Beginnings – Part Fifty-Four
173 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rose a few hours later as we sat across from a young Mama Louise. She was sipping coffee from a porcelain tea cup with subtle hints of her sleep deprivation. Although she had yet to say anything we could easily tell that she wasn’t overjoyed to aid us. Then she set her cup down on its plate with a shaky motion. She then crossed her legs while clasping her hands around her knees.

 

“Do you realize what you are asking me Scott?” She asked.

 

“Yes, but I would think that because of our recent endeavor we would be entitled to a favor.” Scott countered.

 

She sat twiddling her thumbs for a moment before answering.”You are correct. Although, that does not mean I can do the impossible. We did our best to keep the peace around London while you were away but we found no trace of the Changeling during that time. I don’t see how we are going to able to find it now.” 

 

“I am not asking you to find it but rather keep an eye out for it. You have plenty of authority in London and can see what we cannot.” Scott explained.

 

 “That does seem more realistic. I will consider it but if you were to bring me more of Iscarats youth elixir I would be more inclined to accept your request.” She said giving Scott and I a hinting smile.

 

“Can’t you just go have one of your lackies get it? Or do it yourself? You did have some relations with Iscarat before, didn’t you? Why do we have to go on errands for you when someone could die?” I responded. You could say I wasn’t happy with her because she is using us without much payment but it was more about the fact that someone was murdered and there might be another murder soon. Scott looked at me like he thought I was about to be killed.

 

“We had relations but those relations have been strained. Though you do misunderstand two things. You, in a way, are my lackies and I can’t go by myself because even though I look like I am relaxing I am actually very busy. I am only speaking to you now because I respect the two of you and know that you would only want to talk for a few minutes.” She replied with a smug dignified look.

 

“F-forgive him Mama Louise. He has been a bit on edge lately since he was stabbed by the same person.” Scott said. I looked at him in shock because he was attempting to BS Mama Louise.

 

“Calm down Scott. The boy was simply venting. He has a right to, but I would caution him as to who he vents in front of. Though he does have a point. Someone else could be killed and although the Crown works with the Agency they can easily attack us if humans start dying in London. One here and there are okay but if it gets noticeable we would be in trouble. We will help you.” She said.

 

“Thank you.” Scott said with a sigh. He stood up from the chair along with myself and we began to head out the door.

 

“Scott, please bring me that elixir if possible.” She said as we left. We continued out through the main hall and were shown out into the street. 

 

“Well?” I said as we walked in the direction of the apartment.

 

“Well what?” he replied, cocking his eyebrow.

 

“What now? Do we continue the search?”

 

“No, let’s head home. I need to have Elysif go to the coroner's office and look at the body.”

 

“Well I’m not just going to sit around.”

 

“You’re right, you're not. You are going to Iscarat’s to get a few bottles of that elixir.”

 

“... I am? Why am I doing that? It is such a waste of time.” I asked unsure as to why we were even appeasing that selfish prick.

 

“Did you not notice that when she set her tea down she was shaking?”

 

“I did.”

 

“That is a sign of withdrawal. She might be addicted to those elixirs and although an intervention would be fun, having her in a calm mood will help us in the long run. So you will get those elixirs and bring them to her.”

 

“So you want to drug her up and feed her addiction so that we can use her and her resources?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“The fact that you didn’t even hesitate to answer that makes me wonder how evil you can be.” he shot me a strange glance.

 

“I am not evil. I am simply doing what is best for everyone.”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

“Fine… I’ll go to Iscarat’s.” I said and I turned right at the next street to head towards Iscarat’s with a huff.

9