Beginnings – Part Forty-One
227 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott looked up as some of the blood he had coughed up started to dry on his five-o-clock shadow bearing chin. He saw that I wasn’t backing down. I was worried and Elysif was only going to tell me enough to satisfy my curiosity for a while. He sighed.

 

“Before my wife died I was as normal as you. I mean I was a lot more reliable in a fight but still. When she died however, I didn’t know what to do. Revenge was the only thing I wanted so I went to Iscarat and forced him to turn my body into a magic tool. He was hesitant and told me that if I did this I might die after if I didn’t focus on controlling the enhancement.

 

I went ahead with it because I didn’t plan on living. I was going to kill everyone who could have been involved in my wife's murder and die. I committed genocide on every werewolf in England, there are only a few packs left in the world and they barely rise in numbers above one-hundred. I was ready to die after that.

 

Although I felt as if my wife wasn’t going to let me die that easily. I passed out in an alley and awoke to having whiskey poured in my mouth by a beggar. I was drunk and I had no control over my enhancements but I could still function as a person. After hobbling to Iscarat’s home he told me that the alcohol was causing me to have barely enough control of motor function to move but was blocking me from the enhancements. 

 

He had never seen anything like it  and was surprised to even see me alive but urged me to drink from sun up till sun down. That wasn’t very hard for me as I was sad due to my wife dying so I drank and drank.

 

I later learned how to control my mental state while drunk but only to a certain degree and I was trained to be able to fight even when disoriented. Thus the shift for me wasn’t that difficult and that’s the story. Happy now?” Scott said, relinquishing his story to me. I was somewhat satisfied but at the same time disappointed that it wasn’t more interesting. 

 

“I brought refreshments, would anyone like a biscuit?” Rubin asked walking back into the room holding a tray covered in snacks and beverages. He set it on the desk then brought the bottle of alcohol to Scott, who gladly took it and downed half of it. The man must have a liver of steel. Rubin then turned to us and offered tea, we accepted and talked for a while.

 

Rubin told the other two about how I might be a Time Lord. They were surprised to say the least but willing to listen. “So Lou is a Time Lord?” Elysif asked, not entirely convinced.

 

“Perhaps, although my only proof is that he went back in time and that strange feeling I felt when we touched hands. It was awfully familiar.” Rubin answered before biting down on a biscuit. The crumbs from it fell down into his beard to be found at a later time I assumed.

 

“I have been with the Agency a long time and I have never heard of a Time Lord. If there was any knowledge of someone who could travel through time at will it would have been classified as a top level threat.” Scott interjected.

 

“I have a theory about that. The reason I believe that Time Lords can only meet their predecessor is because when a Time Lord returns to their original time period, they switch to another dimensional plane. This may also be why history is altered so dramatically between Time Lords. For example, when I traveled through the past the Agency was only a small group and most so called mythical creatures have been killed off by my time. However, when I returned to my time period and gave up my ability to walk through time, the Agency was massive and mythical creatures were everywhere.” Rubin explained.

 

“So what you’re saying is that something I do as a Time Lord will fuck up a ton of shit and the world will be filled with monsters?” I asked.

 

“Yes, to put it bluntly. I attempted to save my people from extinction as I am the only survivor of a massive attack but failed due to the unspoken rules of time. Somehow when I revoked my powers, my people were thriving again, as if nothing ever happened. This is why I believe that we switch dimensional planes. So in some aspects you saved my people without realizing it and that is something I am very thankful for. Thus I wouldn’t say as you put it fucked up a ton of shit but rather beat your own path” Rubin said.

 

“This is still a lot to take in.” I said setting my biscuit down and rubbing the bridge of my nose.

 

“I understand. Take your time to figure things out. Trust me, you have plenty.” Rubin said before picking up his tea cup and taking a small sip. He pulled it away quickly and jerked a little from his lips being burnt. The tea nearly spilled onto the floor. “Bloody hot bastard.” he spoke in a hushed tone. Elysif smiled but only I could see it from where she was hiding it behind her tea cup, Scott however chuckled out loud for everyone to hear.

10