Beginnings – Part Fifty-Two
195 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott was chewed out for a good hour by Mordred and then for another hour by his father in law. I feel bad for the man. What made it worse was that while all this was happening Compton was receiving praise after praise for becoming a director. Although Compton looked like he wanted to die. He seemed like a very introverted person but worked with it whenever he needed to. 

 

Scott however, was taking it like a champ. All of the stereotypical chastising had no affect on his pride. That ended though whenever Mordred said she was about to give him back his messenger hawk privileges but due to this incident she wasn’t. Although she said she would give those privileges to me as she still technically needed someone to report things to her. When she said this he gave me a dirty look followed by a wry smile. Whatever he just thought of couldn’t be good.

 

Mordred had disappeared during all this to God knows where and Elysif, well… she was enjoying the show. After a good while we ended up spending the night. The next morning we left on the same train as Mama Louise. She was riding in first class unlike us so we never actually saw her after boarding the train. We spent the train to London making sure Scott didn’t hurl everything in his stomach but to no avail.

 

 Once we arrived we went back to the apartments and instantly plopped down on our own beds. We ignored the stack of mail flooding behind the door because we were too tired to care. All for different reasons though. Scott had puked all his energy out, Elysif was just tired for some reason, and I was puked on by Scott twice. I was able to remove a layer to deny the vomit from reaching my undershirt and the second time was on my pants. Thus I simply removed my pants and buttoned up my trench coat all the way down. 

 

* * *

 

The next morning I sifted through the mail but found nothing of major importance. Some were thank you letters to Scott for settling some matters in the past and others were spam. I was worried with a few death threats Scott received which I showed him. He didn’t care in the slightest and told me he received them all the time. In fact his most notorious series of death threats were written by a barkeeper who had bet him his entire stock that he couldn’t beat his champion boxer in a fight. He won and that pissed him off pretty badly. Scott was more concerned with how they have the time to write the threats.

 

Elysif decided to come up to us later due to boredom. The three of us decided to play cards but learned very quickly that Scott could count cards. After several defeats Elysif and I went for a stroll. However it was more like a patrol. A few hours later we were by buckingham palace which was way beyond where we wanted to go but we had fun. Although that’s the last time I’ll take directions from a blind guy. In my defense I didn’t know he was blind at the time.

 

 By the time we got home it was dark and the only light we had was the moon. In our apartment window Scott was sitting there and staring up at the moon like an enamored girl in a shitty follow your dreams style movie. However unlike most of those movies he had a bottle in his hand so it was less dramatic and more depressing. Elysif and I waited outside the apartment for a while betting on if he would fall or not. He did, but onto the apartment floor.

 

We each went to bed except for Scott who had passed out on the floor when he fell. I closed the window he fell out of before I went to sleep so there wouldn’t be too many bugs attacking us in the night. I wanted our little vacation to last forever but we had to start patrolling and training which was going to be sooo fun. I know when it is read like that you probably can’t tell but that was sarcasm.

 

To say the least nothing of interest happened for a good while, that is until the thirty-first of August. Someone had been killed and it wasn’t exactly a pretty sight.

9