Chapter 3
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Academy Training Field)

Surprise was etched on the faces of everybody at the sight of the unknown purple Doujutsu.

The sight of the Rinnegan will be the third time for Tobirama and the second time for Hiruzen. But it will forever be the first time anyone has witnessed the eyes with such intense concentration.

The blonde starred at his opponent/sensei, knowing that he was going to surprise his sensei with what's to come. Of course he also knew that he wasn't going to be victorious in this fight. He wasn't meant to, it was a test of strength, a test to see just how strong he is and if he's anywhere near his old strength. Although substituting the raw and wild power of the Kyuubi for the precisely destructive power of the Rinnegan was bringing things along quickly.

"Alright Naruto-kun, if you do well against this man I'll give you some special technique training." the blonde heard his mother say from inside his mind.

Naruto dropped into a stance, 'No if mother, when. And after I'm through with this fight I'll be waiting for the training… I wonder what its going to be?' he mused.

The red head rolled her eyes, "Over confidence is never a good thing a Shinobi should have, just fight the man while I think about what I should teach you." she spoke firmly, breaking their link after finishing talking.

Naruto continued to focus on his sensei as he dropped into his own stance. "I knew you were going to be a sponge for knowledge immediately after our first lesson. I've taught you well about the art of deception." he said chuckling. "Now lets see if you have the strength to back up your deception." he said pushing his foot off the ground and jumping backwards as the blonde threw a flurry of shuriken.

As Ryoko flew through the air, he threw his own set of shurikens at the previous set. Most of the thrown projectiles collided with each other, the others harmlessly flew by their intended targets.

Naruto appeared behind Ryoko and sent a punch at the small of the man's back. The blonde knew the attack had the power to paralyze, and ruin the career of any ninja, if it connected. He was not surprised when his fist phased through his teacher's body disrupting the bunshin. "Hmm, you made the switch at precisely the last moment." Naruto mused out loud.

"Nice speed." the Jounin said back handing the blonde.

He was surprised when instead of the blonde tumbling across the landscape, a puff of smoke clouded his vision. 'Kage Bunshin, but how?'

The Jounin darted out of the small smokescreen only for his face to personally meet Naruto's fist. Ryoko was sent back into the fading smoke and out on the other side, where he righted himself and landed on his feet. "Impressive Naruto-kun." he said wiping a small amount of blood from his lip. "I don't know when you learned the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, but I am impressed that you were able, but your not the only one." he said forming the familiar hand sign and two clones appeared. "Lets see if your eyes can tell which one is the real me."

Naruto smirked and glanced at Orochimaru for a short time, before returning his attention to his teacher. "Sure lets do this." he said running forward.

He was about to veer to the right, straight for the real body, when the one in the middle cut him off with a punch to the jaw.

He would be flying if he didn't duck under the punch and sweep the clone under his feet and proceed to do what he didn't think he would ever do correctly. "Konoha Dai Senpou (Leaf Great Whirlwind)" he said repeatedly spin kicking the clone, forcing it to dispel. He returned to his feet and promptly blocked the other clones strike.

With a quick and intense burst of power he lifted the clone off his feet and held him over his head and slammed him on the ground, making it explode in a cloud of smoke.

Ryoko watched from his spot with a focused gaze on his prodigy student. 'Incredible.' he simply thought.

The blonde just exited the cloud and waited for it to clear, which wasn't long. He grinned. "Yet again I'm impressed with the display I've witnessed, its really a shame that I have to take this up a notch." Ryoko said vanishing from everyone's sight and yet again appearing behind Naruto and back handing the blond, this time his hand connected and Naruto was sent somersaulting across the ground. "Your way out of your league kid."

At the sight of their friend being back handed by their teacher, each of the future Sannin clenched their tiny fist in anger. "I know you three want to jump into the fight and help Naruto-kun, but this is his fight." Tobirama said keeping a close eye on the blonde's performance.

Tsunade looked at her granduncle, "What do you mean his fight, Naruto-kun is fighting a Jounin. One on one, its impossible for someone of Naruto's skill to defeat a Jounin, at least let us all join in and we all might have a chance at victory." the female blonde said looking back to see Naruto being overpowered by one of Ryoko's specialized kunai knifes.

"I'm sure Ryoko-san wont take things too far." Hiruzen said looking at the man who was currently swinging his knife at Naruto, forcing him on the defensive. "Naruto-kun knows what he's doing Tsunade-chan. Living with and caring for the boy this past year has taught me this." the young man said putting a hand on her small shoulder.

Tsunade just frowned and looked at Jiraiya and Orochimaru, hoping they felt the same way as her. Jiraiya's attention was only on the fight, having never seen something so intense in his life. He watched his friend jumping over Uchu-sensei and kicking the man in the back of the head. "Yeah kick his ass." he mumbled under his breath.

