Beginnings – Part Fifty-Nine
166 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that I think about it properly didn’t he kill Isebell and didn’t he want to kill me as revenge for the changelings I killed? It was like talking to a completely different person. Either it was desperate or playing me for a fool. That didn’t matter though because now I had some idea of when the next murder was gonna happen. I will play my part for now even if I am the fool.

 

I finished my fish n’ chips and waded through the rain back to the apartment. Not to my surprise I found Scott asleep on the couch with a book covering his face. I didn’t really care though, I was too wet to do anything except change so I left him be. I had all but my pants off when Elysif burst through the door also soaking wet.

 

“Did you forget an umbrella too?” I asked as she walked in.

 

“Yes, now get me a towel before I flood the floor.” She replied in a snappy tone. I abliged her and threw her a towel.

 

“Did he just fall asleep?” she asked as she started to dry herself off.

 

“I don’t know. He was out when I got here.”

 

“Well then, he’s gonna have to say goodbye to his right nipple later.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s nothing. Did you find out anything?”

 

“I met the changeling.”

 

“Wait, you met him?”

 

“Yes, and he wants us to stop him as well as his employer.”

 

“Employer?”

 

“Ya, he’s some kind of mercenary but he is being forced to do this job by the Masked man.”

 

“Well that’s pretty interesting. I was given a note that was stuffed under the victems dress button. It said: The Masked One seeks anew and the Changed one seeks revenge. Either the Masked man put this there or the Changeling did it.”

 

“I still can’t believe that what Mordred said wasn’t all bullshit.”

 

“I still think that the Masked man has long been dead but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. He could be like Merlin.”

 

“True, but what do you think we should do about the changeling.”

 

“I don’t know. It would have been simpler if you had brought him in when you saw him rather than being an idiot and doing what he said. That said I don’t know the context of what transpired between you so I will not judge you for your decision until we know what you did was stupid.”

 

“...”

 

“He told me that his next victim would be killed in less than a week on Hanbury Street. We should stake it out.”

 

“Mama Louise could help us out with that and we can stay spread out along Hanbury Street in preparation for the attack.”

 

“If only we knew the exact day he was planning it.”

 

“Well we have to work with what we have.”

 

“Since the Masked man is supposedly part of this we should contact the Agency. Did you get your messenger bird yet?”

 

“Not yet.”

 

“Then that message will have to wait unless we could get Iscarat to get a message there. I don’t know how he gets our messages to them but it works.”

 

“Alright then when the rain lets up we’ll let them know.”

 

“We are not going to do that.” Scott said groggily as he sat up from the couch.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because if we did then Mordred would show up with an army.

8