10. Cliff…
1.1k 12 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person PoV:
 
[“Heya everyone! It’s your favourite Wtuber Cliff-chan, the cosmic cliffhanger with more content in stock. Before we dive into today’s story, the continuation of where we left off in the previous chapter, don't forget to smash that astral like button and subscribe for viewing a fascinating journey through the multiverse! Your support is what keeps this story alive.”]
 
The fabric of reality began to twist until an image appeared on it. Glimpses of an entity started to appear on it, but the image was rather distorted. It seemed as though the fabric of reality could not, or rather, dared not try to view the entity more clearly.
 
[“As usual, there is something important to keep in mind. The protagonist of our story is one of ‘Them’. For those who don’t know about them, you are advised to leave this instant. For those who are cowardly, you are also advised to leave this instant. 
 
This program hosted by yours truly is not for the faint hearted. Always be prepared to lose control and meet a fate worse than death if you see something you should not. Watch at your own risk! 
 
Now with that out of the way, let’s observe the marvelous tales of Lady White and ‘Her’ magnificent form as she arrives at the Stellar Spirits & Spirals tavern. Oh, I wish I was one of ‘Them’ just so I can actually observe what ‘She’ looks like. She must be beautiful right? 
 
I wish…” Cliff-chan started fangirling…] 
 
For a moment the screen went blank leaving the audience with the first cliffhanger of the viewing as they desperately wanted to strangle her in order to know what happened next. They were talking about one of ‘Them’ after all. Everyone was curious.
 
Finally a note appeared in the audience’s vision: [We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please wait momentarily.]
 
For how courageous Cliff-chan was in what she did, sometimes the audience wishe she was not, well, what she was. A freaking living embodiment of cliffhanger.
 
[“…Sorry for that everyone. I got a bit sidetracked. Actually, I did not. That was totally intentional on my part.”] The audience was starting to get an urge to send knives to Cliff-chan’s dimensional residence. 
 
[“Now, as I was saying earlier… Oh wait.”] The urge was rising by the second.
 
[“Hmm, someone has just donated a…wait is that a million? Someone donated a million origin coins? Really? Who is this rich lamb to be slaught…I mean, thank you for watching the broadcast. Do you have any requests?” 

Cliff-chan asked as she desperately suppressed the drool that was about to escape from her mouth. ‘I can finally eat some roasted dark young today after 3 cycles. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was totally worth it taking the risk to broadcast ‘Her’.’ She thought]
 
The request…? Well, it could be called that, appeared on the screen: [Zoom in on her so I can see more clearly. Occasionally choose more intimate angles. And if you dare get distracted midway again, know that I will have a special place reserved for you in my home.]
 
[‘Who is this rude viewer? I might grovel and beg in front of you cuz you gave me pocket money, but you are talking about one of ‘Them’ you know? 
 
Are you tired of living? Don’t drag me into your insane fantasies if you are tired of living?’ She thought as she checked the username of the sender. It read {#!#%&*(&^%$#@#.... One with the Abyss As She Should Be}. Most of it was random gibberish except the ending.
 
Cliff-chan started getting goosebumps for an unknown reason but her curiosity got the better of her as she tried to view the user’s information. And well…she should not have, for she will never be the same again. She had seen things that could not be unseen.
 
She closed the user information and started speaking again barely keeping her fiercely twitching face in check: “Aaah….Thank you for the donation, esteemed sponsor. I will definitely meet your requirements. Let’s continue…”] 
 
While all the viewers were confused about the dramatic turn of events, but nevertheless focused their attention on the broadcast once more. 
 
They were a select few of everyone in existence who dared to watch this broadcast for greater gains. They were all experienced old foxes who could sense a situation they must not delve into.
 
***
Shiraori PoV:
 
Location: Planet Uncharted Celestia, Constellation Astral Nexus, Galactic Region- Luminous Crossroads, Dimensional Coordinates- Theta-9, Sector 7, Universal Realm- Celestial Harmonium
 
It had been a while since I arrived in this bar. It certainly did have that otherworldly Cthulhu-esque feel to it. Anyway, I did not have any first-hand experience about any of this stuff except for Li Xue’s memories so it’s all new and good for me.
 
But for whatever reason, my surroundings have gone quiet. I am certain that I restrained my true presence and all higher-dimensional information that comes with it, so theoretically it should not be because of me. 
 
I should appear as normal as they come in their eyes. Just an average powerful sorcerer according to Li Xue’s memories. 
 
Maybe today is some sort of day of silence I did not know about? Well, let’s put that aside and order something first. So I looked towards the silver haired barkeep that was looking down at the glass in front of her.
 
Look, this was the dedication that one should have towards their craft. Even as the guest is in front of you, she did not shake off her focus from examining the drink placed in front of her. I can certainly see the effort she has put into her work.
 
You pass, silver-haired bishoujo lady. I approve of you wholeheartedly. Now hurry up and get me drunk! Thinking of this I placed my order:
 
‘Hmm, give me a little bit of everything here. As for the drinks start from the weakest all the way to the strongest drink you have to offer. Ending with the famed celestial nectar that is brewed in collapsing stars. Of course, if you have something better, I want to try that as well.’
 
For some reason I could see her flinching as my voice reached her mind. Was she so focused on inspecting the drink that she did not even notice me here and was caught off guard? Anyway, that’s none of my business. 
 
“Aa..As yo…u wish!” And after that reply which was nothing more than a whisper, she turned her body and mechanically started moving away. She seemed to have tears in her eyes and was on the verge of crying.
 
I feel that even if you are addicted to your job so much, there is no need to cry just because you were distracted from inspecting a glass of alcohol, right? I was about to lower my impression of her by 2 points, but I thought otherwise.
 
Looking at her pitiful look, I felt like I was a monster who had bullied a pitiful child by stealing her candy or something. Maybe I can go and comfort her later in person. If she talks to me and gets to know me better her impression of me might improve.
 
After all in her eyes, I might look like a powerful sorcerer who wants to kill her but if she gets to know me I might be upgraded from a bully to a dependable onee-san.
 
Truthfully, there was no need to go this far as I was a customer, and the customer is king. But for whatever reason it felt amusing to watch her reactions shift due to my actions. Something as pointless as this served to intrigue me.
 
A part of me was thinking, anyway everything in existence only exists for my entertainment and this girl for whatever reason, no matter how minute they may be, had managed to momentarily catch my eye.
 
I was realizing that my mind was truly not thinking like my prior human self. None of the other living beings in the bar had managed to draw in my attention from when I came here. They were certainly recorded in the deep recesses of my mind but their presence itself was not worth me pondering over them.
 
Just like, I knew microorganisms like bacteria existed everywhere around me when I was a human but realistically, I never truly cared about that. They were too tiny to catch my attention, and my mind glossed over them in my day to day activities.
 
These living beings were essentially the same. There was nothing unique about them to draw my focus. None except this cute little barkeep. And I was okay with this change in my thought process. 
 
It felt normal. Felt like how it’s always been and how it should be. So, I paid this fact no more heed as I waited for my order…
 
***
[“Ha, you expected to see a scene of an outer goddess causing chaos didn’t you? Too bad the broadcast must be cut short on my sponsors orders. A special thanks to my sponsor, the almighty Author-sama who made all this possible. 
 
Grovel in ‘His’ divine presence, you mongrels. Stay tuned for what is coming up in the next chapter with the only Wtuber who is ballsy enough to narrate this story by peeking at ‘Her’, that is me who won the ‘Queen of Storytelling’ award. The one and only adorable Cliff-chan.”] 
 
P.S: It will come soon enough my dear devotees, in about…

65