Meanwhile Orochimaru watched his friend, curious about this bloodline of his 'I knew I wasn't delusional, I always thought it was slight flashes of the orange sunlight that was changing the color of his irises from blue to purple. But it was his bloodline… what is the name for those magnificent eyes?' he thought continuing to stare into the moving eyes of his friend, finding them amazing every second he gazed into their rippling beauty.

Naruto kept on dodging Ryoko's persistent strikes, he really wanted to cut the blonde with that knife of his. It was then that Ryoko tried something new, he quickly threw his knife. Though Naruto wasn't expecting this, he was grateful that he was able to dodge with only a long, but shallow cut, along his right cheek.

That wasn't all Ryoko did though, Naruto was in for a surprise as the Jounin did a Dynamic Entry and kicked Naruto in the side of his head. Though it wasn't meant to be as Naruto leaned back, maneuvering himself around the outstretched leg and delivered a kick right into his teacher's baby maker.

Every adult male in the vicinity groaned in pain at witnessing Uchu Ryoko get kicked in the nuts. 'Ooh even I felt that.' the young Uzumaki thought hopping back a couple of meters.

Meanwhile the ball busted Jounin crouched to his knees, eyes clenched shut in pain. '…' he couldn't even think, the pain was so intense. This wasn't no simple real life civilian nut kick, no this was a fanfiction, ninja based, faster than a regular civilian can see, nut kick… either way the pain affects us all.

"Kami I hope he's alright." Naruto mumbled as his Rinnegan deactivated. "Sensei are you alright?" he asked louder.

"Of course he's not alright, you just kicked him in the nuts. What man would be alright after that?" Kushina questioned her son.

Both on the outside and the inside, Naruto was truly sorry. He didn't mean to basically punt the man in the gonads. The blonde heard his sensei groan and mumbled something. "What was that sensei?" he asked.

"I said I'm going to kill you." Ryoko mumbled again rising to his feet, already in the process of completing hand signs. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! RAITON: PANISSHA NO BORU! (Punisher Ball)"

Lightning began crackling around Ryoko's mouth, before he hacked it out. The electrical ball of chakra headed towards the blonde. This all happened in the span of three seconds.

The blonde should have known the Jounin would retaliate the way he was right now. He should have known that any man would be furious after recovering from the 'incident' that just occurred five minutes ago.

Well it was a good thing he knew this was going to happen… just not so fast. Thus he didn't fully dodge the attack. As the ball passed him and continued to travel into the forestry, the excess electricity shocked his right arm, rendering it useless for the time being.

Ryoko didn't waste a second and vanished and reappeared on Naruto's right and kicked the numb arm, sending the boy into the forest, stopping only after he hit a tree.

Yet again the Jounin went through a set of hand signs. "Suiton: Mizu no Yari (Water Spear)" this time Ryoko spit out a large water spear straight at Naruto.

Naruto eyes widened upon hitting the tree and it was impossible for them to widen any further upon seeing the large spear of water heading towards him. He quickly moved his head and covered it with his hands as the tree splintered and small, wet, pieces of wood fly everywhere.

"GET UP!" his mother screamed and he quickly got up and moved to another tree as five kunai imbedded themselves in the tree.

While behind the tree Naruto held his numb arm. He looked around the tree, only to dodge another thrown kunai. 'Okay so he's just waiting for me to come from behind this tree… great." he thought with sarcasm. 'Well its time to get original.' he thought taking out three shuriken.

He did a back flip, his feet landing on the tree, before he kept hopping up the tree. He went around the tree, landing on a branch and quickly threw his shuriken.

The Jounin waited and waited, before he looked up and seen three shuriken coming towards him, he effortlessly deflected them and seen Naruto coming at him from the sky. He was about to punch the kid when the clone dispelled and a cloud of smoke went up. His danger sense went up and he quickly jumped back, right before Naruto burst through the cloud with an orb of silver, swirling chakra, that immediately destroyed the ground, kicking up a lot of dirt.

Ryoko was about to jump into the cloud of dirt when a hand grabbed his shoulder. "I think that's enough Uchu-san, I have seen all that was necessary." Tobirama said clutching on Ryoko's arm to keep him from furthering his attack on Naruto.

At this point Naruto emerged from the dirt cloud, his Rinnegan deactivated. "I'm sorry sensei for what I did, it was not my intention for that to happen. It just did." Naruto said with his hands up in surrender.

Ryoko nodded after a minute of contemplation, "Good, now I have some great news unrelated to what just occurred. It seems Kumogakure has never been part of the war, they just never seemed to stop their militarizing of their army. Though I disagree with their actions, I'm glad I caught on to the faulty Intel, it would have caused problems if we were to attack Kumo." the Nidaime said causing many of the Jounin and Chuunin in the area look at him in surprise.

