18
210 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the case was an 80 cm white sword with a blackish edge. The sword barely did have a guard to separate the blade from the hilt. 

The hilt was a very simple metal hilt covered with tanned leather, while the thing that attracted most of Lance's attention was the blade of the sword. 

One could see that there were two types of different metals in the blade. From the information, he caught from the dwarves the prototype metal that could withstand large amounts of heat without deforming was only on the sharp edge of the blade while the rest of the blade was of another type of metal. 

If one looked closely, one could see many mana runes on the white part of the blade. From his knowledge, he could see that those runes were the main mechanism that ensured that the sword didn't melt because of the heat as it would help to dissipate by making itself lighter or heavier. 

This kind of mechanism in using runes to alter certain physical aspects of the materials was one of the things that made Lance thrilled about magic. 

With this method, he could upgrade almost all the technologies from Earth and make them several times more efficient and cost-effective. 

Lance grabbed the hilt of the sword and nodded when he felt the fine balance of the sword. He was once again astonished on the talent of the dwarves as they ensured perfect balance even with two different metals. 

He motioned for the dwarves to step back a few meters. He began to infuse the sword with mana. 

He immediately notices that a strange link connecting his mind with the runes on the sword. Through the link, he had control over the runes on it. He raised the sword above the workstation. 

'Heavy' 

When he though that, the sword suddenly turned heavier as the edge began to release large amounts of heat. He let gravity drive the sword's edge against the sturdy workstation and like butter, without any kind of obstruction the sword cleanly cut the workstation. 

'Although a bit substandard to be my personal weapon it still is very cost-effective and could be used by my man. With this kind of weapon they won't have any trouble to face those with Mana Artifacts.'

All around IronBlood Continent, the multiple artifacts ranging from weapons to armor and many other devices, they were all categorized in certain levels.

Common Artifacts, those without any kinds of runes and couldn’t take vast amounts of mana;

Mana Artifacts, those with runes and could take a certain amount of mana empowering with various effects;

Royal Artifacts, Artifacts belonging to kings and could take large amounts of mana, could use it to empower themselves and the user.

Emperor Artifacts, Artifacts belonging to Emperor. Due to the high-level materials and runes, it could further empower the user and the weapon itself and in certain special cases could manipulate certain elements.

Groath approached Lance while he was thinking on all the possibilities of this weapon and said, "Master we also made that other thing that you asked us but we are stuck in the last step."

Lance heard that and he nodded while giving the sword to one of the workers, "Yes, ok. Make that weapon a fitting scabbard. About the other thing, bring me to it, I will finish the last part."

He then followed the dwarves to another room. This room was much more fortified than the other as for one to enter one had to pass a gate. This gate was the epitome of the technology of this world has only those mana prints engraved on the door could open it.

This made it very difficult almost impossible for one to pass this door to the other side. 

The door had many runes printed on it and on the center there was a dent. Groath looked at Lance in confusion while Lance approached the door and put his hand on the dent. After infusing the dent with his mana, the runes on the door began to act like snakes sliding through the door. 

They began to eat each other turning bigger at each bite until it lasted only one single snake. That enormous snake began to surround the dent and when it reached its tail she bit it. The moment the snake bit her tail the whole door rumble as it opened. 

Lance was a bit astonished at the sight of the ouroboros. It seemed that mythological symbols from Earth could have some relation with his reincarnation in this world. 

'[CAT] begin to search about possible rumors or fairy tails pertaining to mythological symbols from Earth and strangers sightings cross-reference them to possible locations.'

[Yes, master]

Before exiting the room were [CAT] was, Lance made a mental link with it to facilitate the knowledge and commands exchange between them. This made his plans for the implantation of chips for the exact same purpose without effect as the time to build that type of technology would still take a while and the mental link was much more secretive and easier to cope with. 

................ 

Inside the room behind the door, there were many machines. Some on a small scale, others on a bigger scale, some with many functions while others with only a single purpose.

All of this made the dwarves stare with both confusion and happiness. Confusion because neither of them could fathom the purpose of any of these machines while happiness for the opportunity to learn about them. This was the first time Groath and Bodvar had come to this room and seen those machines. 

They were the ones that build those machines but they didn't know what was their purpose. 

Lance approach a machine that looked like a big primitive computer. Beside it, there was a hole filled with runes. 

Lance put his hand in the direction of the dwarves. Seeing that Bodvar gave Lance one of the key parts used in the artifacts in this world, the power source, the mana stone. 

When the stone entered the hole, a rumbling sound began to surge from the machine. The big primitive computer screen turned white surprising both Bodvar and Groath. 

'[CAT ] can you enter?' 

[Yes] 

Suddenly the computer began to show many things but it was so quickly that no one besides Lance manages to see it. The things that appeared on the screen where the main code of [CAT] so besides him, there was no one in this world that could possibly build something like this. 

"Groath from this point on when you have some problems in finishing some of the things I ask you to, come to this room and put it and that scanner there." 

He pointed a smaller machine with glass on the sides. 

"You don't need to know anything besides that once you do it, the schematics of the object will appear on this screen and it will help you in building it."

"Anyone besides you two is forbidden from entering this room. You know the consequences of ignoring this." 

Both Bodvar and Groath nodded in panic. Since those days in the cave, they both worshipped and feared Lance like a God. 

Lance looked at the panic in their eyes and sighted. He knew that the black bead wasn't all-powerful. 

While letting the dwarves inside the room to explore those new machines he thought, '[CAT] monitor those two. At any sign of betrayal notify me immediately.'

[Yes, master.] 

.......... 

In the center of the city, in a random alley, a figure was entering a small and poor house. Inside at a table, he saw that there were three other people. 

He walked towards the only vague chair. After a moment of silence, he said in broken sentences, "We... Are gathered... Here to... Speak about... Our plans of... The new power." 

One of the figures, one that stinks of blood said, "We all know about that. We have eliminated everyone that tries to steal what is ours!" 

The same figure with broken speech looked at the man. The man immediately became silent as he felt if he said one more word the person to be eliminated it would be him. 

" We... Have... To... Deal with... Valhalla group... They... Are threatening... Our rule... Over the... City! All of those... In favor... Of killing them... Raise their hands." 

All of the figures raised their hands. 

.............. 

On the way to Ragnarok Group, Lance was completely in the dark of the impending life-threatening event coming to take his head. 

 

4