Beginnings – Part Fifty
193 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We left the next morning as Scott said. He bought our train tickets before he arrived at the inn. Which was a great help. Although we still had to deal with Scott’s motion sickness. That got me wondering though. If he is capable of moving at superhuman speeds when he is sober but suffers from motion sickness when he isn’t sober, then the alcohol is definitely to blame for his motion sickness.

 

It took us only a few hours to return to Warwick but as soon as we did we had to wait for Scott to regain himself and get a hold of his innards. Once he did however he just decided to let us go alone so he could find a place to nap. Thus Elysif and I continued to Warwick Castle. 

 

When we arrived we were let in by the guards without any need for a password. We went down the hallway into the large chamber. The walls were still gleaming, and in the center of the room was a table. Seated at the table was a young woman, Compton, Mordred, and Merlin. They all became silent when we walked in.

 

The first to speak up was Mordred. “Perfect timing. Now we can have these two settle the matter Mama Louise.” Wait, Mama Louise. Was that young woman her? I couldn’t tell. Mama Louise was an old hag but this woman was the definition of grace. She had long black hair that was tied up in a bun with a braid around it. Her clothes were similar to a summer dress with a ballgown style flare to it. To add to that she didn’t give off the aura that she wanted to slaughter all of us.

 

“Of course, however I do not see Scott.” Mama Louise replied.

 

“He is suffering from motion sickness so he is currently resting.” Elysif responded.

 

“I see, the man never did get used to riding the train. Perhaps we should return his messenger hawk privileges?” Merlin said.


“Do you really want all those letters asking for a raise? We still haven’t finished going through the ones he sent before we revoked his privileges.” Mordred said.

 

“If I may ask, what matter are we settling?” I asked.

 

“Oh, yes. I apologise. Mama Louise is growing impatient and would like to hear some news about the Willowisps however since it was never an official request I don’t see why it is the Agency’s problem as a whole. You asked Scott and his team not me or Merlin.” Mordred replied, showing some resentment towards Mama Louise. There was obviously a lot of tension here. 

 

“We have found the source of the Willowisp attacks and have taken care of it. There should be no more attacks from those Willowisps. I must ask though. How is it that you look so young?” I said to Mama Louise. Everyone seemed shocked by the question except Mama Louise. It was like I had just called out a king for something stupid.

 

“I look like this because of the elixir that Iscarat gave me. I am glad that you have taken care of the source though. Keeping all the major families in London at bay has been quite difficult for even me.” Mama Louise replied with a smile.

 

“I see.” I responded. You could almost hear the people in the room starting to breathe again.

 

“Now that that has been settled Mama Louise please feel free to stay in one of Warwick Castles spare rooms.” Merlin said.

 

“Thank you, I would be delighted.” she responded with a bow and walked off with what I expected was her guide. 

 

“Well then, on to the next matter of business.” Mordred said. “Elysif, Lou, would you give us a testimony as to what happened with the Willowisp incident?”

 

We then told them everything that happened between the two of us. When we were done Merlin and Mordred were intrigued by the idea of me being a Time Lord but didn’t take as fact. They instead wanted to talk to Rubin Ruben first and see if he was telling the truth. Otherwise they weren’t disturbed by anything else we had to say. 

 

“Compton did all of that happen?” Mordred asked. Wait, he was watching us?

 

“It was other than a few minor details that aren’t all that important.” he responded.

 

“Good, I now know we can trust you two.” Merlin said.

 

“It isn’t normal for you to trail an agent. Even a new one. Why were you having him trail us?” Elysif asked, not even hiding that she was pissed.

 

“I actually agree. Why did you have me follow them?” Compton asked.

 

“Well we can’t hide it any longer. It was a test, Compton. To see where your loyalties lie. You still followed the order to spy on Scott despite him being your closest friend.” Merlin answered.

 

“That doesn’t make sense. I have already proven my loyalties ten times over.” Compton replied.

 

“We have decided to make you the director of your division and give you a seat on the Council but we needed to know that you were truly loyal to the point of betraying a friend.” Mordred said.

 

””What”” Compton and Elysif practically yelled.

9