Naruto had a look of realization on his face, remembering that even though he hated history, that Kumo was never in the Second Ninja War, neither was Kiri, only Konoha, Suna, Iwa, and… 'Ame.' he thought wondering when they'll enter the picture. Maybe not for years to come. 'Wait, wasn't Sarutobi the Hokage during this war? And didn't the Nidaime die during the First war?' these question came and went for the past year, never answered for even his mother didn't know the answer. The only logical explanation would be, that his traveling back in time has changed things further along the past. He shook his head as everything kept getting confusing the more he thought about it and the more he thought about it the more he wished to leave it alone.

He stopped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, the hand turned out to belong to his adoptive brother. "Excellent fight, most surprising, what was that technique at the end, I've never seen anything like it?" he asked causing Naruto to unnoticeably stiffen in realization.

The blonde went through dozens of responses in his head, before he picked the most likely one, "It's mostly the reason I've been training so hard for in the past year. It's the fruit of my efforts." he spoke with a foxy grin in place.

"Hmm, you may have lost the fox, but you have kept everything that makes a fox a fox. Your cunningness and deceitfulness has only continued to grow every since the disappearance of the Kyuubi." Kushina commented on Naruto's own response.

Naruto grinned wider at hearing his mother, "So does this mean that the others and I are apart of your new team?" the man nodded and this allowed Naruto to finally smirk. "That's good, now I can do this." he said punching the man in the side, playfully of course. "You bastard why'd you make me fight Uchu-sensei?"

Hiruzen chuckled, "That was sensei's idea, I just went along with it." he said quickly surrendering knowing that because he lived with the boy, the pranks would never stop.

Tobirama looked at the two, mostly Hiruzen, glaring at him, for so easily betraying him. He nervously chuckled, slowly backing up as Naruto and Tsunade stalked towards him. "Well… it wasn't like I planned on it or anything its jus- Hey what's that over there?" he pointed to the forest.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on who you want to be, the children looked and got fooled. Because when they found out they were fooled the Nidaime was already gone. 'I cant believe he got me.' Naruto thought in shame. The blondes looked at each other. "Go get him." at that the female blonde nodded and proceeded to chase down her granduncle.

"Now that that's settled, I have to congratulate you on your performance. I knew you could handle what ever I threw at you. If it was up to me, I would recommend that you entirely skip being a Genin." Ryoko said patting the blonde on the back. "I wonder how you gained that strength in the first place." he said with a hand on his chin thinking about the subject.

Naruto nervously chuckled, "Yeah, I guess I was born with it." he said nervously laughing it off, with his hand rubbing his own head.

"Okay Uchu-san stop making Naruto-kun nervous, lets just be glad that he's on our side." Hiruzen said as he began walking away from the Academy. "I have important matters to attend to at the moment. Naruto-kun I'll see you at home, the rest of you, I'll see you tomorrow at Training Ground Seven. What you did here, will pale in comparison to what I'm going to put you through." he said ominously before vanishing with a Shunshin.

"What did he mean by that?" Orochimaru asked walking up to Naruto with Jiraiya on the other side.

Naruto shrugged, "I don't know, but I think we're going to have an even tougher training, than what we just went through."

"You think, now what the hell was that earlier? I had no idea you had that kind of strength." Jiraiya playfully pushed Naruto.

"And your eyes, how'd you get them. Also you're a bastard for using them on us during those spars." Orochimaru said slapping Naruto in the back of the head. With that hit, Naruto dropped to the ground, exhaustion finally getting to him. "Uhh, I wasn't expecting that."

"What the hell did you do? He's dead, NOO, YOU KILLED HIM!" Jiraiya yelled crouched down beside Naruto's body.

Orochimaru sweat dropped and looked around to make sure they were alone. He sighed in relief to see nobody around, 'I don't want anybody to know I hang out an idiot.' "Calm down idiot, he's just unconscious. Our previous training and that fight drained his energy." Orochimaru said, shaking his head as he walked away to prepare for tomorrow.

Jiraiya blushed in embarrassment, "I knew that." he said looking up and noticed nobody was around. "Orochimaru must have gone to continue training… I might as well do the same." the white haired boy said finding a better reason than returning to the orphanage, thanks to his parents dying in the beginning of the war half a year ago.

Naruto's body was left alone in the Academy Training Ground.

XxX A Week Later XxX

Naruto sat in a tree inside of Training Ground Seven at seven in the morning, he would always be the first one in the meeting place. Then Orochimaru would appeared calling his name, in 3... 2... 1... and there he goes. "Naruto, Naruto." Orochimaru said right on cue. After that Tsunade would appear telling Orochimaru to be quiet.

"Orochimaru be quiet its too early for that." Tsunade said sitting under the tree, resting her own head against the bark.

With that they would be alone for about ten minutes, Naruto resting in the tree, Tsunade also resting under the tree, and Orochimaru finally giving up on calling Naruto and taking out a scroll to read.

After their ten minutes was up, Jiraiya would appear with bags under his eyes and would promptly drop to the floor five feet away from the others. Of course nobody paid attention until he would raise his head and call out to Naruto. "Naruto… Naruto."

Then like always Tsunade would groan in frustration and say, "He's still not talking to either of you." she said more like a statement than a question.

