Rebuilding the Uchiha 2
356 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been three weeks since the Uchiha massacre, rumors were spread, national tensions raised. Hiruzen sat at his desk, his pipe smoldering. Kaze had just left his office, his eyes still disturbing as ever. A plethora of D and E ranked missions were sent out to help clean up the Uchiha compound. All of them put forth by Kaze, the single stipulation was any ninja who took it would work under either a Nekomata, Nohara or Uchiha. 

Several things had happened, the crime rate had skyrocketed, he ordered the Anbu to step in to keep the peace. What was left of the police force was rapidly recruiting, Kaze should have had his hands full. Kaze had killed three more ninja, he had found snooping around his current residence. They couldn't have risked a civil war with the Uchiha clan, but that didn't mean he had to like the fall out of what had happened. So many problems for one ninja.

“What did you think, Ruri?” he asked the Anbu standing behind him.

“He has changed, more composed than the day of the massacre. He is more visceral now, to him it is the same game just different stakes, higher stakes. He’s been looking through civilian ninja records, likely doesn't trust clan ninja, for whatever his plan is.” she responded, touching upon their agreed topics.

“Yes his ‘plan’, that boy has had a plan sense he could crawl, no what I am concerned with is how his goals have changed.” he responded. 

“His goals, Lord Third?” she asked.

He took another huff off his pipe, “That boy has been trying to integrate the Uchiha into the village for the last fifteen years. He spoke out against their planning for rebellion. Kaze has spent the last fifteen years trying to make as he called it earlier the high road work with his goals, and now it has failed, he’ll take the low road, if he sees a problem he’ll remove it.”

“So if we know what his current goal is, then we can make sure he doesn't see our valuable assets as roadblocks. I’ve lost several good ninjas over this, why not label him a traitor? He's killed his fellow Leaf ninja.” she queried.

Hiruzen sighed, “The Uchiha have always coveted the Hokage position, and after the sanctions after the Nine Tails attack. They didn't have the patience to wait, they’d seen themselves set back years, probably decades, in their bid, and if Kaze is to be believed over something they didn't do.” he deflected.

“So an entire clan destroyed over politics.”

He pulled out a file on Obito Uchiha. Student to the fourth Hokage, his team sent away on a series of dangerous missions, until only Hatake lived. Anyone who read the file could see the foul play a mile away. Everyone involved in said foul play on the surface was dead. That was what tipped Hiruzen off, almost all of them deemed accidents by the police force. The Uchiha Police Force. Kaze’s police force.

Danzo had pointed it out to him shortly before the massacre. All the subtle signs, missing people, opposition slowly being removed, the sheer amount of money the Uchiha had. Said money now in the hands of Kaze, and his clones. All of it pointed that they were in the final stages of preparation for their coup. 

Yet if Obito was alive, revenge was to be expected. The whole situation took a different light. He understood now, he wasn't going to live for much longer. Between the Sannin breaking up and now Kaze, the village was in for lots of turmoil in the near future. Then there was Danzo plotting in the shadows.

They couldn't get rid of Kaze, it wasn't a question that they could afford it, it was the simple question of ability. From what their long distance sensor Ninja reported, he slept with shadow clones awake. It was getting harder and harder to sense whatever went down in the basement levels of the new Uchiha house. He also wasn't sleeping alone. The house was also built oddly, thick walls, and sturdy.

“Would an Uchiha Hokage have been so bad?” Ruri asked.

“Probably not, Kaze would have made a great Hokage, might still be one. Some would have been terrible for the village, but the same can be said for the majority of the Ninja of Konoha.”

“You think he’ll make a bid for Hokage?”

“To him only three people matter, Mito, Kanna and Sasuke. Every one else in the village could up and die and he wouldn't bat an eye. He’ll stick around in the village long enough for Sasuke to graduate from the academy.” He deflected again with a vague answer.

“There were rumors he was going to start a branching clan from the Uchiha, settle down and have lots of kids.” She reminded him, she had noted a surprising number of conventionally attractive female ninjas, in the files Kaze had pulled.

“Kaze has always had the Uchiha pride, if he sees it as the honorable thing to do, then he will do it. But considering how he used to pine after that Hyuga girl, and what happened to her, it’s anyone's guess.”

