding Scott and his problems.

 

At about eleven that night Scott came into the room and kicked me off the bed only to go lay down on the couch anyways. He was quite the jerk about it. The next morning though we all realized that we had left our bags on the train. Scott seemed depressed for a while but then raided his father in law’s booze cabinet as well as took the liberty of “borrowing” some spare clothes from the Agency for the three of us. Thankfully neither Elysif nor I had anything more than clothes in our bags. We left Warwick Castle after breakfast and saying goodbye to everyone. Mordred assigned me to give written reports for Scott from now on which Scott was in favor of since that meant he had to ride the train less. Just great, even in 1888 I have written assignments.  

 

Within the hour we were headed to Haringey by train which was great for except Scott who couldn’t keep anything down. By the time we had arrived in Haringey Scott was looking like a ragdoll in the wind. He kept saying gibberish and chuckling, it was like he was actually drunk. We ended up dragging him and the few things we had to a nearby inn. We chucked Scott on one of the beds and enjoyed a meal before heading to bed ourselves. 

 

The next morning Scott had woken up in a cheery mood. He apparently slept well but ate more food than I've ever seen him eat for breakfast. Guess he was hungry? Well, he did spew everything on the train so it makes sense. Once we had all eaten Scott told the innkeeper that we might be staying a while and we headed off into town.

 

14