2
860 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment he heard that voice it was like a bucket of cold water. He never thought that the one that gave him all the means and confidence to achieve the unachievable was now the one to take that away.

"Pull him up!"

The frigid voice sounded as the five burly men pulled Lance up. Feeling the pressure on top of him lessen he tried to look up towards the owner of the voice.

The owner of the voice was a man in his late forties with a striking scar across his face. Lance in fear of mistaking the face he blinked many times in hope of been mistaken. Only after confirming countless times that it was him did Lance finally gave in.

He looked at the frigid man and sighted.

"Why? Why are you doing this Rudolf? What d...?"

Out of nowhere, a fist made its way to his belly. It was so powerful that Lance lost all air inside of him spending the next seconds gasping for air like a thirsty man looking for water.

The Sergeant William like ghost appeared beside Lance and it's eyes were spewing fire as he looked at the gasping old man.

"You bastard, you piece of shit! For you piece of garbage, it's President Rudolf! You saying the name of the Great President, the person that will lead humanity out of the grasp of death and lead us to salvation is like smearing shit on all humans face! It's the worst and evilest insult! If you dare to say it one more time...!" 

Sergeant William clenched his fist while his joints made popping sounds due to the force. This was type of person that would follow blindly and act evilly.

"Now, now, there's no need of such a barbaric and violent means. I'm sure my friend here will surely behave himself, am I right? After all, what can he possibly do in such situation?"

President Rudolf gazed amicably at Lance. Lance for one second thought when he looked at the President he didn't saw a human but one of those ancient foxes that would employ any mean to trick humans to be their food.

Lance stayed silent and only gazed at the fox like man. Seeing the defying on the old man, William took a step closer to Lance with his fist raised but before he could enact his punishment a hand barred his way.

"Stop."

"But, he..."

William looking apologetic tried to talk back but when he looked at smiling face of the President he felt like a dagger was on top of his heart and if he said anything anymore he would put his life in danger.

Lance smirked showing his contempt at William. William was the type of shit the bullied the weak and cowered before the strong. But seeing that smiling face he also sighted in disgrace since it was the same face that had tricked him for so many years.

"Rudolf, why are you doing this?"

Hearing once again Lance calling the President without honorifics he bit his teeth but thinking about the smiling face of the President and his possible reaction  he didn't dare to move. 

Rudolf smiled hearing the feeble voice. The voice of the man that led the scientific panorama in achieving the impossible and that now seemed a voice of an old man at death doors. He called one of his men to bring a pair of chairs which he sat on one.

"Please." He indicated to Lance to sit on the chair. Lance sat without showing any sign of disobedience.

"Well there's not much to say about. Me and some other will take this humanity saving research and will make it available to everyone, giving them all a chance of boarding the shuttle to new future."

"Ehee... You surely don't think I would believe in that philanthropist talk. I wouldn't take you for someone that stupid, so spare a favor to me and stop with all that shit talking." Lance sneered at the hypocrite answer. This man that made him a pig chasing a carrot for so many years won't have that kind of motivation,

"If I'm not mistaken about you, I think that you will have some hand on the backstage of the process of the salvation of humanity. Perhaps you will exchange a place in the shuttle for some benefits."

"Well, you aren't so naive."

Rudolf clapped his hands at the response of Lance.

"You know if I was anybody else aiming for the title of the philanthropist perhaps I would really think in saving humanity without receiving any kind of reward, but you see as you know I'm not like that. I believe that its a price for everything ans do I will also follow that premise in this situation."

"What are you talking about?!... You cant possible thinking about...!" Lance at first looked confused but after thinking about a major fact he looked terrified.

"Yes, exactly! You see most of the population will have free access to a seat in the shuttle heading out of the planet. But there's a type of person that will have to be put through tight screening process, the criminals. The minor offenders will only have to pay a fine to be able to purchase a seat in the shuttle while all the other will have to stay in the planet awaiting for their final days alive. I'm just trying to give a fair chance for everybody to save themselves." President Rudolf laughed as he spread his arms.

"What are you thinking? Are you saying that for those corrupt people, criminal organization bosses and some of the worst killers that have a bit of money you'll give them a place in shuttle! Those people don't deserve it! All they know its to take all the benefits for themselves and not anybody else!" Lance's face turned white after hearing the plan of the President of gaining power and money by exchanging them for a place in shuttle.

"Well, I'm also one of those people, Lance. My initial idea of coming here was making you follow me but seeing you're reaction I think I failed, so there's no reason for you to remain alive." He pointed towards the men behind Lance.

"Kill him!2

"Ahahahahahaaaa..."

Before the men could move, Lance began to laugh crazily. 

The President furrowed his brow. A person in face of his impeding death wouldn't laugh beside those crazy people.

"Why are you laughing, Lance?"

"Ahhaaaaahahahahaha...."

Lance ignored Rudolf as he continued to laugh. He was laughing so hard that tears began to appear in his eyes while the face of the President Rudolf began to darken.

"Why are you fucking laughing, you bastard? Whats so funny, you crazy bastard!?"

"Ehee..." Lance stopped laughing while he cleaned his eyes. he crossed his legs and put his hands on top of them.

"You see, dear President. I would never though that you would have this so finely planned but that doesn't mean I wasn't prepare for something like this. CAT begin PROCEDURE-A15!"

[Roger! Beginning transmission of all the events that happened in this room since the fall of the head researcher. Transmitting the images to all the personal devices of all the people of the world.]

Hearing that metallic voice, the faces of everyone in that room beside Lance turned white. They  began running towards the door but before they could exit the room the door closed.

"Wh... what are you thinking?! Let us out if not I will make you wish you were dead!" President Rudolf screamed as craziness and fear took over him. That calm and frigid person didn't exist anymore being replace by a deranged beasts looking for a way to survive and escape.

"Do what you want. I wouldn't live anyway." Lance closed his eyes as a tranquil smile appeared his face.

[Sending all relevant information about space travel and space navigation to other relevant personnel. Begin countdown for explosion!]

Hearing that voice, Rudolf seemed to lose 10 years in that instant.

[10,9.8,..]

AHAHAHAAA

Screaming resounded through the laboratory. The President, William and the five burly man were trying everything to open that door either by smashing with anything that wasn't stuck to ground or by pressing any bottom in the main computer.

[..5,4,3,2,...]

Only Lance felt a terrifying calmness in everything that was going on and what would happened. He looked at the despair of the President, William and five burly man and felt nothing.

'They got what they deserved. Aa... I only wished I could have lived more to unravel the truth of the cosmos.'

Lance sighted as he looked at the countdown reaching 1 and closed his eyes, hoping to face death with a smile.

[...1,0]

BOOOMMM

 

 

 

11