Ruri recalled her from Kaze’s file, the complete for the Hokage's eyes only file. A branch member of the Hyuga, hadn't left the compound in three and a quarter years. She had two kids in that time and was pregnant with a third one. Noted as Kaze’s Achilles heel, during his early teen years. 

She felt a certain amount of pity for Kaze, then she recalled the number of Anbu he’d killed, the sheer amount of them who where in the hopsital, and moved on. 

“How should I address him killing Anbu?” she asked.

Hiruzen took another drag off his pipe, blowing a smoke circle, he sighed, “You sent out orders to avoid his current residence, right?”

“Of course Lord Third.”

“Then it is settled. They disobeyed orders and died as a result.”

“So he can just kill whoever he wants?” she practically screamed.

These were good men and women who had died, people she had trained. These were not Root or spies but good honest ninja.

“Yeah, he can. The best ninjas Konoha has, can’t kill him, he won his spars and training matches even before the massacre, and his mutated sharingan has gotten even stronger. In the notion of full honesty, if I got the three Sannin and we fought him head on, we’d win. Problem is, he will never fight us head on, and that's assuming Orochimaru came back for the fight.” he explained louder and louder.

He huffed and coughed on his smoke from his pipe. It gave him enough time to calm down. 

“Before we could have used some Uchiha clansmen as hostages to force him to fight, but now they’re all dead. All his people have talismans with that space time Jutsu he made.”

“I thought that was the Flying Thunder God Jutsu, that's what it says in his file, or does he have another space time Jutsu?” she demanded, now there were even higher clearance files she wasn't allowed to read.

“He made his own, based on summoning and reverse summoning contracted beasts, same end result either way. Smear a bit of blood on the diagram and it will take you to the matching one. All the surviving Uchiha have been reported wearing them, even some of their allied clan members now wear them.”

“So it's not the Flying Thunder God Jutsu, because I’ve had the Anbu on the look out for odd shaped kunai. And now I find out we should be looking or summoning diagrams?”

Hiruzen gave her a moment to think about it, packing some more tobacco into his pipe. It took her a minute to get it.

“How hard is his technique?”

“From what Itachi said before this, it was pretty easy according to Kaze. If you can do a summoning contract you could move through space and time.”

“So is it some forbidden technique that’ll enslave the user or something?”

“No, there were no side effects reported when he demonstrated it to The Uchiha, by passing a series of objects and living creatures back and forth. After making it he refused to pass it off to others. Diagrams and scrolls become unreadable after activation and deactivating them renders them unreadable. The ones he’s passing around now seem to be a more advanced version.”

“So we can’t kill him, and he can just up and disappear at any time and be anywhere.” she took a deep breath, “How am I supposed to keep the Anbu under control, when they fear him more than they respect the village?”

Hiruzen tapped a button to call in another Anbu. A man appeared next to him kneeling ready to receive orders. Not a speck of skin showing. He could have been a puppet for how still he kneeled.

“Ask him, he went to the academy with Kaze, maybe he’ll have insight in how to proceed.”

Ruri looked at the Hokage’s personal Anbu messenger boy, who was outside her line of command, “So how should I deal with the fact that most of the Anbu under me have less respect for the village than they have fear of Kaze?” she reiterated.

He mulled it over for a bit, then spoke “Go ask him, he used to gripe about communication, hated when people made assumptions about his assumptions. Bring your Anbu and ask him point blank, straight up, no metaphors, no fancy word games, what he considers worthy of death right now." he took a second "Word has gotten around about those three he killed, from what I understand they were trying to get inside his house. I’d imagine him living with three people who had ninjas sneak into their homes and kill their families and clan, they’d react lethally. He came here, told you and took the blame for it. That he didn't do it but took the blame is going to be the common consensus on why he visited today.”

He looked to Lord Third who nodded, so he continued “It's common enough in ninja who take especially lethal missions, or fight a lot, after a bad enough fight, they just can’t let it go. Common folk call it being war trapped.”

Ruri looked at Hiruzen, “Do you agree?”

“Yes I do, Kaze did not kill those ninja, even in the throes of grief he kept his kills clean and quick. They died quickly but not cleanly.”

She nodded, “Then we go after them for this, they can’t just kill ninja in the village because they come too close to their house.”

The Anbu errand boy and Hiruzen looked at her like she was an idiot. The Hokage took several long puffs from his pipe. The Anbu started to look at her with pity behind his mask.