But Jiriaya would always reply with a, "Why not?"

Then Orochimaru would say, "Because you left him unconscious at the Academy a week ago." the royal looking boy said matter-of-factly.

"WHAT! YOU LEFT HIM FIRST!" Jiraiya yelled crossing his arms.

This time everything was different as, usually Naruto would remain quiet until Tsunade would slap them both in the back of the heads. "Would you both shut up, it still doesn't get rid of the fact that you both left me there. Your lucky Tsunade returned to pick me up… hours later." the male blonde said finally talking.

The two other boys looked down sheepishly, while Tsunade grinned in apparent victory.

By now Hiruzen appeared, "Are you ready for another day of hard training?" he asked grinning sadistically.

At that all four children groaned in pain, "Sensei can we take a break from training I'm still sore from yesterday's exercise." Jiraiya said.

Hiruzen chuckled, "Oh come on, you should know my response by now." he said.

"Yeah yeah yeah, 'the soreness will go away with more training.' You know sensei that isn't true. More training just makes me more sore." Tsunade said pouting with her arms crossed.

Hiruzen frowned for a second, "Well it's a good thing we aren't training today, we have a mission." he said chuckling at their gasps of happiness.

"Really sensei." Naruto said appearing at Hiruzen's side faster than anybody could see. "What is it, what is it, what is it?" he repeated the question a dozen times before Tsunade covered his mouth with her hand.

"Calm down baka, he would have told us already, if you weren't talking." she said struggling to keep Naruto still as he was thrashing around. "Grab his legs." she told Orochimaru and Jiraiya.

At that they tried to hold his legs down, but Naruto went and kicked Jiraiya in the chin and Orochimaru in the side of the head. Then he substituted himself for Jiriaya, gasping for breath. "Damn you got a grip on you Tsu-chan." he said rubbing his jaw.

Tsunade let Jiraiya go, feeling that he wasn't thrashing and was glaring at Naruto.

As soon as Jiraiya was let go he sped towards Naruto, Sarutobi grabbed the back of his collar, "Calm down Jiraiya-kun, Naruto-kun didn't mean to kick you in the chin." he said looking at Orochimaru to see him out cold. "Damn Naruto, you knocked Orochimaru-kun out." looking at Naruto with surprise.

The blonde waved his hand dismissively, "Yeah yeah yeah, now what this mission. And as Kami as my witness if its doing meaningless chores I'm going to kill you." he said with a serious look on his face.

"Okay then we have two missions. We have to escort a diplomat to the capital of River Country." Sarutobi said. "It's a C-Rank escort mission, does that satisfy you?

Naruto nodded, "The other mission?" the blonde asked.

"Yes, from there, we'll travel near the border of Kaze no Kuni and meet up with an informant."

"Really, a spy, awesome." Jiraiya said shooting his arms in the air.

Tsunade sighed from her spot beside Orochimaru. She had been looking at his head, making sure nothing was serious despite the outcome. After sighing she was tossed a bottle smelling salts by Hiruzen.

Orochimaru shot up, "Oh that stinks. Ugh my head." he said moaning in pain.

"Okay now that Orochimaru's up, how about we get ready for those missions." Naruto said leaving in a Shunshin, only to return a second later. "Where do we meet up?"

XxX Twenty Minutes Later XxX

Naruto sat at a dango stand, he had been sitting there for the past ten minutes. He had about thirty sticks of dango beside him. He leaned back rubbing his stomach full of sweet dango. "Ahh that was the best dango I've ever had. What's your secret Ami-chan." he told the daughter of the shopkeeper.

"Naruto-kun you know I can't give you the secret, even if you want to work here." she said, cutting him off. Ami was a young girl similar to Ayame, she had short blue hair and light purple eyes. She was only eight years old and helped her mother with the dango stand. She wore a frilly dark purple dress and an apron over it. Though she was two years older than Naruto she was shorter than him, by only about an inch or two. Just like between Ayame and Naruto, Ami and Naruto treated each other like siblings. Her mother adored Naruto and he would constantly walk her to and from school, protect her from bullies and he even gave her a couple of lessons in hand to hand combat, to better protect herself while he wasn't present.

"Aww come on Ami-chan, just give me part of the recipe and I'll think of the rest."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes, I promise I wont tell anybody."

"Don't you have a mission to go to." the bruenette said crossing her arms.

"Oh shit." Naruto said tossing money on the counter before vanishing with a shunshin.

Ami collected the money on the counter shaking her head, "I'm so telling mom."

The blue eyed boy ran through the streets. It was way bigger and more populated than he was used to.

He was running so fast that he was surprised to find himself stationary, at two feet in the air, with his legs in front of him. 'Whoa what's happening?' he thought quickly righting himself and landing on his feet.

