Beginnings – Part Forty-Four
200 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You could say I am your power or the power all Time Lords as you call them have.” the child said as it rocked back and forth.

 

“That doesn’t really answer my question.” I replied not exactly amused. The child gave me a scowl in return.

 

“Fine, you want me to give you a name? You can call me… Tim.” Tim said.

 

“Was that a reference to-” I started.

 

“Nope, it is the shortened version of my true name. That is all you need to know.” Tim interrupted.

 

“So what is this place, Tim?” I asked.

 

“Nowhere yet, everywhere. This is your dream which is why you’re so calm about this. I’ve learned that dreams are the best place to commune with mortals because when dreaming most common sense is thrown out the window. There is only logic and emotions here.” 

 

“Why are you a child? If you don’t mind answering.” I asked.

 

“I am what you subconsciously believe I am. My true form is unknown except to me. Every Time Lord has a different idea of me. The dwarf believed me to be akin to the old storyteller mentioned in Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey, the Warlord believed me to be a dragon, the farmer believed me to be the same as the sun and moon, and you imagine me to be that of a carefree child with no gender. That is all.” Tim explained.

 

“Then if you are here, does that mean you wish to explain how I can use my abilities?” 

 

“Ha ha ha” Tim bellowed with laughter to the point they almost fell over. “That is a good joke. I am only here to explain that I only do what I believe is interesting. I lend people my powers at random so don’t think you're some chosen one or anything; and then I watch them do things with it I would never have thought of. However, I did make the mistake of giving my powers to Rubin, he did practically nothing with his gift and it got so boring.” Tim said in a ticked of fashion. It was like I was hearing someone complain about their job through a child's mouth.

 

“Okay, well if you want something interesting then why don’t you show me how to use these powers?”

 

“No, in the time you’ve been in the past you have done so much interesting stuff without these powers that I just want to see what happens.”

 

“Well then answer this. Can I stop people from dying if I haven’t been there before?” I asked.

 

Tim got up and started to pace. “No, only I have that ability and I would have to erase the timeline beyond that.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“... However, if you can do it without changing anything in the past then yes. For example if someone's body disappeared after they died then you could go back and fake their death then bring them to your current time. This wouldn’t affect the timeline in the slightest as nothing was technically changed.” Tim stated.

 

“So you’re saying I could save King Arthur and Scott’s wife?” I asked excitedly

 

“No, both of them died and their bodies were buried. On top of that multiple people examined each body so nothing can be done about them.” Tim said, raining on my parade.

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

Tim walked over to me and patted me on the head in the most annoying way possible. “There there child, do you want a cookie?”

 

“Do I look like a child?”

 

“No but you act like one.” Tim said obviously moccing me. That little bitch.

 

“Can I just wake up now if you’re not actually going to tell me anything?”

 

“Well I could, if you can beat me in a game of chess.”

 

“... fine.” I said giving in. This Tim child is such an ass. With a wave of Tim’s hand a chess board appeared on the floor in between us. I sat down opposite of Time as they made the first move. 

 

“You know as a thank you for humoring me, I’ll give you a hint. Imagine the time and place and really think about it.” Tim said sticking their tongue out in a teehee fashion. We played chess for what felt like several hours… I lost.

 

“Well, I guess it’s about time you woke up.” Tim said, standing up and stretching. The child clapped their hands and I began to fall. I fell into my bed and I sprung out of the bed onto the floor with a crash. I heard a woman yelling from behind me but was too shook up from face planting on the floor.

 

9