Finally after thinking about how to proceed Hirizen spoke, “If you did that, what would Kaze do? Really think about it, what would he do if you attempted to lock up what remains of the Uchiha.” he decided to spell it out some more seeing the confusion on her face, “What would you do if the village killed your entire family, extended and all, in a debatable if they deserved it or not situation, say some of them where planning a rebellion? Try and see yourself as Kaze.”

She huffed in disdain, then settled down to think it through, “I’d distrust the village, some of the ninja who were in the Uchiha compound are missing.”

Hiruzen smiled slightly, he always did like teaching.

“In his eyes, this wasn’t justified. I went back over the old intelligence reports and reread them. The Uchiha clan was split on if they wanted to rebel, to him we cut down the tree because of some bad apples.” he tried to explain.

Ruri had always been loyal, ever since they found and brought her clan in, she had been grateful. It was one of the many things that could be traced back to Kaze. She was loyal, yet it wasn't because she was grateful, it was because her mental algorithm for traversing social situations said to be grateful, and loyal. For her, everything goes in its rightful box, the Hokage does good for the village, Anbu keeps his interests. Root does secret stuff, and Ninja take missions and follow orders.

“Why are we talking about this?” she finally asked.

“I am old, I’m not going to live much longer, Orochimaru, Kaze, or old age are going to get me one of these days. You run the majority of the Anbu, you will be here after I am gone, and you’ll need to understand what's going on when the next Hokage comes to office.”

She took a steading breath, “And you think Kaze might be the next Hokage?”

“He is the head of the police right now, and has been for the past two years. He’ll take a political hit over the increased crime rate, so no not the next Hokage, but the one after that.”

“Will Kaze be a problem for the Anbu the whole time?” 

“No, he’ll only be a problem during my tenure as Hokage, if I stepped down tomorrow, he’d be in here with the next Hokage hashing out exactly how life would be for the Uchiha.”

“And so would I as the leader of the main Anbu units.”

“Exactly, I gave you that position because you do your job and you do it well, but dealing with Kaze will take a different approach. If he leaves the village even with his mutated Sharingan, all of the other major villages would take him in. It likely wouldn’t be a long life if he did that, but it would lead to the Land of Fire’s death.”

“How did we go from Kaze defecting to the death of the Land of Fire?”

“He likely took the bodies missing, or at least some of them. To use for Edo Tensei, he likely believes he can perfect it, true resurrection. Part of why I gave it to him, and the fact if I didn't Orochimaru would. If he left, he’d breed till he had another clan, whichever village he is in at that time would likely kill him off as a loose end after that, try to kill him off. If we can’t kill him I doubt they could either.” 

He waved the errand boy away, once he was gone he continued, “Red eyed clans would likely pop up in all the villages except Konoha. Give it a couple of generations, and we fall dangerously behind.”

“The majority of Uchiha are monogamous, no?”

“That's not a bloodline thing, well it is and isn't. It's a side effect of their elevated emotions due to their bloodline.”

“More of a guideline than a rule, understood.” she nodded to herself.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

 

I listened in on the bug I’d left in the Hokage's office, they were discussing me. They likely knew I was listening to it, wouldn't have let that Anbu hear it otherwise, unless they wanted to spread rumors. They kept using bits and pieces of what I had said to them before, the phrase the high road among others, stood out. I debated using some resources to head off said rumors, but decided it wasn't worth it for now.

I walked through Konoha’s streets, with the Uchiha symbol proudly on my back. People whispered as I passed by, like I wouldn't hear it. The official rumor was Itachi Uchiha killed the clan with help from outside ninjas dressed up as Anbu, and that they had absconded with some clan members.

It took over an hour of patrolling for somebody to work up the courage to talk to me. A small child asked me to help them find their parents. Kid probably didn't even know the Uchiha had been killed, just saw an officer and asked them for help. They couldn't have been older than four. After asking around a bit and letting people know what was going on I asked where they lived and ran them home. Left a shadow clone with the child, it brought it up to eight clones out and about. This one had orders to keep patrolling till it ran out of chakra, or dawn came whichever was sooner.

