Chapter 9 – The Spy
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 – The Spy

 

[Alvern]

I got the news from Zexalone. A drug huh? I wonder if it’s already spread into the nobles. I should check this out.

….

I go to my workshop. Then I open my note.

Looking through the list,

“Sigh~”

I wonder if I can try to infiltrate the nobles. I mean, in order to see how things there.

“Maybe I should ask this person”

I ended up found a noble that might can help me. Since this person often comes here lately.

‘Mewny Cheslan’

….

As you know, we met at the village when we try to keep an eye on a party. She is one of the member of that party. She bought supplies from me before, and after that, she keeps coming to my shop to buy things.

“Hi mister, I wanna buy mana potion again”

She comes. Nice, let’s see if I can ask her to help me.

“Hi, again? Same stuff as usual.”

“Yeah, the life of priest.”

“Alright, let me get it for you”

As I walk into the mana potion corner, I ask her.

“Hey, umm… Miss?” As I take some mana potion, and put it into a box.

“Yes?”

I think, let’s ask to the point.

“Can you help me to investigate the rumors?”

“Rumors?”

“Yes”

As I put the potion into the box. I give her a piece of paper that I prepared.

“Ahh, this rumor. I want to know it too to be honest”

“Oh yeah? I guess I can count on you then”

On the paper, I ask her if I can work as a waiter or something in nobles house or area that usually nobles gathering.

“But, I can’t help you”

“Why?”

“I don’t have an authority to hire worker, especially if they do not know you”

“Please, can you do something about it?”

“I can’t, and why you need to investigate this rumors in the first place?”

Urk, I forgot to prepare a reason about that.

“Uhh.. I am…” My voice is shaking.

What should I say?

“I will allow him to work as a maid”

“”Huh??”” Me and Mewny (or should I say miss Mewny?) shout together.

She is Momo. She comes in her teenager form. Why is she here?

“I know that you will need to investigate in the nobles area. But, I can’t let you to be known”

I know that, but as a maid? You mean butler right?

“As a butler right?” I tried to make sure I did not misheard.

“As a maid.”

“…” I can’t say anything.

“How can you turn him into a maid? And, who are you?” Said Mewny (I decide to use Mewny for easy calling)

“Simple, I know a magic that can change person gender for a while”

“No, you are lying, even if you can do it. You must be a least a master to be able to do that”

“I am the master. Come here, I’ll show you”

“Wait, wait, wait!!!” I stopped Momo before she walks into my workshop.

“Where are you going?”

“Where? Into your workshop.”

“I wanna see Mr Alvern’s workshop too” Said Cheslan while happily following Momo.

“No, no, no, no” I am still trying to stop them.

“Hmm?” Momo snugged,

“W-what?” I confused by her snug face.

“Mewny, blind him!”

“You got it!!” She cast ‘Flash’ instantly.

“AAAAARRRGGHHH!!!”

….

In my workshop,

“Hmmm, as I though. The smells of brewing potions.” Said Momo.

“HEY!! I need to watch my shop, I’m working here!” I shout into Momo after we arrived at my Workshop.

“Don’t worry, I already ask someone to watch the store”

“Who?”

“Xyfer”

“….” I can’t say anything due to the shock.

She really is prepared to the point that even I mess up she will cover it whatever happens.

As she looking around my workshop, I see Mewny walking towards Momo.

“Hey, the way you order me just now”

Wait, is she really Mewny? I know her to be shy and polite. It feels like she is someone else.

“Ah? Maybe you know who am i?” Said Momo.

“The way you order me, same as my instructor when I still in magic academy”

“Hmm, and then?” Momo is nodding

“The first lesson when I still learn to control my mana, and the teacher who taugh me with like military, was Instructor Momo Tea Liander”

“You got it!”

Suddenly Momo’s body glowing.

*Sssssshhhh* (the sounds of a thing that change size? Like the sounds of a balloon flatted out)

Her appereance changed into her original self. Of course there’s a smoke to block the vision. To be honest I want to see the development of woman body. So I might be able to create a potion to change one appereance.

