2 – First prey
143 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I feel myself getting stretched thinner and thinner, I wonder how this is what being spaghettified feels like. I feel intense pressure all over my body, trying to compress me into one thin line. Unfortunately or fortunately my body is already made up of smoke, strings and scribble lines. Such force has no effect on me.'The pressure is really unconfortable though.' It was not long before the pressure goes away. I finally arrived at the dreamscape. The scenery infront is mesmerizing to  see in person. Lushfull green plants all around, clear blue sky and a breathe of fresh untainted air. It was refreshing, no polution, no loud noise, just peace and quiet. 'How do I even breathe when I have no face? Do I even need to breath?' Such thoughts of mine linger for some time before I  focus and roamed around the forest until I found my usual target of observation, the little boar.

It was currently sleeping with it's family. 'Such peacefull expression, I wonder if my family is still alright.' As I continue to stare at the boar, I feel hungry, not too hungry at first. But the longer I stared at it, I can feel myself getting hungrier, salivating at the smell of such creature. I reached out my transformed claws to rip the little being and try to stuff it into my mouth. But before I was able to do so, the boar wakes up and sprinted out from my grasp. Once it was far away, I can see it's body shaking with fear of the unknown, of me. I ignored the child and went back to the den. 'How odd, the other boars are still sleeping. Shouldn't the panicked state of the dreamer influence the other elements as well? And what the hell was I doing before?'

The feeling of hunger remains, but not as bad when I was near the little boar. Perhaps it was the instincts of this body. I ran my hand on the fur of the biggest one. Then I can feel something within. I sense an ethearal glowing wisp inside the body. I set my hand and pierced it. To my surprise, the big board did not flinch nor did it scream, it was still asleep. I grabbed the small wisp, bringing it towards my head. My face constorts before it rips itself. Within the tear, there are pointy 'teeth' that are also made up of lines. I threw the glowing wisp into my mouth and munched on it. 'Hmm, the taste is bland, but it feels like drinking cold water. It feels refreshing.' I liked the feeling of eating the wisps, so I continue to stab and eat the rest of the boars. 

Right after I finish, I saw the tiny little boar standing right infront of the den. It's face full of fear, but if you look closely you could see it's anger right after I ate it's family infront of it. I scanned its body with my new sense, the wisp's size was bigger and it glows brighter than the rest of the boars. I take a step forward, the small child stepped backward. I approach it slowly until it realized that it has no other space left to flee. The space of this then has closed itself, there is no exit for the child to flee. I take one clear look at it, desperation filled the boar's eyes, then it happened. I can see the forest, all turning into the wisps of energy and gather themselves into the boar. 

I saw the small child getting bigger and bigger, its aura changed and it looks intimidating now. The boar channeled the energy around its body and charge itself at me. 'The smell is getting stronger' I changed my arms into sharp blades and jumped above the charging boar. I landed on top of it's body and stabed my hand into it. The boar squeeled it is in agony and tries to shake me off from it's body. 'Futile' I entered the gaping wound and turned myself into the equivalent of blender blades. In my long string like form, I grew small blades all over my body and speeen.

3rd POV

The big boar, winched right after it felt it's body getting pierced by the monster it was facing. It did not know why it had appeared and it didn't like how it ran right after the monster appeared. And it was definetly mad for killing its family members. The boar tried to shake itself to make the monster fall so it could stomp it. However things did not went according to its plan. Instead it felt even more pain. The monster has entered inside it's body. The boar could feel sharp stingging pain in his body and screamed as loud as it can to at least ease the pain. Eventually the young boar could not take the feeling of pain it was experiencing and closed its eyes.  

1st Pov

'Hmm, that was quitete an experience. Slicing fleshy substances with my bare body. I am even surprised that there's substance like that inside a dream.' I emerged from the carcass of the boar and took away it's wisps. 'Wisps are too inconvinient to think, I am just going to call them essence instead.' Just like that I munched on the child's essence. I expected for it to taste the same blandness when I ate the parents. Instead I was greeted with a mildly sweet and sourly flavour. 'A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.' I savored this tastes as I munched on the rest of its essence. Noticing the change in scenery, I saw the sky and ground cracking before they eventually shatter. The world around me slowly transition itself into the familiar white void that I know. 

'This means killing the hosts of the dreamscapes will result in immidieate expulsion from the dreamscape.' I looked at the other windows around me, some I saw a giant castle filled endless amount of gold and treasure, in the centere of it all is a red dragon like creature. I thought about entering there but refused after reminding myself that they have the chance to harm me. So instead, I waited. I would like to see what would happen the boar's dreamscape right after I killed it.

It took a little bit longer then when it usually appears. But the little boar's window was finally back. But I could sense the amount of essence contained within the dreamscape was less then before I entered it. While observing I saw another version of myself hunting and chasing down the poor child. Seeing the after effects of me traumatizing the little kid made me chuckle a little, it was so funny that my jaws ending up opening a bit. ' Oh, what fun. At least I don't have to worry about permanently losing my snack supplies.'

I sat down far from the portal windows and recollect my memories of the events that have transpired. I organized my thoughts and confirmed my 2 new abilities besides shapeshifting. Firstly the essence sensing ability. It allows me to sense the dream like essence that is inside the host as well as their constructs. The second ability of my new self is to influence the surroundings inside the dreamscape according to my intent. How I have not influenced the dreamscape after I enter it and how I managed to influence it right after I cornered the boar seems clear. To influence the surroundings, I need to weaken the mind of the host. Satisfied with my findings. I hopped of towards the windows. 'I hope I can find something fun. This body of mine is unable to sleep. I feel like I might go insane, even though I am sure I wont.'

If you guys want to know what the mc is based about, I took inspiration from a certain race in SSS Class Revival Hunter.
I can't tell you guys what race it is cuz I would spoil the others if I do.

6