There were very few on desk duty, I knew crime was running rampant. The civilians suffering, every single crime was just another reason I was going to kill Danzo. Everywhere I or one of my clones went, crime died down. I even had some of the surviving officers henged as me walking around. Manpower was the biggest problem right now, the Anbu who were supposed to be helping just kinda hid and watched. It was what they were trained to do though. They did stop murders, rape, and violent crimes when they saw them, not so much drug deals or theft, or disturbing the peace in a non violent way. I'd ran into several flashers.

I had several ninja training new recruits. On the bright side I got to revise the program a bit, adding in some police techniques I remembered from a lifetime before. They’d be better trained compared to previous classes of new recruits.

I had a clone working on figuring out if I could use human shaped puppets to make clones. It should be possible. The idea was to use them to greatly lower the amount of Chakra needed. Even ten more of myself walking around would be a great help, but say fifty or a hundred? They were mainly looking at adapting the shadow clones' information transfer to earth clones for now. It would be useless if I didn't know what was going on. The biggest problem with shadow clones, was they split chakra equally among the summoner and the clone.

I, the main body went home around midnight, with what happened to the Uchiha the night life was dead. My two clones in the basement popped themselves. A rush of information hit my head. I had a vague recollection before, but now it was like I lived it, abet distanced at the same time. There was a certain emotional and mental distance from the memories built into the Jutsu, to help keep the user sane.

They had both made great leaps in their research, it seemed that by the end of the week I’d be putting in orders for the puppets. I made a mental note to add some basics on puppetry to the police training program. The other clone had read several books on cloning, both as a Jutsu and as a science. Most of the relevant information came from reading about rejuvenating necrotic tissue. The sooner I had more Uchiha up and about the sooner I could relax a bit. 

Taking off my shoes at the door, I summoned four more clones, two to research and two to guard throughout the night. Mito was staring at me with her three tomoe Sharingan, watching my every action, with just a bit too much attention.

“Don’t try that clone technique, it’ll probably kill you. It has a nasty side effect of insanity, sometimes the clone thinks they’re the original and kills the original. People who use it too much often get brain aneurysms.”

“Insanity?” she asked, worry clear in her eyes.

“They forget who did what as a clone and the original. Ends up reclusively sending out clones to do stuff, takes a certain amount of mental discipline, and planning to avoid. It's not something you want to impulsively do.” she nodded, eyes still spinning.

I could feel my clones, and my clone’s clones. All working towards the same singular goal.

I walked up and gave her a hug, “If you have your heart set on it, I will teach you, but in the meantime, start taking note that you're awake and how you got where you are in the day, just run through what happened from waking up to then. Do it long enough and it will become a habit, and you’ll start doing it in your dreams, and realize you are dreaming. Helps with Genjutsu too.”

“Is that why you smile when you sleep?”

It was like a punch to the gut. I held her tighter. I felt like this was a parenting moment I was not equipped to handle. I didn't even know I smiled when I slept. I pushed her away when she started breathing heavily and rubbing her face on my chest.

She was slightly flushed, “I’ll be honest I am tired, I’ve had several clones of myself running around all day, I feel like I’ve lived this day ten times over. I didn't know I smiled when I slept, I got nothing. My dreams come in all shapes and sizes, if you saw me smiling it was probably because I had you or Kanna in my arms.”

“Yeah Kanna was smiling too, you sure it wasn't a post sex thing?”

That's when the illusion shattered. I remembered kicking her out of bed, telling her she’d have to wait till she was older, or at least till she was no longer a Genin. It didn’t stop her from peaking in on Kanna and I apparently. I’d tell Kanna in the morning and let her deal with it.

Mito knew she messed up, if her face was anything to go by, “Can we keep that secret? Please pretty please?”

“This is between you and Kanna. I don't really care.”

“Oh thank you thank you.” she grinned like a loon, it was gonna be funny in the morning seeing the despair on it.

I knew Kanna had heard every word, when she peeked around the corner in her nighty. A glare on her face. It was cute. She knew I would be shared among several kunoichi, but for now I was hers alone.

“Kanna, tomorrow?” I glanced at the clock it was after midnight, “Later you know what I mean.”

She huffed, “You got lucky,” she stuck her tongue out at Mito, then came over and held my arm.

She led me back to her room. Every bedroom had a western style bed in them, and a connected bathroom. It's the little things in life, a nice bed, a hot shower. It was different, solid walls, great sound proofing. It was unfamiliar to them. It wasn't home but it would be.