“Instructor!!” Mewny jumps happily.

“Hahahaha, long time no see~” Momo pose in front of Mewny.

“Okay, stop.” I stop them before they continue to chat and forget about what we need to do by using my hand into their shoulder and push them away gently.

“First of all, how come you know my workshop? I mean, it seems like you are really familiar with my place”

“Of course I know, Pripie told me all of it. Like what did you make yesterday.”

“Ugh,” I put a spicy things and a beer into the bottle yesterday.

“And I gave it to my maid” She said.

“What?”

Poor maid, I put the spiciest things that I can find in my life (I don’t know if I can find anymore spiciest things other than what I know)

“Because of you, I know that you will be planning to spy or work as anything that can make you hear the exact things for the Coup d’ etat” She explains while taking a sit on one of my chair.

“Ugh..”

I know she is clever, but into that extent to read what I wanna do.

“And, of course I ask Mewny as well”

That is why she came here when Mewny is here. What a scary plan. I mean, it was like a coincidence, but she calculated all of it.

“Me? What should I do?” She asks

“Wait, wait, you said to keep it down. Why you include miss Mewny as well?”

“Just call me Mewny without miss”

“Ah, umm, okay”

“Why I include her?” She suddenly stands.

“To teach her how to change your gender into female”

“….excuse me?”

“I said, to teach her the magic of changing gender in order to keep you become female for the time being”

“Ah, so you want me to keep watch over Alvern and give him mana to keep his Female gender right?”

“Yes, you got it.” She puts her hand into Mewny shoulder.

“NO!!” I shouted

“Why not? That is a good idea” Said Momo.

“Yes, I agree!” Said Mewny with glittering eyes.

“You just want to learn the magic Mewny!!” I don’t have an ally in this argument. I need someone to stop both of them.

“And, why a priest who learn to help people suddenly want to learn gender changing?” Something is wrong with her head.

“I want to teach someone, but I dunno how. But, when teacher said to teach me about changing gender, I think this is a good idea.” She said firmly.

“You don’t need to teach someone with that. I mean, to whom you will teach it for? A guy? Your boyfriend?”

“My future husband.”

I can’t reply to that.

“Listen, I know you want to teach him, but I think there’s another way to do it you know” I tried to explain it so she will drop the idea of turning me into woman.

“Don’t worry, I’ll give you a reward if you want to help me” Said Momo.

“YES!!”

“NOO!!!”

 I think, I need to run before I becomes their experiment.

Suddenly…

*Step step step* (Sounds of someone walking from my shop area)

“I already close the shop, and here is the maid costume!!” Shout Xyfer when he came into the room.

“…NOOO!!!!” I shout desperately.

….

Two days later…

“Okay, wow… You are pretty Alvern” Said Xyfer.

“Umm… thanks” I… I’m too embarrassed.

“Don’t worry, you will be with me for the time being” Said Mewny who is standing beside me.

It’s not like I don’t like it, it just…

Being a woman feels weird. I mean, you have this things between your leg, but now it’s gone and it feels weird. Then, you have a pair of breast in your chest. It’s not too big, not too small, just an average that I like, but you can’t move quickly. I mean, they are bouncing and it makes you difficult to move. (Except if you wear an armor or something that makes your breast stop moving)

I know that this breast part is a sensitive part of woman body (also the lower part). As long as you don’t touch or do something about the lower part of woman body, you’ll save. Except this breast.

For woman, who are accustomed from birth can ignore that feeling. But not for me, this is new. I still hard to control myself when I become woman. (To be honest, I almost mastrubate because of it while in this body).

It’s really hard to control it. Believe me.

“You said that, but in reality, you want to continue practicing this change gender spell right?”

“Hehe,” She’s smiling happily.

Oh god, I might not be able to become a man for a while.

“In less an hour, there will be a meeting in this room, so you have trained how to be maid” Said Xyfer.