He could feel somebody's hand clutching his collar, the blonde looked to the right and followed the cream colored hand to a dark red sleeve of what he already knew was going to be an elaborate and royal kimono. He continued to travel up the sleeve and noticed the kimono had a high collar. And continuing he realized that seal tags were hanging from a hair pin that was holding the bun of a beautiful woman, she also had three clips keeping her bangs out of her eyes. He went back to the tags and with a more analytical gaze, he couldn't remotely understand what the seal was. "I see you have an interest in Fuinjutsu, not unlikely in an Uzumaki child."

Naruto heard his mother gasp in his head, "Mito-sama, Naruto you be on your best behavior." the blue eyed boy heard his mother tell him.

The Genin gulped for no apparent reason, finding it necessary to be respectful and no thinking like a fox. "Are you Uzumaki Mito-sama?" he asked.

"I am, and please no -sama, you'll make me feel old." she said smiling.

'So humble, okay now how do I ask this without sounding a tad bit disrespectful?' he thought thinking for a quick second. "Umm, no disrespect Mito-san… but why are you holding onto my collar?"

She smirked and let him go, "Because I have the skill to, I have much to talk to you about Uzumaki Naruto. I'll be waiting when you return from your mission, come to my Manor, I'm sure you'll find the way without asking anybody." she said turning and walking away.

Naruto was left in the middle of the dirt street speechless about what just happened. 'Uhh what just happened?' just because he was speechless doesn't mean he was thoughtless.

"You just met Mito-sama, she was and always will be the strongest wielder of the Rinnegan since the Sage of Six Paths. She was also the first Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi." Kushina said dropping a bomb.

Naruto just raised an eyebrow as he walked to the South Gate, knowing he would be there in a couple of minutes. 'So you were the second and me, the third… hmm I wonder why the fox never told me this?' he thought

"Your not mad that I never told you I was the second container of the Kitsune?"

"I knew that piece of information, the only question I have, now, is why is the Kyuubi gone. If I'm correct Mito-san and you both have the Rinnegan and yet the Kyuubi was still in you, and not gone. But with me the fox is gone? Hmm…' he thought.

"Ask Mito-sama, I'm sure you can trust her with information like this." Kushina asked.

'Are you sure, if I ask her that then I would have to say I'm from the future, and that would only raise further questions."

"Just trust me on this one, now pay attention or you'll end up walking into the gate." the red head said.

Naruto's eyes had been blurry while talking with his mother and they cleared up just in time to see the grains in the wall. He stopped immediately and released a sigh in relief. Backing up he turned around, "I cant believe none of you would've stopped me." he said looking at his team.

Tsunade laughed, "I told you he wouldn't hit the wall, you both own me fifty ryo." she said holding out her hands.

'Whoa Tsunade won a bet.' Naruto thought looking around, 'Is the world ending? Who's going to die?'

While the Uzumaki was panicking Sarutobi looked at his team, "Alright, you're going to have to wait a moment while I go and get the Kawa (River) diplomat, he's  ten minutes late." he muttered the last part.

XxX Three Hours Later XxX

The five unit team and the diplomat have been walking for three hours and even though the covered quite a distance, having been in River Country for little over thirty minutes, the boredom was painful. Orochimaru passed the boredom with a book in hand, but even reading was starting to get a little boring. Jiraiya and the diplomat was walking in the front, while Orochimaru and Tsunade was walking in the middle with Naruto and Hiruzen was walking behind. It was a classic pair strategy.

The worst part about the boredom was that Jiraiya didn't know how to shut up. He was talking to the diplomat, "So do you have a hidden weapon in case you get in trouble while in your own country? What do you have for breakfast every morning? Is it dangerous to go swimming in your rivers?" the questions he was asking were all over the place, never staying on a single topic.

The diplomat was a heavy set man, with a dark blue eccentric kimono. It looked like a baby put it together. Pieces of it was cut into triangles, like the sleeves, the torso was a giant circle, and the obi was a giant rectangle. The kimono wasn't the only thing eccentric about the man, he too was talkative and would laugh at everything Jiraiya said. "Of course the rivers are dangerous, you don't want to be eaten by alligators do you?" he said laughing, his huge belly shaking with each 'HA'

'You would think the man would get tired of answering the amount of questions he was being asked.' was the thought of the other four members of the team.

Naruto looked around, becoming paranoid for some reason. He had experience that every time he was on a supposed C-Rank escort mission it always turned out to be a higher rank. He activated his Rinnegan and looked around for any sign of a chakra signature, he realized their was about three bodies of chakra nearby. "Can you see them? They're hiding their chakra signature pretty well, but your eyes should be able to see them clearly." Hiruzen whispered to Naruto.

"Yeah I can see them, the nature of their chakra are, two winds and an earth, obvious village origin would be Suna. The level of the chakra, I'm guessing three Chuunins." he said his eyes glowing a light gray in the sun. "I guess they are trying to rid the world of the Professor, but I doubt they can even scratch you." the Rinnegan wielding boy said smriking. "Let them handle it." he said pointing at Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Orochimaru. "I'll protect the client, just in case the enemy gets desperate." he said not even giving Hiruzen a chance to reply before doing a fast and short whistle.