I stripped, got into the bathroom and showered quickly. Coming out with wet hair, she was in bed, posing, trying to be seductive. I crawled in, and laid down ready to sleep. My body was willing but my mind was tired. So many memories to go through, so many distant thought streams.

Her hands soft on my skin, her arms wrapped around me like armor. Her breath on my chest, a lullaby of safety. Her hand started to caress my chest, while she watched my face for a reaction. 

Tired, I wanted little more than to simply go to sleep. That madness in the back of my head suggested telling her I regretted telling them of the plan to plant my seed far and wide. It was necessary, and they agreed on that, but actually doing it. 

She sat atop my hips, “Tonight I’ll do all the work, you just rest.”

She didn't stop for hours, I saw the door cracked open, a single red eye watching. The fact the tomoe was spinning, just added on to the regret. 

“Kanna, Mito was watching the whole time, and last time, isn't that something we should address?” I asked, at three in the morning, as she laid atop of me, exhausted. 

“Hmm? No better she learns now, she’ll be the one in here after I get pregnant.”

“You're not just saying that because you don't want to get up and deal with it?”

“Sweety, I couldn't get up if I wanted to.”

“I just wanted to get to sleep holding you close.”

“I don’t dream if I’m exhausted.” she snapped.

I kissed her smothering her anger, “Did you at least enjoy it?”

She smirked, “Oh, some one's self conscious.”

“Three hours, if you didn't enjoy it then there was no point, unless you were showing off for Mito.”

“Maybe it was both? I wouldn't have moaned your name, if I wasn't having a good time.”

I nodded, she continued after seeing my understanding, “You said we should talk during and after, in the pursuit of better communication. So, what did you like best?”

“That you wanted it.”

She barked a laugh, “That I wanted it? Really?

“Really, you were into it, I wasn't and I apologize, but I’m having trouble keeping awake, but that you wanted this showed throughout all of it.”

“So you saying you’d fuck any girl who decided to drag you to bed?” she said sitting up, anger in her voice.

I sat up, grabbing her shoulders, pinning her down. Her anger evaporated, as her legs wrapped around me. I took a breath and settled my mind. A sheen of sweat covered her, she was trying to hide her heavy breathing. Her face was flush.

“Let's take a shower and go to my room, sleep somewhere clean.”

She tightened her grip on me, “No, this is proof of us. I want to enjoy it.” she enunciated every word.

“Can I at least throw down a towel?” the bed was wet.

She smirked, and a bipedal cat came in from the bathroom holding up some towels. I scowled at it as it approached. Little voice in the back of my head said there was a hammock in the woods just waiting for me.

“Oh get, get over it, if you're going to bring back the clan. People are going to see you at it.” The cat thing, laid down a towel for me, “You even said they have Hyuga watching us.” she said.

I tensed, “Forgot about that, once I get the basement properly warded I’ll add stuff to the rooms, give some real privacy.”

“Hyuga have been watching the village our whole lives, not like they-” she stopped, furrowed her brows, “Ok, yeah, I get why they get those looks on their faces now.”

I nodded, “Yeah, there is almost certainly someone standing beyond my sensory range watching us.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hyuga Tanno watched the target, noting ‘three hours, and she was still willing to go after a full day of training’, that was stamina. She wrote down everything that happened to the target, especially in relation to the Target, throughout the day. Her shift started at midnight. It would end at noon. For twelve hours she sat in a room full of Jonin women, and watched the Target. Next to her sat Shizune, her cousin, and fellow Hyuga clan member, who was assigned to the other female living with the Target. Next to them sat an Aburame girl, who was conversing with her swarm trying to gather information about the house and basement.

“God fucking shit damnit.” she snapped, her voice muffled by her coat, when she noticed the stares of the other watchers she explained, “Those two clones have made it a game to find and trap my bugs, I’m out. They managed to get every single one I sent.”

“So how are you going to get them back?” Mika Itan of the seduction corps asked.

She was pretty, had dark almost black blue hair. Short, barely four feet tall, with large breasts for her size. She had a pretty face. The only mar on it, was a small scar running through her eyebrow, that looked more like a fashion statement than a mark from a wound.

“No Idea, I’ll have to visit the forest and collect more. That's going to be painful.” The aburame girl said.

Tanno looked around, and not for the first time noted how attractive every member of the team was. 

