The Beginning
88 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Atop a small hill, silhouetted against the backdrop of a blazing village, two figures stood in stark contrast. One, a cold-faced man with eyes devoid of emotion, stood resolute, his gaze fixed on the chaotic inferno below. His features remained unmoved, a mask of indifference even as the flames devoured the village. 

Beside him, seated on a moss-covered rock, was a handsome blonde-haired young man with glowing azure eyes. Despite the destruction unfolding before them, his expression was oddly serene, an unsettling calmness radiating from his piercing gaze. 

Together, they observed the village's demise, a chilling silence enveloping them as the flames roared, consuming everything in their path. The air was thick with the acrid scent of smoke, a tangible reminder of the devastation wrought upon the village. 

 

“Hey… This should be counted as an achievement. Right, Ulquiorra?”

 

“According to the information you have bestowed upon me, it should be counted as one, Lord Aurelius."

 

[Achievement: Destroy a small settlement (Completed)]

[Description: Destroy a settlement occupied by at least 10-100 people.]

[Reward: 3 Summoning Points.]

 

[Achievement: Eliminate 10 creatures. (Completed)]

[Description: Eliminate 10 living creatures.]

[Reward: 1 Summoning Point.]

 

[Achievement: Eliminate 100 creatures. (Completed)]

[Description: Eliminate 100 living creatures.]

[Reward: 2 Summoning Points.]

 

“Six summoning points? Looks like this wasn’t a complete waste of time after all.” 

 

Aurelius looked at the translucent panel in front of him, a small smile slowly crept on his face.

He wasn’t from this world at all. He originally led a content life on Earth, he found joy in the embrace of his loving parents and the companionship of friends. However, tragedy struck when his parents met an untimely demise, leaving him a vast fortune. 

In a shocking turn of events, his remaining family, trusted uncles, and aunts revealed their greed and conspiracy involving his parents’ death, intending to take the wealth his parents left behind. His so-called friends turned their backs on him when he needed them the most due to his lost fortune.

Abandoned by those he thought he could trust and shattered by the betrayal, he succumbed to despair and anger, torturing them all and slaying them in cold blood. And in a chase with the police who pursued on the road him for what he had done, was where he met his final end.

The car accident that followed became the bridge between worlds, transporting him from his world of pain to an unknown realm, leaving behind his past and awakening in a foreign land.

 

In his wake to this new world, he was met with his new ability.

 

The System.

 

It is a traditional cheat tool for those in the same situation as his in fictional stories.

His system was quite simple, only having three options within its interface.

Status, Achievements, and Summon.

Status displayed information about himself like his abilities or skills.

 

Achievements, just from the name, one should be able to know what it was all about. He would earn summon points from completing one, although what these achievements were was quite vague. He couldn’t see what would be counted as one and only relied on his luck to guess which one could be included within.

 

He had completed two achievements so far that gave him a summon point each.

[First Kill] and [City Explorer].

 

These achievements both came from a bandit that he encountered when he first arrived in this world. Unarmed, he was captured and led to a supposed small city full of corrupt officials and slave traders as described by the bandit.

Unfortunately for him, the moment he and Aurelius stepped into the radius of the city was when his first achievement and summon point arrived. Aurelius had luckily gained a random powerful ability which he used to get information from the bandit and kill him, giving him his second achievement, using it to gain a companion, Ulquiorra.

And finally, Summon. This was also quite self-explanatory just from the name. Using the summon points he gained from completing achievements, he could randomly summon technically anything from fictional worlds, be it weapons, characters, or even structures. At least that’s what the description said.

Anything summoned would belong to him and any previous ownership of the items would immediately be void as it recognized him instead. All of the obvious weaknesses would be removed from what he had summoned. And the thing he was satisfied with most of all, was the undying loyalty any creature summoned would have for him.

As someone who had suffered immense betrayal in his last world, he no longer wanted to feel it once more and only wanted those who would be eternally loyal to him. The system provided him with what he just needed.

His eyes turned back towards the burning village below the hill, and then towards the pale, seemingly emotionless man. 

 

Ulquiorra Cifer.

 

 A character from the anime "Bleach," has a striking figure with emerald-green eyes, shoulder-length black hair, and distinctive white Hollow mask fragments framing his face, exuding an aura of cold detachment and enigmatic allure.

He was Aurelius’ second summon in this world.

And his first?

Aurelius stood up and walked towards the edge of the hill, standing right in front of Ulquiorra. 

His colorful azure eyes seemingly started to gleam brighter and brighter, even more so than the sun that blazed above them.

 

*Whoosh!*

 

Blue-colored flames suddenly started to surround Aurelius’ whole body. His clothing, no, his entire body was engulfed in blue flames, but it seemingly did not harm him, but instead, made him even feel more powerful than ever before.

His clothing had transformed into a blue-flamed cloak with 6 magatama markings on his collar. 

 

The Tenseigan Chakra Mode.

 

Feeling the immense power flowing through him, Aurelius took a deep breath and raised his arm towards the blazing village below them.

 

“Let’s get this over with, and onto our next trip, shall we? Ulquiorra?”

 

“Of course, my lord. Let us end this swiftly.”

 

From behind Aurelius, nine floating Truth-Seeking Balls suddenly appeared by his command. One of which floated above his palm, spinning around wildly, seemingly turning into a wide disk.

“Let’s give this world a bit of a taste from the Tenseigan.”

 

Aurelius grinned and tossed it in the direction of the burning village below.

 

“Silver Wheel Reincarnation Explosion!” 

 

As Aurelius unleashed the devastating Silver Wheel Reincarnation Explosion, the spinning Truth-Seeking Ball hurtled toward the village below, its speed and power unmatched. Upon impact, a blinding explosion of azure energy engulfed the already beleaguered village, eradicating structures and life in a cataclysmic blast.

The shockwave rippled through the air, shattering windows, uprooting trees, and sending debris flying in all directions. The ground trembled beneath the village's remnants as if the earth itself recoiled from the unleashed power.

Amidst the chaos, Aurelius and Ulquiorra remained unscathed, their expressions unchanged as they observed the destruction. The flames that once consumed the village were now dwarfed by the brilliant azure blaze, marking the end of the settlement.

As the dust settled and the echoes of the explosion faded, a ghostly silence descended upon the ravaged land. Aurelius turned to Ulquiorra, his eyes alight with satisfaction.

 

"Quite a spectacle, isn't it, Ulquiorra?" Aurelius remarked, his voice carrying a tone of dark amusement. "This village of bandits won't trouble anyone anymore."

Ulquiorra nodded in agreement. "Indeed, my lord. Their existence has been erased."

 

With the village reduced to smoldering ruins, Aurelius dispelled his Tenseigan Chakra Mode, the blue flames dissipating into the air. He glanced at the translucent panel before him, the earlier achievements now marked as completed, his eyes focused on the six summon points he had obtained earlier.

 

“System, use all the summon points and start summoning.”

 

[Summoning in progress.]

[Congratulations! You have summoned…]

To be continued.

(A/N: The reason I didn't post for a while is that I hated my opening so much that I scrapped it and just wrote a new beginning, a better one in my opinion, and one I didn't hate. Also, I found it difficult to operate the system basis on reputation so I just made an achievement-based one. I will be continuously updating this and it's much easier to write. Enjoy.)

9