At that Orochimaru and the others grew more attentive. With that whistle they knew that trouble was near and they needed to be ready. Orochimaru put away his book and Jiraiya stopped asking meaningless questions. "What's wrong with you boy, don't you have anymore questions?" the man asked as Jiraiya slowly looked around.

Naruto walked up to the other side of the client, "Don't worry, he's just getting ready."

"Ready? Getting ready for what?"

At that three figures shot out from the foliage headed straight for Hiruzen. The future Sannin also burst into action, each going after a single target, intent on protecting their sensei.

XxX Orochimaru vs. 1st Chuunin XxX

Orochimaru appeared in front of the man, punching him in the chest, in the process. "I wont allow you to get any closer to my sensei." he said taking out a pair of kunai.

The Chuunin's feet slid along the ground, because he didn't fall, he held his chest staring at the kid in front of him. "What the hell, your just a kid, how did you even know we were here?"

Orochimaru smiled, "Don't worry about that." he said running forward.

The brown haired Chuunin threw a couple of kunai, only to see them being deflected by the little kid.

After deflecting the thrown projectiles, Orochimaru slid under the man, cutting in the man's thighs.

The man was lucky enough to substitute himself for a log, he reappeared over Orochimaru, doing a set of hand signs, "Futon: Daitoppa (Great Breakthrough)" Orochimaru quickly jumped away, doing his own hand seals. Nothing apparently happened, "Ha, a dud, you shouldn't have pretended to be a ninja kid, you would have lived longer." he said before he noticed another Orochimaru inches away from him, he swung and it went passed him. 'A Bunshin?' he thought before he quickly realized he was in a Genjutsu and quickly dispelled it.

When he came to reality Orochimaru's foot was literally an inch from his face. The kick wasn't all that powerful, but when Orochimaru dropped to the floor and punched him in the solar plexus.

The single punch was strong enough to make him hiccup, and that was it, he jumped back before he could get hit again. 'The kid's fast, I'll give him that. Its time to get serious.' the brown haired Chuunin thought doing a pair of hand seals. Lets see if you can take this. Futon: Reppushou. (Gale Wind Palm)"

Orochimaru was quick enough to do his own hand seals and slam them on the floor. "Doton: Doryuu Heki (Earth Style Wall)" he said as a wall of earth rose up from the ground in time to block the gale palm. 'Thank you sensei for this technique.' he thought feeling the technique stay intact.

The Chuunin frowned when he seen the wall withstand his gale palm. He rushed the wall, knowing the brat was hiding behind it. He went through a couple of hand seals and took a deep breath. "Futon: Atsugai. (Pressure Damage)" he breathed out and the wall was immediately destroyed, but Orochimaru was nowhere to be seen.

The unnamed Chuunin looked around for his target, before he felt hands grab his ankles and drag him down into the earth, until only his head remained above the ground. With that finished two Orochimarus rose up from the ground, "I'm glad I created a clone, it was hard to pull you underground, even with it." he said panting as he dispelled his earth clone.

'I cant believe I lost to this brat.' the man thought as his head dropped in shame.

XxX Tsunade vs. 2nd Chuunin Xxx

Tsunade appeared over the second male Chuunin, she grabbed his head and twisted her body and connected both of her feet on the man's chest, knocking him back.

She wasted little, time because before she even landed on the floor she was throwing three kunai. The first connected with the man's shoulder, the second, the man's other shoulder and the third, hit the man's left kidney.

The man was saved from death, however, when he substituted right before the last kunai pierced his skin, now replaced by a log.

The man was surprised to find that he couldn't move either arm, "You little bitch, how did you do this?" he asked his voice dripping with venom.

Tsunade smirked at the comment, "I pierced a cluster of nerves on each of your upper arms, in laymen's terms I permanently paralyzed your arms when I ripped those nerves apart." she said running forward with a pair of kunai in her hands.

Before the man could even move, she threw the kunai right at his feet, or should I say through his feet. The man screamed in pain and Tsunade appeared behind him, with a kunai at his throat ready to cut into at any moment. "Give me a reason to cut your throat I dare you Suna scum." she said.

XxX Jiraiya vs. 3rd Chuunin XxX

Jiraiya threw a kunai, hitting the last Chuunin in the thigh, forcing the man to fall to the ground. Jiraiya then jumped intent on landing on the man's back.

He didn't expect the man to quickly roll over, using the momentum of his leg to knock Jiraiya out of the air and sending him far into the forest.

When Naruto seen this he dashed forward, not to save Jiraiya, but to hurry up and end the man. With his eyes he could see a massive amount of chakra focusing at the man's mouth. He appeared in front of his sensei and held out his hands, just as the man exhaled his, "Futon: Kazekiri (Wind Cutter).

