Beginnings – Part Forty-Two
195 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Scott finished chuckling, Rubin gave him an annoyed look. I don’t think they were going to be getting along. I laid my head on the table which was kinda rude but no one here could blame me. I know I took it easily when he first told me but I didn’t exactly have the time to process it. Now I did and it felt like a burden, I didn’t want this. Even if it was awesome to be able to time travel, I didn’t want to screw anything up.

 

Scott basically didn’t care as far as I could tell, but he was drunk so I didn’t really know. Elysif however was intrigued and cautious as to what could be done with this information from what I could tell. Before I could really ask either of them the fairy that had appeared before flew back into the room we were in. It got up in Rubins face to get his attention then got up to his ear where it spoke to him. When the fairy was done he nodded his head and she flew off to the flower she appeared from before and closed the petals over her. 

 

“What did it say?” I asked.

 

“Oberon has said that a fey giant is resting on the edge of the woods to the south and could be powerful enough to relieve my Willowisps of their slave enchantments.” Rubin replied.

 

“Wait wait wait, did you say Oberon? As in Elder One and king of the Fey?” Scott asked sitting up.

 

“That’s not possible he’s been missing for over a hundred years.” Elysif stated.

 

“Actually me and Oberon have tea every now and then. We are on quite good terms, he just lives in the land of the Fey. No one except those who he has accepted can enter his sanctuary.” Rubin corrected.

 

“Well, that’s another surprise that I didn’t need today. Lets go kids. Thank you for the hospitality Mr.Ruben.” Scott said getting up. “May I buy the rest of this bottle off you?”

 

“You may keep it, but speak with the Fey rather than fighting it as a way of payment.” Rubin said.

 

“I will try that first but if it attacks us then I will have no other choice.” Scott replied as he started for the door. We got up and shook Rubin's hand as we walked by him after Scott. Rubin showed us the door and once outside of it we were in the forest above the room. We had walked out of a tree it seemed. 

 

“So Scott, are we gonna go talk to this Fey that he spoke of?” Elysif asked.

 

“No, I am in no shape to fight if we needed to and neither is Lou. Plus, I’m tired and want to get some sleep and some more booze.” Scott said walking back towards the village.

 

“Lou, come on, we could do it. Let’s go talk to this thing.” She said turning to me.

 

“No, I agree with Scott. I am in a lot of pain. Your potion only did so much for my wounds.” I replied walking after Scott. 

 

“Ugh, fine.” Elysif said giving in and running up to us.

 

* * *

 

From behind them a man watched in hiding. He was sitting behind a bush and cautiously viewing them leave. It was Compton, and once he saw that they were out of sight he stood up and began following them again. He wasn’t exactly sure what he had witnessed but the last thing he heard was an old dwarf telling Lou that he was some sort of time traveler. He was feeling more and more guilty about following Scott as he continued with this mission but he knew there must have been a reason.

 

To be honest the more he followed Scott the more his gut told him he should be following his new partner. Lou seemed innocent but something about him gave Compton chills and this whole time traveler mystery was making it worse. “I should just go report this to headquarters… On the other hand, I was a little mad that I broke that tool. I should just stay here until their done with this Willowisp business.” he said to himself as he waded through the woods.

 

“I wonder why they wanted me to even follow Scott? He is the least likely to betray the Agency out of anyone. Mordred knows that, so why do they think he could possibly be the masked man?” he continued to talk to himself. The questions kept piling up in his mind and wouldn’t stop. It made him even question his loyalties to the Agency as all of his friends other than Scott had died. Yet they were making him of all people spy on him.

 

He was ready to just turn around and leave but as he walked he heard a twig snap from behind him. He turned around to see a Willowisp crouched over a few meters away. It turned and looked at him and he noticed something. The eyes weren’t yellow but instead were crimson red. Its jaw unhinged and charged at him.

7