Beginnings – Part Forty
207 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Elysif and Scott had climbed down from Rubin snapped his fingers and the rubble began floating in the air. It held itself up to the place it had been before and completely healed itself. We all stood in shock. There was no magic that we knew of nor that Iscarat had explained to us that could do anything like that. At least not without a magic tool. “Sorry if that surprised you, I just would rather not have the draft. It is getting quite chilly at night now that it is fall.” Rubin Ruben said.

 

“Okay, so you have proven yourself to be powerful. Although that doesn’t prove that you didn’t attack a settlement.” Scott said.

 

“How about I put it to you this way, some of my Willowisps have gone missing. I have killed them though once I realize they are no longer under my control but it can take days sometimes before I realize it.”

 

“So what you’re saying is that it was your Willowisps but you lost control of them? That seems really convenient.” Elysif replied.

 

“You would think but as you saw before I can control things like the Willowisps easily. For me to lose control of them means that something or someone is removing my control.” Rubin stated.

“That makes sense.” Scott replied.

 

“W-wait, how does that make sense?” Elysif stammered.

 

“I mean it does seem possible.” I replied.

 

“If you are telling the truth then where do you think we should look for this person?” Scott asked.

 

“Let me ask one of the fairies around here if they know?” Rubin said, and with a whistle a potted flower in the corner of the room bloomed. From the flower a creature no taller than my hand emerged. It had two sets of wings and the body of a small woman. It flew over to Rubin and landed on his hand.

 

“What can I do for you Rubin Squared?” it asked.

 

“Could you ask around to see where my missing Willowisps have gone?” Rubin replied. It nodded and flew off with an annoying flutter. “Well that might take a while, would any of you care for any refreshments?”

 

“Alcohol if you have any.” Scott said. Both Elysif and I looked at him and then he coughed up some blood and crumpled to his knees.

 

“”Scott”” we both cried rushing to his side. I myself was still in pain but whatever Elysif had given me had relieved me of most of my pain as well as healed my major wounds. Scott on the other hand wasn’t doing so well. I wasn’t sure but I assume that Elysif gave him the same stuff.

 

“I’m fine, it’s just my body reacting to me using my enhancements. I usually have at least nine minutes before my body starts to reject itself but I haven’t used it in a while so I guess it’s less.” Scott replied before hacking up some more blood.

 

Rubin walked over to us and placed his hand on Scott’s head. Before either me or Elysif could stop him Scott’s body started to glow a faint blue. “I repaired some of your organs, however enhancing your body with magic is recless and stupid. Why you would do such a thing I don’t know but I have no control over you. I shall prepare some drinks.” Rubin said to Scott and walked through the doorway on the left side of the room.

 

“I think I trust him now.” Elysif said.

 

“All it took was for you to trust him? You're growing soft.” Scott said.

 

“Oh shut up, you were trusting him the moment Lou said we should.” she rebutted.

 

“No, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.” he corrected.

 

“Fine.” She said crossing her arms.

 

“Now Scott, I want to know about these enhancements and what they’re doing to your body?” I asked. He gave me a look as if he didn’t want to talk about it but I needed to know now and he could tell.

12