Yes, thanks Xyfer, yesterday was a hell for me. I was forced to walk like a lady, what the maid should do, and many things.

I can’t believe it. I really couldn’t imagine that I become a maid. (and become a female too)

“Okay, let’s go to the kitchen, and prepare the lunch for them”

….

In the middle of meeting, I’m standing near the door and watching them arguing something.

To be honest, I don’t know anyone in here. I mean, I only know some people in here like Xyfer who sits beside Momo in her original form.

There are four people who attend this meeting, I heard there are more than those four, I guess this one is the small meeting for them that purposed for reporting stuff.

Why? Because I can see they bring two attendant behind them. (Standing behind their chair with some books)

Okay, Momo is here as a representative of royal family, and Xyfer here as the master alchemist to analyze the current incident about the drug.

“So, I got this drug from my connection with the Cheslan family” Said a man who wears a red clothes.

You see, the clothes between the nobles, royal, and peasant are very unique. You can tell them by their symbol.

Other than peasant, the symbol only exist if you are Noble or Royal family. I guess, it’s made from high-quality silk. (That’s common among the nobles though)

The man take out a small bottle that looks like the drug he mentioned.

“This,” Said the man.

Momo take it from him, and see it carefully.

“What do you think?” Said Momo while slide the bottle into Xyfer.

“Hmm, I never see this drug, or” He cast something.

In his hand, the Book of Knowledge appear.

“Aha, I might forgot about the drug, but I have read it before.” The Book of Knowledge is open to a page that explains the drug.

“Apparantly, this is the Puppet Drug” He said while reading his book.

“A puppet drug, I though it’s very rare to get and the materials are also expensive” Said Momo.

“I found it while I investigate several medic shop and black shop” He explains further.

As you know, the alchemist job like me can work as a medical team that focused on healing. Like diseases, poison, anything else that harm body. Why? In order to improve humanity, we can’t depend on priest to cure anything. But, I choose to build my own shop that sells anything that can help people in need.

Well, even I can make any poison that can be used by adventurer (of course I don’ put it in the shelf)

But, this puppet drug. This is the first time I know such a drug. I guess I need to read more.

“This puppet drug, as far as I know” Said Xyfer while reading the book.

“Will not take any effect without any kind of trigger” He continues.

“What do you mean?” Asked Momo.

“You know, among alchemist, this drug is forbidden. Because the drug will dissolved and mix in our blood.” Said Xyfer while opening another page of his book of knowledge.

“So you say, Once someone drink or take this drug into their body, it will stay forever in their body?” Momo try to take the bottle.

“Exactly, but it will be gone through pee or injury that can make the blood out from the body or the drug out from pee” He gives the bottle.

“It would take a long time to be cured.”

“It is,”

“But, you said, it won’t take any effect except something triggering them right?” Ask Momo again

“Yes, you know, this Puppet Drug will be able to work after the caster do a ritual with the drug. So, once the drug is finished, the only person that can control it is the caster.”

“Hmm, in other word, if the master died, no one will be able to control them again.”

Xyfer nod.

“But, to be able to control their body, as I said before, they need a trigger that connect with their body” He continues.

“What do you mean? Something like bracelet?”

“That can do, but it’s not very usefull to use anything that can be seen. Because the opponent will be able to break the things or just taking it off”

“Then, what is it?” Ask Momo curiously.

“What, if the thing is planted in their body?” Said Xyfer.

Everyone around the room who hear Xyfer said that suddenly shocked.

“We will not be able to identify them except we check their bodies one by one” He continues.

“Hmm,” Momo is thinking hard.

And everyone in here trying to calm themselves.

“Okay, let’s do a medical check ups to all the royal, noble, and our military men” Said Momo.

“Got it,” Said Xyfer.

“Okay, now any news from transportation management?” Momo continues the meeting.

“Here is the report” Said a woman who wears a dress from top to bottom with a blue plain color while give the book to Momo.

