Beginnings – Part Fifty-Six
180 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he slammed the door I began working the key into the lock. Within a matter of seconds I had the door to Iscarat’s dimension ready and had given it three hard knocks. A few minutes passed before I heard the sound of several locks being undone. I didn’t see the point of the locks when he was in another dimension but to each their own.

 

“Ah, Barret. I didn’t expect to see you for a while. What can I help you with?” Iscarat said in his usual pubescent voice after opening the door. He was still looking much younger than his old self but couldn’t seem to get rid of the voice. 

 

“I am actually on an errand for Mama Louise.” he shuddered at the sound of her name. “Is something wrong? Wait, did you two have a falling out?” I asked.

 

“No!... Well actually, yes. She only loved me for the Elixir I produced and to make it worse, she became addicted to it. She had been offering me sexual favors for them but I refused after I realized it. I cut her off and now all she has is that little supply she has been hoarding.”

 

“That sucks. But she’s becoming unstable and dangerous because she wants it so badly. She was still young looking when we visited but I don’t know when that will wear off and she starts going through withdrawals. Scott doesn’t want her going through that because he can’t predict what she will do.” 

 

“I see… I know what the symptoms of the withdrawals are because I have had them. A few days of paranoia and itching but nothing more and she will stay young looking for two days after a fresh dose.”

 

“Well, I need some for her. There was a murder and we need her resources, so we need her happy.” I said, hoping he would agree.

 

“Fine, but on one condition.”

 

“Name it.” 

 

“I want you to ask her how she was able to initiate this one position-”

 

“Okay, nope. I don’t want to hear anymore about your old people orgy.”

 

“Then no deal.”

 

“Okay, what is it?” I said wishing that I was dead the whole time I heard him explain in grotesque detail about his experience and wanting her to do it for him again along with a fancy dinner before. I wasn’t actually going to ask her. Instead I was just going to tell her that he wanted to go out and to go see him while wearing something nice. The rest would be up to him because I didn’t want to repeat the horrors he spoke of.

 

After he finished he walked over to the wall on my left and with a wave of his hand a doorway appeared. He walked through it and after a few minutes came back with a wooden case. I wasn’t sure what to think of this revelation. To be frank I thought that this room was his whole place.

 

“Iscarat? How big is this place?” I asked.

 

“As big as I want it to be. There are hundreds of rooms I can make with their own purpose but I usually just stay here. I do have several greenhouses though and plenty of storerooms so I could live in this place for eternity without any worries with whoever I want.” He stated. I was shocked.

 

“That is awesome. You should put a waterpark in here.”

 

“A waterpark?” he said, a little stumped by my words.

 

“It’s a place that was invented in the future. It has slides that use water and several pools that are heated for people to play in. it’s a lot of fun and relaxing.” I explained.

 

“Hmm. I’ll have to try that soon. I could use a good swim now that I have a young body.”

 

“You wouldn’t happen to have a hot spring bath in there, would you?”

 

“I do.”

 

“Could I use it at some point?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Thanks.” I said. He handed me the wooden case and we shook hands before I was let out. When I did step out the door the burly man from earlier and who I assumed was his wife and children were standing outside the door wide eyed. They didn’t say a word as we stared at each other. I didn’t know what to say and apparently neither did they. 

 

“I got to speak to the wizard in your door so thank you.” I said to break the silence but they just stared at me like I was a ghost. “Well, I best be off.” I said as I started down the stairs. As I started down them I heard the Burly man say “okay, if you all saw that then I want you to think from now on that that was a fever dream. Okay? It never happened.”

9