The Last Act – Part 011
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After coming to terms with the fact that I just destroyed an entire universe’s earth on accident I started looking for the next one. However, I found that every time a version of myself died their memories would flow into me. This gave me an idea that I was pretty sure could work. In the same way that Tim had given Silva my memories and Freya was given Merlin’s memories, I would give this version of myself the memories of myself up until the point that I became the new Time god.

Like before, Lou Barret sat on the park bench before suddenly grabbing his head and clenching his teeth in pain. The amount of information given wasn’t enough to make him fall over foaming at the mouth like the others. Instead, he slowly regained his composure and returned to his original state.

Rather than calling anyone out of the pendant he stood up and walked up to the two men standing guard outside of the secret door of Warwick Castle. Like before they pointed their lamberts at him. However, before they could say anything he snapped their halberts and punched each of them in the gut so hard that they passed out. Walking inside, Lou called out to those in the pendant.

“I need everyone who is capable of it to keep Scott still long enough for me to disable his runes. After that, we’ll get Silva and take care of Merlin.” Lou said.

“Why are you fighting Scott?” Elysif asked from inside the pendant.

“I was given information about the future. In that future I kill Scott and all of you die quick deaths. That’s not a future I can allow.” Lou said as he entered the circular room.

“Alright. We trust you.” Elysif said from within the pendant.

“Come on out you drunk bastard! I know you want to fight me.” Lou yelled. The sound of his voice echoed through the corridors followed by the echo of Scott’s shoes heading towards him.

“You finally showed up? About time.” Scott said as he entered the circular room from one of the corridors with a carefree swagger. Before he could get another word out I charged him whilst drawing my sword. The speed of Lou’s attack without a hint of mercy caught him off guard. However, before he had time to react to it, strings of blood wove around him and held him in place just long enough for me to tap one of his runes. My sword absorbed it before he had time to activate them.

“What the hell did you just do to me?” Scott asked with an angry glare.

“I removed the runes covering your body. You’re finally free.” Lou said before slamming the pommel of his sword into Scott’s head. Knocking him out and putting him inside the pendant. Now that Scott had been taken care of Lou walked over to the prison and released Silva from her cell.

“Lou! What are you doing here?” She asked with a surprised tone.

“I’m getting you out of here. Scott is already inside the pendant though I knocked him out so he’ll probably be pissed when he gets up.” Lou replied. She listened and disappeared within the pendant without another word.

Running back out of the castle Lou made his way to the inner court of the castle. Like the last two times, both Merlin and Director Langston were standing in the middle of the ritual site. As Lou made his way towards the inner court several agents hopped down to stop him. Their attempts were noble but they were easily knocked out by Medea and Elysif’s blood before they had a chance to make their move.

“Ah, Lou Barret. I see that you’re here early. Did Scott not give you enough of a fight?” Merlin asked as Lou approached.

“I’m actually running a bit late. Scott’s been saved and is quite alive along with Silva.” Lou said before the blue-ish black mist formed around him. Covering the distance between him and Merlin in less than a second He swung his sword at him. Merlin reacted rather quickly and held out a knife which he was originally going to use on himself to start the ritual. Blocking Lou’s sword he used the force of the impact to send him flying back in order to put some distance between them.

As soon as he landed a barrier of swords shot out of the ground, protecting him from the near-instant attack from Lou that came next. Director Langston attempted to attack Lou only to get stabbed in the chest without remorse before he could actually do anything. Lou attacked the barrier with everything he had but it wouldn’t. Holding the blade out he focused all of his rage into it. A white light glowed at the tip of the blade and out shot a beam of pure energy into the barrier.

The barrier shattered to pieces along with part of the castle behind it. Strangely, Merlin wasn’t inside the barrier. Looking around Lou began acting frantic before he felt a sharp pain in his back. A blade had appeared out of the ground and stabbed him at an angle through the back. It pierced his heart and the pendant as well with a shlop and a crack. Merlin appeared out of the ground behind him with a smile on his face.

“Damn you!” Lou yelled angrily between gasps of air. Grabbing Director Langston’s rapier from the ground, Merlin stabbed Lou in the throat. The rapier set him ablaze with a scream.

1