Mika, proposed her idea, “Why don’t we just go ask for them back in the morning. It’d give me a vector of approach. It stands a good chance of getting your bugs back.”

“Have you decided what you're going to wear?” Shizune asked her.

“Kusari top, with a loose crop top over it, and short shorts.”

“With your ninja pack on your lower back to hide your lack of an ass?” Tanno chimed in.

“Well yeah on the lower back, not to hide my ass, I’ll have you know I have a very nice ass.” Mika rebutted.

“You are planning on letting him pound his hips into it.” The Aburame girl said quietly.

“Orders from on high, at least he’s cute this time.” Mika responded.

“So how far are the orders, gonna settle down and raise some red eyed brats?” Tanno asked, as she watched Kanna cuddle up to Kaze in bed.

“Just that I am supposed to enter into a stable sexual relationship with him. It didn't have an end time, just a deadline.”

“Oh got a get fucked by date?” The aburame girl chuckled.

“They’re pretty common in the Seduction Corps.” Shizune said.

“And how would you know that?” Tanno asked her.

“Dan Kato, I used to help him in his pursuit of the Senju princess.”

“Wait dead dude Dan, that guy who used his Yin Possesion Jutsu to possess woman and fuck them?” Mika growled.

“I didn't know he did that.” Shizune said, looking guilty, “It was orders, easy missions back when I was a Chunin. High pay low risk.”

“I’m not blaming you, just know when he died there was a two week long party in the seduction corps, and we celebrate his death every year.” she responded.

“So this Dan guy was pretty fucked up.” a new voice chimed in.

Another girl, dressed in Anbu attire, came into their spy room.

“It's been four hours, is there anything to report?” she asked, all business

“Aburame here lost her bugs, Kanna and Kaze fucked for three hours, Mito watched. Two of his clones have been patrolling around his house. Did you have any luck in getting sound from inside the house, we could learn alot from conversations?” Shizune asked.

“No, that is Mika’s job, to get access to the house and keep tabs on the Target.” the Anbu girl shot back.

“Any luck with electronic listening devices?” the Aburame girl asked. 

She shook her head, her mask shifting a little. She took a second to realign the eye holes, and tighten down the straps. 

“Anyone else find it weird that they sent only women to watch him?” Tanno asked.

The morning Anbu spoke up, “The target has a history of mercy against female combatants while in the field. Should this operation run foul of him, we stand a better chance of surviving than a group with even a single male combatant.”

“Don’t they train that out of you in the academy?” Mika asked, notebook in hand.

Anbu locked in on Mika’s notes, “You should ask for his Anbu file, jist of it, he’s always been a bit weird even for a Uchiha.”

“Weird how, like crazy weird, bad parents weird, or?” Mika quickly asked.

“The kind who makes his own Jutsu, the report said, "Esoterically Obsessive”. Knows a whole lot about things only a few know. Takes pride in knowing these things.” The Anbu provided.

“So I should show interest in out of the box knowledge?” Mika asked.

“No, not unless you know something or want to know about them. There was an ops, similar to this one, when he created his space time Jutsu. He made every operative because they didn't know what they were talking about.” Anbu clarified, forgetting to mention she was involved in that operation.

“I think she meant, for her mission, to seduce him, not the observation part.” the Aburame girl said.

Anbu snapped back, “Oh, no idea, you're the expert in seduction, I pay for my pleasure, easier that way.”

“No emotional attachments, no pain when they run off with a younger, bigger boobed, and rich, kunoichi.” Shizune added.

“No, not at all, I’ve tried ninja and civilians, but Anbu life doesn't make for healthy relationships. Better to spend a little to get somebody skilled for comfort for a night and move on.” Anbu tried to defend.

Anbu almost always got weirdly open on missions like this. The sheer secrecy of their lives, and the anonymity of the masks made for odd interactions. Everybody has or heard a story about Anbu just confessing weird stuff, or treating the other ninja like therapists. 

“Kaze there is skilled enough for me, three hours, and she didn't get bored must be doing something right.” Mika said, lightening up the mood.

Anbu life wasn't for everyone. The Anbu girl sunk back into her professional demeanor. While the two Hyuga got back to work observing the house from a distance. The Aburame girl simply waited. The majority of her swarm was captured and she wasn't willing to risk the few she had left, on a close to zero chance of gaining any information worthwhile.

18