Beginnings – Part Forty-Nine
187 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I understand, but that’s also why you talked to me in London and why you made it so obvious that your secret mission pertained to me. You didn’t want to betray me so you did what you could without betraying the Agency. You were always the type to have a good moral compass Compton so I trust you.” Scott said rubbing the back of his neck.

 

“So what are you going to do?” Compton asked.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course, but I do want to know why the Agency wanted me to be followed. It wasn’t dad being worried was it?”

 

“No nothing like that. They thought that you might have some knowledge about the masked man that you weren’t bringing to light. Now that I have been following you three I have problems with Lou, I don’t trust him. If he is a Time Lord like that dwarf said then he is an asset or a danger to the Agency.”

 

“I understand which is why we are sharing everything about that with the Agency. If you don’t trust him then fine but trust me.”

 

“I do trust you and I always have. If you say he is trustworthy then I will accept it. However you and I never made contact, I will tell the Agency I was never even noticed and you will not mention me at all. Got it?”

 

“I was going to do that anyways. Less bullshit I have to deal with that way.”

 

“Okay, then I’ll see you in afew days at the Agency.”

 

“See you then.” Scott said walking towards the village. “Oh hey if you see any Willowisps that are out of control could you take them out as a favor.”

 

“I already have been.”

 

“Well that’s very kind of you.” Scott replied with a wave.

 

* * *

 

Elysif and I had returned to the inn and had started eating some roast duck when Scott finally wandered in. He was covered in mud and smelled of manure. “I’m going to change quickly so save some for me.” was all he said when he walked by us and up to his room. We weren’t sure what to think about him looking like that.

 

“Maybe he fell in a pasture or something on his way back?” I said.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised but even when drunk he can be somewhat in control of himself unlike most people.” Elysif said.

 

“So it’s unlikely. Would you like to bet on it?”

 

“Sure. how about a shilling on whether or not he fell in a pasture?”

 

“You’re on.” I replied and we continued to eat while we waited for Scott. When he finally came down he sat down and started digging into the duck. 

 

“So, want to tell us why you were covered in mud?” I asked.

 

“Not particularly, no.” he replied.

 

“Well, we want to know.” Elysif said.

 

“Fine, I was walking back and some of the local brats decided I was a good target for their mud fight and some of them used manure. Happy?”

 

“Wow, that wasn’t what we were expecting at all.” I said as I handed a shilling to Elysif. She gave me a satisfied smile.

 

“You two, were betting on it?” Scott asked with a disappointed tone.

 

“Well, not exactly.” Elysif started to lie.

 

“We did.” I interrupted.

 

“Good, I expected as much. It doesn’t really matter though, we are heading back to the Agency tomorrow and whoever won is going to be explaining the whole situation to them while I recover from motion sickness..” He said.

 

“That’s unfair.” Elysif refuted.

 

“Too bad.” he replied before taking a bite of the duck.

9