Right before everyone's eyes the technique was absorbed right into Naruto's hands. After the absorption was complete Naruto dropped to his knees, panting in mild exhaustion, 'That first test went better than I had thought.' he thought looking at his hands and seeing all the cuts. 'I would have liked to test it against a water technique though.' he thought getting up.

Hiruzen looked shocked at the blon- silver, "Naruto-kun you can tell me what just happened later. Now I would like to know what's happening with your hair." he said casually throwing a kunai at the Chuunin's head.

After deactivating his Rinnegan, he looked at Sarutobi with confusion all over his face. "What do you mean, what happened to my hair?" he asked comically looking up at the strands of his hair.

"Part of its turning silver, I've noticed the past week that your blondeness was loosing its golden sheen and gaining a little silvery sheen. But I always thought it was the sun." Tsunade said walking up to him after tying her captive up, and looking at his hair.

At this Naruto began thinking about stuff, 'This might be related to a lot of things, the color of my chakra, the disappearance of the Kyuubi a year ago, or my Rinnegan in general. Whatever it is how come I haven't noticed anything in the past year?' Naruto thought before a realization came to him. "Would all of you quit examining my hair." he said slapping Tsunade's hand that was holding a lock of silver.

After that he walked over to the paralyzed and bound Chuunin Tsunade fought. "What is the reason for attacking this group?" he asked the Chuunin.

The man spit on the ground nearby. "I'm not telling you anything Konoha scum."

The hair changing Genin thought for a moment, before taking out a kunai. "You see this kunai?" he asked before that same kunai was found in the other Chuunin's chest, with Naruto's arm still outstretched. "The same will happen to you, if you decide to try my patience."

The Chuunin scoffed, "He was weak anyway, he lost to that brat over there. He deserved to die." he said.

"You lost to a girl, what does that say about you?"

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean?" Tsunade said behind Naruto.

Naruto looked behind him to see Tsunade with her arms crossed, "Uhh, can we continue this some other time? I'm sort of busy extracting information."

"Oh we'll continue this alright." she said walking back to her sensei and Orochimaru.

Naruto looked back at his captive with a frown on his face, "Just tell me the real reason." he said digging into his pouch, pulling out another kunai.

"Fine, I'll tell you." he said looking at the ground, before looking back up at Naruto with a smug look. "My team was assigned to take out the proclaimed Professor of Kon-"

"Bullshit." Naruto said grabbing the man's head. "You know damn well, if your village even wanted to put a scratch on sensei, they would have sent an elite team of DUNES. No, something is wrong with this picture." he said reactivating his Rinnegan and taking a deep breath.

The others stood there is confusion as the man's eyes grew wider than they could possibly imagine, but they themselves couldn't see anything.

"Now I'm going to ask you again, what is your prime objective?"

My team was more of a scouting, lookout, extended border kind of squad. We were making sure nobody was on their way to Suna."

Naruto looked at him funny, "You're not making sense. What is Suna planning?"

"An attack on Konoha, cutting through Ame no Kuni and attacking the village in the cover of night from their north flank." the man answered.

The Genin waited for a while and when he noticed the man not dropping dead, he nodded, "That appears to be the truth. So Suna's planning to cut through Ame no Kuni and invading the village from our north flank. Its smart, we wouldn't be expecting an invasion so early in the war." Naruto said looking behind him to see a large head surrounded by purple flames. Its mouth was wide open and his hand like tongue was out holding the man's tongue. Looking higher into the giant head's eyes you can see the Rinnegan. "When is this invasion going to happen?"

"I don't know the exact day its going to happened, I just know that its not going to happen for a long time. It could be weeks, months, or even years."

The Gedo, or Outer Path, discerned that the man was telling the truth and let go of his tongue, forcing the man to begin gasping for breath, seemingly out of energy and completely exhausted. With its job done the Gedo returned into the ground, going back from whence it came.

Naruto stood up his Rinnegan still activated, "Gedo, may have spared you, but I wont." he said throwing the kunai at the man's head, while deactivating his bloodline, before he looked back at his team and seeing their scared looks.

Sarutobi looked at Naruto with a frown on his face, it was obvious that at times Naruto acted more than his age and thought more maturely, but to actually act more ruthless. Now that was scary for everyone to see.

Tsunade looked as Naruto not only killed one, but two people just to get information out of somebody. She was terrified of the boy, maybe his bloodline was making him this way.

Orochimaru on the other hand looked positively fascinated at how resourceful the Rinnegan was, it had the ability to extract information out of somebody with just a simple glare. It was possibly better than the even more mysterious Sharingan and with no doubt, better than the Byakugan. 'Truly amazing.'

Naruto's mind went a mile a minute, thinking of how he could explain what just happened. "Where's Jiraiya?" he asked looking around for the boy.

This got everybody out of their terrified trance, as they begun looking for the lost boy. Naruto sighed as he walked into the forest, "You have to be careful when you act ruthless like that. Your supposed to be a new, wet behind the ears, but with better skills, six year old Genin." Kushina scolded her son. "But amazing completion of two ocular techniques. You'll no doubtingly be powerful if you keep this up, not stronger than me of course but yeah you'll have power." Naruto could hear the smugness in her voice.

