Prologue
273 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

******

Terrifying.

 

That was the only remaining thought present in every soldier's head.

These soldiers, who were trained and prepared for the absolute worst-case scenario were nothing in front of this monstrosity. They were told of its exploits and feats -if they could even be called that. Put simply, rather than the adventures and heroics that they were made out to be, they realized that it was merely mindless slaughter. 

In front of them, in front of the monster that they were told to capture, they were unable to move. Not because of how brutal or how evil it looked, no. 

They literally couldn't move.

Due to some unseen force or power, the soldiers were unable to advance and as a result, they were simply lambs to the slaughter. With each one unsure as to who was next, the fear that the men were facing had inevitably broken them, with many of the battle-hardened veterans quietly sobbing.

Even in the face of these grown men crying, the monster continued to kill, tearing them apart as if they were mere scraps of paper.

"...please, just kill us already..."

In response to this heartfelt plea, the monster had suddenly turned its head to the source of the voice...

 

...and smiled.

 

With an expression that could only be described as distorted, the monster then resumed its rampaging amongst the cries of absolute despair surrounding it.

******

 

4