Momo takes the books, and she starts to flip it into the last three pages of the report.

“Hmm, a lot of transportation comes out in the this month” Said Momo.

“Yes,” She said

“Alright, nothing is wrong in here. But..”

“But?”

“Do you know that if they transport any kind of material?” Said Momo while closing the report book.

“Any kind of material? Yes, like food or medic materials” She explains

Momo try to read the woman’s face.

To be honest, I can only remember her face, since I don’t know their name. I might ask Momo about them.

“Okay, I believe you” Said Momo while looking at me.

“…” I think I know what she means.

Something is fishy in that report.

“Okay, that is all for today” Said Momo.

All of them stand up, and leave through the door beside me.

Suddenly…

“Master, hey master..”

Someone is calling Momo. It’s a girl from the prince’s party. If I remember her correctly, her name is Cinder

“Oh? What’s wrong Cinder?” Said Momo

When I look at her, she suddenly looking at me intensly.

“Excuse me?” I tried to keep calm and just say hi to her.

“…” She just keep silence and look at Momo again.

“Nothing master, I want you to teach me more magic” She said.

As I see them walk away while chatting, I close the door and start to clean up the table.

….

As I back into the kitchen while bringing some plates to clean up. Mewny give me a signal to meet her in the small storage room that used for saving food later.

I think she wants to enchant this “Change Gender” magic into me to make it last longer.

*duk* (the sounds of small door on cupboard)

I clean up my hands, and walk into storage room.

While I’m waiting for Mewny.

*DUK!!* (sounds of a things hit my head)

“Argh”

I got hit from behind, I still able to stay conscious as I fall down. Then I roll over and put both my hands in front of my head to protect me for incoming damage.

“Who’s there?” I still can’t see the person as my vision blurred.

I see the person walk towards me and grab my clothes.

“Who are you? I know you are in disguise. Are you spy from other kingdom??”

From the voice, I can say that it’s a woman.

“No, I’m just a maid working here” I tried to defend myself.

“Liar, I know your disguise because I can see white aura on yourself.” She said while push me into the wall.

She is so close that her chest touch mine. But that’s not the issue here, my breath, I’m having difficulty in breathing right now. This is not good.

“Shall I dispel your magic?” She said that while chanting something.

What should I do? Push her? Or stay still and hope something happens?

“Dispel!!”

I think too much!! Her hands give off a black aura.

“NO!!” As I scream, my body slowly back into men.

“Aha, I knew it you are…huh?” She suddenly shock.

Uhh, I know that I’m having difficulty in breathing, but, why my crotch feels so good?

“Umm..” She suddenly loosen its grip.

“Haah…hah…” I finally able to breath normally.

“PERVERT!!” She said that while slapping me hard.

*SLAP!!* (The sound of her right hand slapping me)

*BRUK!! BRAKK!!* (The sounds of some cupboard broken and the wall starts to crack)

“Argh!!” I scream,

All my body hurts, can’t get up. The impact of hitting cardboard in bad position. I hardly keep my conscious.

“You!! YOU!!” She seems to angry on me.

I don’t care anymore, I guess I choose to sleep and hope for better result later.

….

When I open up my eyes, I see a beautiful ceiling. It means that this is not my room. I guess, I was brought into someplace by someone. Maybe by the woman who found me in the storage.

Then I roll to the right and I see…

*Snoring* (a sounds of a man sleeping next to me)

It’s Xyfer. He is sleeping next to me.

“….”

Then I sit, and look at the window. It’s still dark. But you can see a light from far away. You can say it is dusk.

Anyway, I need to get up and get out of here.

As I walk inside Xyfer’s room, I passed a mirror. When I see the mirror.

“….Oh my god…”

I’m still a woman.

“…” I’m looking at my body intensify, I’m still wearing the maid costume. then I realize.

Wait, a woman? Sleep on the same bed as Xyfer? What?

“You were so energetic” I heard him talking behind me.

