[ Arc 01 ][ 10 ] Situation
358 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don’t know how long it’s been, but the next time I woke up, I found myself lying on a comfortable bed. That’s what I thought at first when I groggily opened my eyes and glanced around. When I finally woke up and saw what looked like a wall of straw around me, I realised I was lying inside a basket with warm comfortable bedding.

“So… it really wasn’t a nightmare…” I muttered, making whining sounds with my mouth. “I’m now a rabbit; not a human anymore.”

I sighed and thought back to the events that lead me to transforming into a rabbit. It was right after stealing the purse of that cute looking woman that she somehow tracked me down and attacked me with this magical thing, killing me. Well, it was supposed to have killed me, but then again, here I am; alive and well.

“Well…” I muttered wearily. “I can’t really say I’m doing well in my current state.”

It’s still troubling me to think that I had become a rabbit, but it made me conjure up a lot of questions. Like, how am I still alive, why did I become a rabbit, and what is my fate from here on? Do I have the lead the life of a rabbit like all those wild rabbits that people kill and eat for dinner?

I shudder at the thought of me becoming food, but then I relaxed as I felt that I wasn’t in any imminent danger. If I had been in danger, I would’ve been killed again, and my meat would’ve been cooked and eaten by now. Well, maybe not many hours had passed since I was put to sleep.

“That’s right! The woman!” I exclaimed.

My thoughts finally shifted to the young woman that killed me, who probably is also the one that revived me as a rabbit and most likely put me to sleep when I went mental earlier. Still, why did she revive me? Is she going to do something to me? Humiliate me? Torture me? Make me suffer far more than being killed without even being looked at?

I could still remember how I was killed without her even looking at me. The moment that magical circle appeared, she just shot me without hesitation. Then she walked out of it and seemed to disinterested in me that it made me become very angry. Still, here I am, revived and possibly in a comfortable position than I previous was in.

Sighing to myself, I glanced around the room. It was a well-lit room, with the sunlight streaming through the windows. It felt a little warm even though it was supposed to be winter, but maybe that’s due to my fur providing the warmness. Kind of convenient if I actually think about it.

“Dammit! I’m already getting accustomed to my new life!” I complained, making whining sounds.

“Mmm?”

It was then that I heard a voice moan softly from the side. I turned my attention and saw a bed positioned there, making me think that I was possibly in someone’s bedroom. From the familiarity I heard in the voice, I guessed it was probably the woman’s room and that she was the one sleeping on the bed.

I tried to move from my position, but I realised that, as a rabbit, my hands and feet work differently to that of a human. My first problem was to move, and it took me a few seconds to figure out the movement in my legs before I leaped out of the basket.

“Yes! I did it!” I said and whined happily.

Then I instantly groaned as I realised how stupid I was to feel happy from something so silly. Well, if anyone was in my position, they’d have understood how difficult it was to be a rabbit. I mean, the sensation in my hands, my feet, and my head feels so different. My body feels more agile, but I feel as though that if I jumped too much, I might shoot upwards and smash into the ceiling.

“I don’t need to embarrass myself any more than I already have,” I thought, realising how losing my mind over me discovering my rebirth in the body of a rabbit turned out as.

Anyway, I focused on the bed, leapt into the air and moved forward. Like that, I kept moving towards the bed gradually while being careful not to jump too high. As a human, I knew rabbits can jump high and are very agile, but as a rabbit, I have absolutely no idea what my upper limit was. So, I solely moved towards the bed and reached right at the edge.

I looked up at the tall bed that I now have to leap at. If I was still a human, I would casually walk and sit down on it, but as a rabbit, I’m finding the difficulty of what it means to be an animal. Damn. What has my life become?

Groaning, I posited myself in a ready position to jump into the air. I closed my eyes and versioned myself jumping into the air like I normally did in my human form. Then I opened my eyes and looked up at the spot that I was aiming at and leaped into the air.

“Woah crap!” I shouted in shock as I shock up at an incredible speed.

I was taken by surprise when I jumped into the air and soared straight up to the ceiling. With nothing to stop me, I smashed head first into the ceiling and subsequently got stuck there. At the same time, the sound of the crash woke the woman, causing her to sit upright and look up at the ceiling in shock.

