8
394 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lance only woke up after a few days since that day. He always would do the same thing after waking up, he would first look for food and when you put together the words 'sewer' and 'food', you can probably guess what he ate. Then he would wander across the sewers till he couldn't advance any further in one direction, changing his direction and repeating it. then finally he would return to the place that he chooses as his base and would whisper in a language that nobody in this world would understand.

On the tenth day in the sewer, Lance began to write in that same language in the sewer walls using a small knife he found in a rotting corpse he found across the sewer. Since that day, he focused only on writing in those walls only exiting his base to get food so he wouldn't die. If one was there with him all that time he would notice that his eyes were always red and each passing day they turned redder and redder.

Days, weeks passed by, and the scars scattered across the Hambright City, making one remember about the clash between an unknown Wind Mage and the Royal Guard, were already covered. In a hidden alley, nobody in the filled streets notices that a sewer lid moved, and from inside came a black skinny boy dressed in only black shorts and a black coat.

After one month, Lance one again saw the sun after so much time. He exited the alley and began walking the streets headed to the gate. The people seeing a black beggar boy walking as if he would pass out in the middle of the street and smelling so bad that there were many flies flying all around of him, tried to stay as far as they could get. Some even pinched their noses and hurled curses to him for being the scum of the kingdom.

Kids and teenagers threw stones and rotten food at him like they were competing on the one that could make him fall. But no matter how many people cursed him, beat him, screamed, or tried to stop him, he didn't stop walking and never fell. Eventually, he reached the gate, where he tried to get out.

The soldiers guarding the gate seeing someone trying to exit without talking to him and even that person being a beggar kid, they smiled at each other and like a storm without any kind of warning, they grab Lance by his arms and took him outside and started beating him. After some time they got bored and left while laughing, but only after they spat on his battered body.

By the time the Day turned into night, did Lance got up from the ground. Although you could see some trembling knowing that he would be suffering from an enormous amount of pain his face was still calm without any ripple of emotion. He began walking and after being far enough to see most of the silhouette of the city he gazed at the city lit by the moonlight. Illuminated by the moon, one could see that Lance's eyes weren't their usual red but completely clear, showing only a pair of eyes so black that if one looked at them long enough they would lose themselves.

'Wait for me. Wait and enjoy your little time left because when I return there won't exist anymore Hambright City in the world and History.'

"Ahahahaaaaa..."

A burst of laughter filled with malice boomed across the wild.

........................................................

Lance began an arduous walk to Flick Village. He knew that the ones that were trying to find him had already probably given up searching for him, so he wanted to return one more time to the village.

Along the way, he made use of everything he learned in the sewers to hunt small animals. By few, he returned to his normal physique and even build some muscle. As he couldn't enter any small village as it would arise suspicion, he stayed in the wild sleeping in caves or where he could rest. 

He also tried to learn about his lightning power. Although without any prior magical knowledge about spells, Lance still could use a bit of lightning mainly to paralyze his prey and slightly raise his speed and reaction. He made use of some scientific knowledge that he knew from his memories to try and develop some ways to get stronger but most of them would cause some kind of danger to him or for others, it wasn't because of his thirst for survival he wouldn't give himself hidden injuries, otherwise, he wouldn't care about anything and on the day he exited the city he would have died together with all the lives living in the city.

The main reason for going to the village was that he still had a tiny sliver of hope that his father had managed to escape his pursuers and made his way to the village, so even if he wasn't there the other villagers would know if he passed there. All those days in the sewers the things that made him hang on to his life were revenge on the guilty and the hope that his father was still alive. He continued the journey with all of that hope in his heart.

...............

After two months on the wild road, he knew based on his memories that he was getting close to the village. When he was only a few miles away from the village, he saw a large column of black smoke emerging from the horizon and he had a very bad feeling about it. His mind didn't want to believe it but in his heart, he knew. He knew that what he didn't want to happen had already been done.

He ran and ran till his legs were about to burst from the pain of all those days walking. When he reached the entrance of the village, what he saw made him stop abruptly in that place. The scene in the village was a scene of evil, pure evil, one that wouldn't exist but in horror stories and on Hell.

In the ruins of the church, there stood a flaming tree where a dismembered body in front of it. When he came closer, he notices that the tree was made not by wood but by the bodies of the villagers. If he really tried he could still see the kind face of the villager's head, the once happy faces of the children that once played near the church and many people that he once knew. 

He began to step closer to that horrible and monstrous vision. Step by step he came closer and although the smell of burned flesh was so intense he couldn't smell anything as his eyes were blank. When he reached it he kneeled before the head. Even without his scalp, his ears, his lips, his teeth, his tongue, his eyelids, and his pierced eyes, he immediately knew that this was his father, the loving and gentle Caius. 

His eyes turned red and he began to cry blood, his muscles bulged while his veins seemed like they wanted to free themselves from his body. Lightning arc began to appear all around him causing craters and molten ground to appear everywhere near him. He gazed at the sky and roar like he wanted to bring destruction to all creation.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH...!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

8