He rolled his eyes while heading straight for Jiraiya's position, he could obviously see a strange and yet somehow familiar kind of chakra signature disappear and reappear over there, so if he knew his sensei's history, he wanted to waste as much time as possible.

XxX Kawa no Kuni Capital XxX

The four Genin sat outside of a building where Hiruzen was talking with the diplomat, most likely getting thanked and receiving a personal reward for the mission.

The dual colored Genin sat twiddling his thumbs waiting for the start of the second mission. His teammates, save Jiraiya, has been avoiding making eye contact ever since his interrogation and thanks to his first childhood he needed some kind of attention.

He turned his attention to Jiraiya, "So Jiraiya, something amazing happened to you recently, huh?" he asked.

Jiraiya couldn't resist nodding, "It sure did." he said whispering into Naruto's ear, and the more that was whispered the more Jiraiya seemed to grin. The grin was contagious and Naruto became grinning.

"Congratulations are in order, but why are you keeping it a secret?" Jiraiya just shook his head and pointed to Sarutobi who was walking out of the building.

"Now that that's settled, I believe we have another mission to complete." he said bending backwards to crack his back. "We can finally speed up the pace so remember your tree climbing exercise and follow me." he said hopping to the rooftops and blasting into the nearby forest, with his team following.

XxX Konohagakure (Hokage Office) XxX

Tobirama sat in his chair holding a piece of paper, sent by his prized student and his team. 'So Suna, when are you going to attack?' he thought to himself.

It was obvious that he should up his defenses everywhere, instead of just focusing on the north, just in case that team was meant to be caught and gave away false information. Also to strengthen his defenses in one spot would only weaken his defenses in another. He came to the decision to keep his defenses the way they were and when the time came to meet Suna head on, in Ame. Fighting would not occur in Hi no Kuni at all. "I'll have to thank Hiruzen for this information, I'll give him something special pretty soon." he said looking at a picture of his brother on the wall. 'Something's going to happen to me soon, I just have to be prepared and take the initiative to make sure this village has a strong leader to lead it to victory.' he thought again looking at his broken tea cup.

XxX Omake Jiraiya's Time Alone XxX

Jiraiya flew through the forest, before his body collided with something hard and yet furry. "Oww." he said sliding on the furry thing.

He heard a roar and immediately jumped off the thing. He turned and seen a bear, as tall as him. He screamed as the bear swung at him. He jumped over the swing, landing on the bears head, and kicking off of it, landing in front of what he believed to be a frog. "What in the world, what's a frog doing fighting a bear?" he questioned out loud.

"I'm not a frog I'm a toad." the amphibian said surprising Jiraiya.

Jiraiya wasn't given the chance to faint as the bear attacked again. He and the toad jumped away from the strike, "You know your pretty big for a toad." Jiraiya commented the toad's size.

"Really, I never noticed." the toad said hopping at the bear and kicking him in the chest.

"Wow that was fast, your not a regular toad are you?" Jiraiya asked as the toad landed near him.

"Really, what gave that away?" the toad asked sarcastically.

"Well first of all, your very rude." Jiraiya said running at the bear and after ducking under said bear's strike he threw a kunai at it, he missed when the bear dropped to all fours.

"Oh please." the toad said, "If you were attacked by a bear, you'll be rude to whoever's around you too." it said hopping over the bear's charge.

"So do you croak or ribbit?"

The toad looked at him like he was stupid, before he chuckled, "You know what, I like you kid." he said putting a webbed hand on the Jiraiya's head.

"Agh that's nasty." he said moving from under the webbed hand.

"How about after the battle, you sign the toad contract." the toad offered.

Jiraiya's eyes widened at the offer and he quickly did a sequence of hand seals, "Katon: Endan (Fireball)" the fireball hit the bear straight in it's chest and it screamed in pain and headed for the nearby river and jumped in. "You're a summon toad?" he asked nearly screaming it in excitement.

The toad only stared in awe at how quick the little kid got rid of the bear. "Yes I am."

"So that's why you can talk." Jiraiya said slapping his forehead. "And your giving me a chance to sign your contract, sweet Kami this is the best first mission in my life." he said falling on his back.

At that the toad disappeared and a second later reappeared with a scroll in hand. He hopped to Jiraiya and tripped, the scroll flying and landed on Jiraiya's stomach. "Ahh." he screamed in surprise at the large scroll. "This thing is huge." he said looking at the red toad. "What's your name anyway?" Jiraiya said unrolling the scroll and properly signing the scroll with the toad's instruction.

"It's Gamaken and sorry for dropping the scroll on your stomach. I'm clumsy."

A/N: I'm finished with this chapter. Next chapter is going to have the rest of the mission, Naruto's talk with Mito, and I'm thinking a time skip.

0