Chapter 7 – Crazy?
832 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 - Crazy?

A black flash, something that was like the critical hit of Jujutsu Kaisen. Something that was quite crucial, because when a Jujutsu Sorcerer experiences a black flash, their understanding of cursed energy itself experiences a metamorphosis. The difference between someone who experienced black flash and someone who didn't was like heaven and earth.

Heaven and earth? Fuck, he was concussed enough to even start thinking of things in xianxia terms! Had his brain been damaged enough that his IQ dropped to single digits?

The cursed spirit soared away like a bullet, crashing against the dark edge of her domain, similar to how Shinso had previously crashed into the wall. However, there were no cracks in the barrier.

Despite his painful injuries, his hazy mind, and the feeling that he was about to pass out, Shinso had never felt more clear-headed and sure of himself. It was as if he had entered the 'zone,' as some athletes called it.

The cursed spirit struggled to stand up, her legs buckling as her face reattached and healed. Before Shinso could take another step, Gojo appeared beside him and said, "You did pretty well, but you're not yet prepared for domain battles. Domains have a guaranteed hit effect, and the reason you haven't been affected by it is likely due to some specific rules."

Shinso shot a glare at Gojo, causing the teacher to chuckle and step back. "I prefer this concussed version of you. Anyway, let me teach you about domains. The best way to counter them is to possess a more refined domain than your opponent."

Shinso was in no mood to respond to Gojo's words, so the white-haired teacher pulled down his blindfold and began, "Domain Expansion: Infinite-"

Gojo's words were cut short as cracks propagated through the cursed spirit's domain barrier, causing it to shatter. The 'greatest' teacher's eyes widened, slowly giving way to a smile. "Hah, amazing! It looks like your cursed technique works more effectively when it strikes with a black flash. It amplified the weakening effect and depleted her cursed energy, making it impossible for her to maintain the domain. With her domain down, she can't use her cursed technique for a while, and the weakening effect lingers. This is your best chance to exorcize her."

Shinso was too exhausted to comprehend Gojo's explanation fully, but one thing was clear in his mind: he was determined to vanquish that cursed spirit. He could still feel his cracked ribs, injured hands, maimed leg, and the taste of blood in his mouth.

"I will kill you," Shinso muttered. His hatred was the only thing keeping him upright.

He might be an ordinary man, but it was only natural to want to kill someone after they put you through such pain. At least that's how he rationalized it in his dizzy state of mind.

With unsteady steps, he began to advance toward the cursed spirit, who took a cautious step back. Was she afraid? It was absurd to think that something born of fear itself could experience such emotions.

As he took his second step, Shinso stumbled but managed to keep himself from falling. Regardless of his injuries, he was determined to end the cursed spirit's existence.

"Need some healing? It's called a Reverse Cursed Technique. While it's not my specialty, Shoko's more skilled in healing others. I could give it a shot," Gojo offered, a mischievous glint in his eye. It seemed like he was expecting something. "Also, I have your sword here. Your cursed technique weakens your foes, but it doesn't diminish their durability."

"No, I don't need healing. Or the damn sword," Shinso grumbled. "When you stopped the cursed spirit from killing me, you intervened in our fight!"

'What am I even saying?' Shinso wondered, but unlike when he was in good shape, his concussed brain didn't consider the consequences of his actions.

He didn't care anymore; he just wanted to sleep, but the rage coursing through his body wouldn't subside until he'd dealt with the cursed spirit who had done this to him.

In a world where the insane thrive, he had to be just as insane to be strong here.

He stumbled every few steps, nearly falling face-first to the ground multiple times. However, Shinso managed to reach the cursed spirit before she could heal herself and landed a fierce punch on her face. She fell to the ground, and he climbed on top of her, delivering a relentless flurry of punches, each faster than the last.

It was a brutal attack, resembling the instinctive ferocity of a wild animal rather than a human. When his fists alone couldn't do enough damage, Shinso resorted to pushing his fingers through the gaping holes where her eyes once were. The cursed spirit attempted to retaliate, scratching him with middling success, but she no longer had the strength to stop him.

