Beginning Of The End – Part 028
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You should probably take this with you. It’s a device that lets you speak with someone else who has the other device using magic. Now the next train heading towards Bakewell is in an hour or two so please get ready.” Mordred said.

“Thank you.” Silva said with glee. I couldn’t see what it was or what exactly was going on but I assumed that Mordred gave her something. After that, I heard the sound of the doorway opening and shutting again.

“Lily, I need you to come out and follow the girl that is with Director Langston.” I said into the pendant with a hushed tone.

“Of course.” Lily said as she appeared out of the pendant.

As soon as she was out of the pendant I disappeared inside the pendant Lily carried it with her as she flew after them. Following them through the Agency to her room where she packed up some things including a silver rapier and enough clothes for a week. After half an hour she left with Director Langston to go to the train station. Lily did her best to follow her until she got on the train. I didn’t have any money so I had Lily sneak on. Once she had found a spot that I could appear from she disappeared inside the pendant while I got out.

Leaving my sword inside the pendant out of the fear that it might attract too much attention I went through the train until I saw Silva. She was sitting in a window seat near the front of the train car with her luggage above her. Knowing it wouldn’t be a good idea to show myself, I found a seat away from her sight. Even if she were to look around she wouldn’t see me. However, if she were to come towards me then I would need to disappear inside the pendant for a bit.

Since it was such a long train ride I decided to steal some food for myself. Don’t judge me. I was hungry and I have no money. Plus, I am trying to stop an evil wizard so it is for a greater cause. That said, I could have asked someone inside the pendant to prepare me something. I don’t think that they would be happy about it though. Their food is limited and with me traveling around so much they have had to rely on it more often than they should.

Once the train arrived in Bakewell I followed Silva from a distance through the town. Old two-story stone cottages lined the streets with quite a few people passing by. Silva walked past several shops whose windows lit up the street as she walked. Unlike London, this place looked fairly nice. There weren’t too many people and the ones we did see looked like they had their life together.

Passing by the various shops, Silva didn’t seem interested in any of them. Instead, she went past them until she arrived at a small inn. Like before I commissioned Lily to sneak us inside and follow her. The inside of the building was like that of a pub which made the barkeep not exactly happy to see a child walking in.

“I’d like a room.” Silva said to the barkeep.

“Sorry kid but where’s your ma and pa?” the barkeep asked.

“I don’t think you’ll need to talk to them. This should work just as well.” Silva said as she placed a three-star badge on the counter.

“Of course, I see. Third room at the top of the stairs.” the barkeep said with a disturbed sigh.

“Thank you.” Silva replied before walking up the stairs to the room.

As soon as she was safely inside the room she let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t seem to think that that would have worked. However, since it did she couldn’t help but feel relieved. She began unpacking her bag as well as getting her rapier out just in case. As she did she heard something move from behind her. The room itself contained nothing more than a bed, nightstand, and several candles so there wasn’t much for anyone to hide behind. That said, she knew of various creatures that could hide in plain sight so she drew her rapier.

Lily stood behind the nightstand quivering in fear. She didn’t mean to make any noise but it wasn’t technically her fault. She had tripped on a piece of the floorboard that had been sticking up and ended up dropping the pendant. Following her accident, she heard the sound of a sword being removed from its scabbard. It had a very distinct sound that she had come to recognize after being around Lou for so long.

“Lily, go and help her. I’ll step in if things go bad. Just set the pendant somewhere where I will be able to see the room.” I said quietly.

“... okay.” Lily agreed hesitantly before setting the pendant down at the edge of the nightstand and walking out from her hiding place.

Silva looked surprised by Lily showing herself but didn’t bother to let her guard down. Her rapier was actually moved towards Lily in a defensive position. “Who are you? Did Mordred send you?” Silva asked.

“My name is Lily. I was not sent by your mother but my master has requested that I help you.” Lily stated with a somewhat scared tone as she grew into her human size.

“How did you know that Mordred was my mother?” Silva asked threateningly.

“Uh… my master told me.” Lily lied as she didn’t want to say that she had been following her since Warwick.

“And who is your master?” Silva asked.

1