Don’t tell me, don’t tell me!!

“W-w-w-wh…. NOO!!!” I kicked him while screaming.

NO! NO! NO! I hope this is just a dream.

*BRAKK* (The sounds of door kicked behind me after I turn over to Xyfer)

“Hiii!!!” I screamed.

“Can you shut up? I still want to sleep here!!” Said someone from outside.

I step back into the wall to guard myself from Xyfer and that person who just destroy the door.

“…Momo?” I said while looking at her.

“Hey, if you can’t shut up, I make sure that you will live as a woman eternally” She said whil giving me a bloodlust.

“Y-yes, mam!” I nod in scared.

Then she back into her room.

I sit down there cannot move because of how scary she is when angry.

“Yaaaawn~ Let’s just go back to sleep” Said Xyfer.

“No, no, no, no, I need an explanation here” I stand and move into Xyfer and try to wake him up.

“Later, you were unconscious, and we were decided to bring you into my room, that’s how you ended up in here” He said while back to sleep again.

I have this mixed feelings on me. You know, your brain know that you are man, but your body is in a woman state. Your brain still denied the existence of your woman body. But your body always says “I’am a woman”.

“Sigh…” So I decided to get out of the room.

When I go out of the room, I just realize, how big this castle. What a long hallway.

I see a door around 4-5 meters away, I suppose that is Momo’s room. Was my voice that loud?

As I walk down the hallway. I passed several windows, and stop to see the sunrise. So this is what you can see if you are able to live in a high ground. Yes, what a beautiful sunrise.

….

“Now eat” Said Momo.

She gives me a plate full of food. I mean, I know this is weird to ask but…

“Is she the one who knock me down before?”

“Yes” Said Momo while eating her food.

The one who knocked me off was Cinder. One of the party member of the prince that I saw on the other day. We are currently eating in the kitchen. In this room, I can see Xyfer, Cinder, Mewny, and Momo sit here with me eating breakfast. Even nobles doesn’t care where to eat huh?

Or because the are used to eat outside? I mean, they might be an adventurer before.

 “….” I feel awkward, because in the last ten minutes after I meet Cinder in this room. She is staring at me since then.

“Umm, is something wrong with my face?” I asked.

“AH? No, nothing.” She said.

*Clank* (A sounds of a spoon touch the plate)

“Let’s finish the breakfast,” Said Momo.

I hurried finish my breakfast and take everyone plate and wash them.

As I wash the plate, I heard them talking about me.

“Hey Cinder, I know you have a mixed feelings to see a boy in girl body sleeping with another boy. But please, keep for yourself” Said Mewny while trying to calm Cinder.

“But, but…” Said Cinder.

“…” I can’t say anything, I hope I can get out of here soon. Don’t want to experience somethings ugly like got raped in womans body. (Yeah, you can imagine it right?)

“If you are done, sit here” Said Momo to me.

“Yes mam,” How did I ended up like this…

….

“Okay, I want you guys to check the harbour” Said Momo to me, Mewny, and Cinder across the table.

I sit side to side with Mewny and Cinder.

“So, the report?” I asked.

“Yes, something is fishy. A huge amount of materials sent out from here. But no reports of expenditure or delivery of groceries” Said Xyfer while giving us a book.

“Open it into the last page, that’s the report of this month.” Said Xyfer.

This book was different from the previous one that I saw on meeting.

“The number of ships exporting foodstuff and the report about the food were different” Said Momo.

“So you want us to investigate this?” Said Mewny.

“Yes, with Alvern as the leader” Said Momo.

“Don’t want to” I refused, don’t want to be with these girls. Or my life would be done for.

“I’ll give you rare materials later.”

“Ok, I’ll do it.”

….

“WHY DID I ACCEPT IT!!!” I am yelling in the rest room. Woman’s rest room to be exact. I still regret accepting the investigation task.

On the other hand…

“Yes, I still able to practice my magic” Said Mewny with triumph fist.

