Making a choice
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

/system starting, choose class/

As that voice rings, my surroundings change. The sofa disappeared, along with everything else, and I was now in an unknown space. The floor was pitch black, so dark that I Could only tell it was there from the ice-cold touch on my bare feet. The sky was dark blue that felt like it was glowing, the distance felt nearly distorted.

"Wh-what just happened" I expressed my shock. I started glancing ferociously in every direction attempting to figure out what was happening, while thousands of thoughts bombarded me.

'Am I dreaming' 'Is it brain damage?' A VR experiment?''. Reigning myself in and clearing my head, I closed my eyes and started to build a picture of what had happened.

'I can't be dreaming, my dreams have never been this vivid before' I thought.

'I don't think brain damage can occur from nothing, and I probably wouldn't be conscious if it were something drastic'

'This being a Vr test is just stupid, getting testing for something like that would be easy anyway'

'So this might be real, which would mean that- wait choose class…  is this like, that?'

Having come to a conclusion I snapped my eyes open and then opened my mouth to speak, but got distracted by a completely motionless, human figure in the distance. Thinking for a split second, I hesitantly started walking towards the figure. Getting closer, I could focus on their appearance. They were tall, probably around 200cm, male, slightly plump, semi-long black hair, standing with their arms down against their sides. Still moving forward I realised who it was, it was me, completely naked, my brown eyes hollowed, gazing at nothingness. Looking at me like this was creepy but also made me cringe slightly. I don't like seeing myself without glasses, and the expression wasn't flattering, but what hurt me the most was looking at how much I had let myself go, all that muscle I had built was gone a long time ago. Moving past that, I started circling the 'me', before remembering my original idea.

"choose class," I announced, though it felt nearly childish to say, the feeling dissipated as something like a computer window opened up in front of me. On it stood

/CHOOSE YOUR CLASS/

/Martial artist/

/Elemental mage/

/Shield wielder/

/Dark artist/

Ect

I immediately started reading and contemplating the list, but as I got further it turned into skimming. After I read maybe 30, the list ended, but as though reading my mind, the list of classes 'scrolled' down showing another 30. My heart started racing, 'this means that I'm in a fantasy world, right?'. A large smile started growing fast on my face at the idea but disappeared immediately after. My parents, My brother, My friends, everyone, wouldn't that mean I'd never see them again? A knot started tying itself around my heart, but was loosened after some reasoning,' there's no way of knowing anything for sure right now, so I shouldn't come to any conclusions yet. My previous excitement returned, and I continued skimming the classes. "Isn't there a druid class?" I muttered during my skimming, and then the image on the screen changed to show the 'druid class'. Using this newfound knowledge, and that I could gain a basic description of the classes if I asked for "class description", I built a group of classes to choose from.

Druid

Druids are magic users, able to create and control vegetation.

A druid's spells vastly change in potency, depending on the spell's location.

Mana stats increase faster than others.

Martial artist

Martial artists are close-quarters experts, having access to a large number of class skills.

A martial artist's class skills require you to be weaponless.

Strength and agility stats increase a lot faster than other stats.

Mage

Mages are magic users, able to use most forms of magic.

Using spells as a Mage is harder than for other magic users.

Intelligence stats increase a bit faster than other stats.

Dark artist

Dark artists are magic users, able to cast forbidden and evil spells.

Healing magic has no effect on dark artists, and they are counted as evil beings.

Mana stats increase at a bit faster rate than other stats.

Summoner

Summoners are magic users, able to create summons from mana that they control.

summons are not sentient, and only follow the direct orders of their summoner.

Intelligence and mana stats increase at a faster rate than other stats.

Strength and agility stats increase at a slower rate than other stats

Beast tamer

Beast tamers are able to tame monsters to fight for them

Tamed monsters share XP with their beat tamer and the beast tamer decides the amount shared.

You can't replace a dead tamed beast.

XP increases at a slightly slower rate than average.

Scholar

Scholars have a large and extensive catalogue of information and receive answers to nearly all questions they might ask.

All stats increase at a slightly slower rate than average.

After creating my pool of choices I stood there in contemplation for a while.

Frankly, the martial artist would be good for me, since I used to practice a martial art, but if I have to be honest, when likened to being able to use literal magic, it seems to fall into the more, well uninteresting side.

Mage sounders really interesting, but from the way it's worded, I would have to rely on others while casting, and spells might be more unstable, which seems dangerous.

Dark artist sounds cool in concept, but I'm worried about the whole evil thing.

Scholar sounds like something that would come in very handy, but also that they're weak fighting, and I'd say it's safe to assume that there will be a lot of fighting. So that left summoner and beast tamer. What I could understand from summoner is that a summon acts mechanically, so orders can't be fluid, and they wouldn't be able to react to complicated scenarios, but I wouldn't have to worry about the summon dying. If I was a beast tamer on the other hand hand, the tamed beast would be able to react and follow orders to their logical conclusions, but there would be a need to worry about their safety too. After pondering for a while, I concluded that beast tamer would be the best since, not only would it mean I could have something like a mount, but also that I could have multiple things occurring at the same time, and frankly, the idea of not being able to go into strength and agility would be a shame.

After confirming with myself that this was what I wanted I opened my mouth

"Beast tamer"

/chosen class: beast tamer/

That mechanical voice rings over.

With that, the world changed again and I was sitting back on the sofa.

0