By the time he was done, the cursed spirit's head was nothing more than a bloody pulp, and Shinso's fists were raw. A primal roar erupted from Shinso's throat, "Yeah!"

He momentarily forgot about his injuries and the cursed spirit beneath him. Standing up felt like moving a mountain. There was a dripping sound, the result of his blood-covered fists.

He tried to walk away, but the pain was too much. Darkness crept into the corners of his vision, and he felt himself about to pass out when a hand touched the back of his head.

What? Was it an enemy?

Shinso's body tensed, but he realized it was likely Gojo, and the tension dissolved.

Yes, he could pass out now.

But before the sweet relief of sleep could claim him, he felt like he'd been plunged into a cold stream, and his tired mind immediately rejuvenated, the pain around his body vanishing. Shinso examined his injuries and saw his flesh mending itself, almost as if by magic.

"Good, you're awake," Gojo's voice brought him back to reality.

"What the hell did I just do?" Shinso hurriedly got up. "I acted like a damn lunatic!"

Why hadn't he accepted the sword and healing when Gojo had offered them? Who did he think he was, some kind of shounen protagonist? Besides, fighting fair? This was the same place where most high-level battles involved someone getting jumped by two opponents!

"Nice, not a scar in sight. I've never tried healing such severe injuries on someone else. But, as they say, the first time's the charm," Gojo said and grabbed him like a cat, causing him to float next to him. "Come on, we need to go. This has been quite the incredible surprise."

By now, Shinso had learned to ignore Gojo's comments and instead checked his status page.

Name: Shinso Masou
Age: 15

Cursed Energy Reserves: 133/203 → 333 (Grade 4 Sorcerer)

Strength 10/100
Agility 10/100
Endurance 9/100
Perception 15 → 32 /100
Cursed Energy Output 17 → 30 /100

Skills:
Sorcery (E → C-)
Cursed Energy Manipulation (D- → B-)

Innate Cursed Technique:
Cursed Game

After we walked out, the curtain fell and the bright sunlight shined on Shinso's face while Gojo levitated him around. Which was actually pretty cool, so he wasn’t complaining.

“Now, what did we learn today?” Gojo asked.

“That you are an asshole and a lousy teacher?”

“Oy, you didn’t even hesitate,” he pouted, but his ‘sadness’ didn’t last for long as he waved at Ijichi. “Yo! Ijichi!”

When he saw me, Ijichi breathed a sigh of relief, “Thank the Gods he is alive.”

What was up with that? Shinso wondered and sent his teacher a suspicious look. “Why did you even bring me here to fight a special grade?”

“Well, you were supposed to get beaten down. Then I would heal you, and encourage you to fight again, again, and again. That was supposed to be a lesson about how jujutsu sorcerers need to be crazy, but the strongest ones need to be even crazier.” Gojo spilled the beans, with a shameless smile on his face. “After all, you were just a normal high schooler, who joined this crazy side of the world and your parents were killed by curses. Normally, someone like that would be terrified of curses.”

Gojo chuckled and continued explaining, “But you turned out way crazier than I ever expected. You weren’t just crazy, you were super crazy! I mean, punching a special-grade cursed spirit to death? What the hell?”

“I know,” Shinso grumbled and covered his face with his hand.

“No need to be embarrassed. I did something similar in my younger days, but I went on full-blown maniacal laughter,” Gojo reassured him. But it had the opposite effect and Shinso looked like he had swallowed a lemon, causing the stronger sorcerer to frown. “What’s with that look?”

“I don’t want to be like you.”

“Hey, that’s actually hurtful. I see you as a younger and shittier version of myself, and that’s a compliment.”

Shinso took a deep breath and didn’t rise to the bait. He knew Gojo was just saying that to annoy him, and he wasn’t going to fall for it.

“Also, why wouldn’t you want to be like me? I’m super awesome.”

“You’re a thirty-year-old who looks like he’s eighteen and acts like he’s five.”

“Hey, I’m not thirty! I’m only twenty-seven!”

Yes, this was the strongest sorcerer of the modern age. This was Jujutsu Kaisen, where crazy won.

14