Beginnings – Part Sixty
160 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“An army? Why?” I asked. Scott stared back at me like I was stupid for asking that.

 

“She has a vendetta with the Masked man. If we told her that he was here then she would have every agent in the world come here to try and kill him. That’s the reason I didn’t say anything the last time we saw him. Merlin would try and stop her but it wouldn’t do any good.”

 

“That does make a lot of sense. She seemed a bit on edge when talking about him when we were at the Agency.” Elysif added.

 

“What I don’t understand is why last time we saw him he was chasing after the changeling after saving us. If he wanted to cause chaos like you said then why save us? We are the only agents in London and because of that if we were gone then every hostile creature here would rise up. There would be anarchy in the streets. London is a big place and we can’t be everywhere at once so our friends help keep the peace but even they can’t keep everything safe if people start a rebellion against the Agency.”

 

“That does create a hole in his story. What could they really be planning though? When he talked to me he was very convincing.”

 

“It could be that you were tricked. He saw you and recognized that you were an agent from last time and decided it would be best to trick you and leave safely after feeding you a few lies mixed with the truth.”

 

“That could be it but I was the one who initiated the conversation because he was pretending to be someone I had met and had helped me before.”

 

“Even more so for him to trick you. If you knew the person he was impersonating then he couldn’t hide that he was a changeling. They can copy a person's body but not their mind, so they can’t always keep up appearances. That is usually why when a changeling kills someone and takes their place they leave for someplace else away from people they may know.”

 

“Okay, then what do we do?” I asked.

 

“We play along whilst setting a trap. Lou will watch Hanbury Street with some shadows we can borrow from Mama Louise. Elysif will go with Iscarat and watch the buildings from above for suspicious activity. I on the other hand will go dig up some dirt from the underworld on this changeling and see if any news about where else he could be on the off chance he wants us on Hanbury Street so we’re away from where he really is.”

 

“I don’t see how I’ll be able to do much when it comes to surveillance. What do you want me to do?”

 

“Use a familiar to watch things through.”

 

“But I can only create one of those at a time with my capabilities.”

 

“That is true. Under normal circumstances you could only create one before you’re burnt out, however with Iscarat’s magic you can make over a hundred. You see part of his dimensional magic is that he can make copies of anything but with normal copies you would still have to have the magic power to control it right?”

 

“Right”

 

“Well, in Iscarat’s case he actually creates copies that rely on each other. For example, if he creates two copies of your familiar and then creates two more copies of each of them, as long as the original exists it can function without extra magic. He however needs the magic power to make the copies so you’ll be limited to around a hundred.”

 

“A Hundred?!?” Elysif said, shocked by the sheer amount of power that would require under normal circumstances.

 

“Yes, that should be enough to cover at least half of London.”

 

“That’s still an insane amount.”

 

“I know, but you can do it.”

 

“Okay, then we have a plan.” I said. We split off for a little bit as Elysif went to Iscarat’s, I talked to Mama Louise, and Scott disappeared to get information. There isn’t much else to add except Mama Louise was at Iscarat’s at the time that Elysif arrived and I was on my way to meet her. Elysif was greeted by an almost bare Iscarat who asked if she could come back later while I was greeted with an apology that Mama Louise was out at the moment.

 

I realized what was going on so I attempted to get to Iscarat’s before Elysif saw anything but I didn’t. I found Elysif huddled in the corner by Iscarat’s door. She was beet red and didn’t want to go inside so I had to drag her in kicking and yelling after Iscarat opened the door now clothed. He was a little embarrassed by the situation but Mama Louise was prideful about it for some reason. Iscarat didn’t mind his own embarrassment though because of the embarrassment he caused Elysif.

8