“I-I will be able to see him seduced by other men…” Said Cinder blushing.

“Can you guys cut it out!!” I got annoyed instead.

I still couldn’t believe that I accept the request.

“Sigh…” I try to calm myself by going into the library.

….

On the library,

When I come to the library, I saw athe librarian fallen asleep. Maybe he is taking a nap. So I don’t need any reason to not going in. Because it’s really unusual for a maid to be in the library in the first place.

I need to know anything related into this drug puppet. Wonder if I also can find anything that related to the rumors.

So I walk into an alchemy section. Hope for something which can neutralize the puppet drug in the body.

“If you want to read, ask me”

Crap, someone see me? I try to hide.

“No, don’t worry. It’s me Momo”

Ah, glad it’s Momo.

“What are you doing here?” She walks to me.

“Umm, looking for a way to neutralize the puppet drug” I said while taking some books that has connection with the drug.

“I see, you should tell me if you want to use library” She said while taking a book from me.

“It would be weird to see a maid studying here you know” She continues.

“Ahahaha…” Yeah, that was my bad.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle this. How long do you want to stay here?” She give back the book to me.

“Give me 3 hours,”

“Okay” And she walks away.

Nice, now in three hours, I will use it to read a lot of book to fill my book of knowledge. After that i can try to do some experiment.

So, I walk into the corner and sit on one of many chairs available there and start reading.

….

It’s almost three hours, so I decided to clean up before someone else walks in.

You know, Momo might ask her maid to make the library free for me. Since no one is coming here you know. Even the librarian that I saw before is gone.

*duk* (the sounds of the last book I put into the shelf)

“Alright, that is the last. I need to go now.” I’m mumbling to myself,

So I walk into the door, look right and left to make sure no one see me.

“Okay good, no ones there” I walk a little fast from the library and slow down bit by bit so I can control my breath. I’m afraid if someone see me with heavy breathing, the think I just run or doing something that needs catch a breath.

I walk into the kitchen (Dunno why I feels the kitchen is my place to return to) and saw Momo talking with Xyfer.

“Excuse me,” I said while entering the room.

“Hey, are you finished?” Said Momo.

“Yes, thanks. How did you manage to prevent people coming into library?” I need to know, so I can try whatever she did.

“It’s easy, I hypnotized them” She said while laughing.

Okay, that was unexpected. I will never be able to hypnotize a lot of people. But, let’s take a note on that one.

“So, found anything?” Said Xyfer. It seems he knows that I was from library.

“Nah, just need to get a lot of information before doing any experiment” I said.

“Ahaha, that’s the basic things for every alchemist.” He said while drinking a glass of water.

Both of them sit across each other, and I take another chair and sit next to Momo.

I need to ask Momo about me teaming up with the priest and the mage. I hope she can’t talk to them so I can work alone.

If Momo still insist me to work with them. I need to know them inside out. The only things I know is Mewny a shy with aggressive personality when it comes with magic and Cinder with cool personality but shy inside. I bet she likes to see man to man cuddling each other.

“Momo, you said that the members of BC need to move quietly right?” I said.

“Yes, you are doing it right now” She said

“How? A lot of people know me now. Like Cinder and Mewny.”

“They are a member too, but on FC” She explains.

“FC?”

“Front Coin”

What a lame name,

“So, not only BC, but there’s also FC too?”

“Yes, you know that coins have two sides right?”

“Ah” Now I know what she means

It means that the FC, will act in the surface. So, if I conclude it..

“So, you want them to report anything that will be happening into the military, and the BC members will help the innocent people to stay out of it, right?” That is the only think that I can think of.

“No, but I can’t believe that you manage to guess what the FC team do” She said while looking at me with surprise face.

“Then, what should i do? Since I’m not the part of FC team?”

“I want you to make the neutralize, don’t worry, we already asked the other alchemist including Xyfer to help create the neutralizer, and I want your team to,” She take a breath

“To?”

“Assasinate the leader” She said.

0