“Oh no!” I heard her exclaim.

I could feel myself being unable to breathe as my body was wedged into the ceiling. While I did struggle and desperate tried to scrape at the wall with my fluffy hands, it made no difference. I was suffocating, and I realised that I was going to die.

“Dammit! Not again!” I thought, desperately trying to somehow get myself out of that jam.

Luckily, I felt a strange sensation around my body before I somehow appeared hovering in front of the woman. Then I fell, and she caught me easily in her hands and lowered her face to look worriedly at me.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt? Let me heal you just in case!”

That’s what she said, and I blinked at her in confusion as I was riddled with more questions like why was she worried about me, and what was this healing she was talking about?

I soon found out when my body began to glow in a strange green light, and I felt a strange sensation running throughout my body. The pain I felt when I was stuck in the wall was slowly subsiding, which surprised me because I had never felt this kind of thing before. I looked up at her and saw that she was looking at me with a sincere worried look on her face.

Well, that’s what I thought, but then again, I reasoned that maybe this was all a trick to confuse me, and then lure me into a false sense of security and spring a trap on me. Okay. That is perhaps farfetched, but It goes without saying that I don’t trust this woman. At the same time, I wondered what her agenda was in reviving me and keeping me alive like this.

“There,” she finally said nearly a minute later. “You should be feeling better now. Are you?”

She asked curiously at the thought that she might’ve forgotten to fully heal me. So, I nodded at her, and the woman became very happy to see my response.

“I’m so glad!” She exclaimed, and grabbed me and pressed me into her chest.

With my face pressed at chest, I began to suffocate and felt like I was going to die. I struggled for a moment before managing to squeeze my neck upward and took great lungful of air. Then I gave the woman an annoyed look because I nearly died a second time on that day.

“Do be careful, woman!” I complained in an annoyed voice.

Naturally, my words didn’t make it through and instead, I made whimpering and whining sounds. She became curious by my sounds and held me away to tilt her head and look curiously at me. When she did that, I had to admit that she appeared cute again.

“What is it? Are you perhaps hungry?” She asked me curiously.

“Huh?” I asked, blinking in surprised.

She probably took my sounds to mean that I agreed to her, because she suddenly smiled and said, “Alright! Let’s eat!”

“Wait. I’m not hungry!” I tried to say, but I only made whining sounds instead.

“Alright. Alright. I’m going,” she said cheerfully, assuming that I probably pestered her, making me feel complicated about the whole situation.

The woman, whose name I have yet to find out, pulled away the covers and revealed that she had been sleeping with nothing but her underwear. I was shocked, and I tired to struggle away, but her grip was firm, and she kept smiling at me.

“Dammit, woman! Hide your assets!” I complained, closing my eyes and looking away.

Unfortunately, communication was one thing I truly sucked at because I had no idea how to overcome that barrier. Can rabbits even have the ability to speak? I assumed they’d need some special vocal cords that only humans have, which made me feeling hopeless at my situation.

As I tried to avoid looking at her naked body while she carried me away, I glanced up at the ceiling and saw the hole I made in it. I was amazed by it and wondered whether all rabbits had that kind of jumping power, or was I just a special case? Well, with no way to communicate, I won’t figure anything out on my own.

So, I remained silent as the woman put me down on the bed and walked over to a wardrobe to pull out a robe that she wrapped around herself and tied in the middle. I swear I was looking away with all my might from the sight of her naked body, but if I had to honestly admit, I did take peaks at her before turning away.

“I may have turned into a rabbit, but I’m still a healthy male on the inside!” I thought firmly.

“Okay,” she said, and I turned to see her beautiful frame covered by the white robe.

She walked over and picked me up in her arms and walked out of the room towards the dining room. While going between the rooms, I found out that it was a spacious house or wherever she stayed at and automatically assumed that she was probably rich. I mean, the floor was clean, the furniture looked extravagant, and the displays had a rich look to them, so it’s easy to make such an assumption.

That’s how we arrived at the dining room, and she began force feeding me carrots much to my distaste.

5