Could This be the Result of Flexibility?
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Nokia Arena used to be the home of the San Diego Rockets, but this once "desolate" stadium has come to life again with the arrival of the Cardinal and Longhorn teams.

This city, so close to Mexico, still holds a strong passion for basketball. If it weren't for some other factors, there might have been two NBA teams here... both the LA Clippers and the Houston Rockets have their roots here.

The "Bruce Li's Heroic Rescue of the American Sweetheart" incident had a significant impact on this game.

This garnered Li Zhen a great deal of praise and a warm welcome.

Even as Li Zhen entered the arena, there was sustained applause lasting for a good twenty seconds.

Setting aside everything else: anyone would hold profound respect for someone who saved another person's life.

Even... before the game started, players from the Longhorn team, PJ Tucker and LaMarcus Aldridge, came over to greet him.

"I must give you one hundred percent respect. You've done something that earns the respect of every basketball player, you're a source of pride for all of us."

Aldridge, a very handsome African American, spoke very sincerely, though it sounded a bit scholarly. But whether it was the strength of his handshake or the sincerity in his eyes, it was evident that he was a person worth getting to know.

PJ Tucker also expressed his respect for Li Zhen, while also praising the color scheme of his basketball shoes. Of course, at the end, he couldn't resist a bit of gossip, saying, "I'm really looking forward to what happens next. You know? My girlfriend and I made a bet. She thinks you'll fall in love with Hilary Duff within a week, while I think it'll take a month. Life doesn't move as fast as a Hollywood movie, does it?" (T/N: PJ Tucker is a massive sneakerhead)

Uh... Li Zhen felt a headache coming on.

Why is everyone so caught up in these dramatic situations? I have zero interest in women right now, I just want to play basketball.

"Oh, by the way, our heroic Bruce Li, don't expect us to go easy on you in the game. We're still going to kick your ass without mercy. Then we'll steal away your current spotlight."

"I can also tell you a little secret, our starting point guard, Daniel Gibson, is preparing to devour you. You better count yourself lucky!"

PJ Tucker is a very straightforward person, and he doesn't hold back.

Of course, what he revealed wasn't exactly a secret. Four days ago, Daniel Gibson had already expressed his disdain for Bruce on TNT television. Before today's game, although he expressed respect for Bruce's rescue action in front of the camera, he still emphasized, "On the basketball court, he's just not noteworthy. This won't change just because he's a hero who saved someone. And, I hope he doesn't get conceited about it, thinking he's become a celebrity or some big shot. He must be aware, with a clear head, that public opinion is just a passing breeze. The world will soon forget his existence. Just like Hilary Duff will still appear on the glamorous red carpet next weekend, while he will just be some symbol about to be erased from memory."

Daniel Gibson is a very sober person, and he seems to have a good understanding of certain social phenomena. He predicts that Bruce will get carried away by this, and he also predicts that Hilary Duff will turn as ruthless as one of those women in Vanity Fair TV.

However, when Bruce was caught by TNT reporters and interviewed about this incident...

His words even left the reporters baffled: "First of all, when I saved her, I had no idea who she was. I never thought it would bring so much attention and trouble. Secondly, I have had no substantial interaction with this female star, and I hope everyone stops associating me with her and fabricating all sorts of strange stories. These are not what I want. Right now, I just want to play basketball. I don't enjoy fame at all, and I don't want to be a hero you see on TV with the flip of a switch."

His clarification earned him high praise from Kenny Smith in the studio.

"Indeed, he's a studious student who got into Harvard at the age of sixteen. He's very genuine and focused. He's not soaked in the overwhelming praise and hasn't become conceited. This is something that's hard to achieve at his age. Let's face it, when you're not even nineteen yet, suddenly the whole world is calling you a hero, and they're even weaving news about you and a popular girl star. It's hard not to let your mind wander," Kenny Smith highly praised.

Chad Ford chimed in from the side, "I admire his attitude. If his basketball talent were a bit higher, that would be even better."

Chad is a seasoned draft expert. In his evaluation system, Aldridge on the court is an S-level rookie, PJ Tucker and Daniel Gibson are B+ level, Stanford's forward Scott is B level. Bruce Li, on the other hand, only ranks as C level.

B level players have a chance to touch the NBA threshold, B+ level players have hope of being selected by the NBA, and S level players are certified NBA stars.

"The comparison of strength between the two teams is very clear. Stanford's miracle in the Pacific Division will come to an abrupt end. But I still hope Stanford can keep Bruce Li. Although he may not be able to step onto the NBA stage, at least he's a very good point guard in the NCAA. His speed and passing are top-notch. And who knows, after he improves his physical fitness over a year, maybe he can join the NBA?" Chad Ford's words were heard by the entire American audience.

The game hadn't even started, but Bruce Li became the most frequently mentioned player by viewers in front of the TV.

This made some curious folks very puzzled: Who is this guy? Why is he more popular than Aldridge?

And when they started to search for Bruce Li on the internet, that was the beginning of their dive into the rabbit hole.

Ding!

The whistle sounded quickly.

The grand stage of March Madness was officially set.

Scott, excited, leaped up. He actually snatched the basketball from Aldridge's hand, giving Stanford the opportunity for the opening shot.

And when he slammed the basketball to half-court, Li Zhen, incredibly swift, swooped in front of Gibson and grabbed the ball.

Then, he launched a lightning-fast breakthrough.

Gibson was caught off guard, and he hurried to chase, but... he was a beat too slow.

At the same time, Li Zhen had already dashed like lightning into the paint. Aldridge quickly followed, and just at that moment, Li Zhen, who had sped into the free-throw line, suddenly received the ball, and smoothly made a passing motion to his left, the highly-touted top pick instinctively shifted to the left, trying to intercept the ball... however, the basketball remained in Li Zhen's hands, and he made a sudden dash towards the inside, effortlessly completing the layup... swoosh!

Two points on the board!

This beautiful fake move was incredibly aesthetically pleasing, and the fans on the sidelines let out a scream of excitement.

When this scene was shown on the big screen through the replay camera.

The ecstatic atmosphere in the arena couldn't be concealed, turning into thunderous cheers spreading in all directions: Turns out, this seemingly simple layup concealed such a subtle mystery.

"This guy is like a little fox!! This fake move is too beautiful. Not only are both of his hands in motion, but his waist is also making corresponding twists. This reminds me of Ginobili, even reminds me of Kobe Bryant, it's amazing!"

Kenny Smith sincerely praised in the studio.

And, he gave Bruce a handsome nickname: Little Fox.

This is much more charming than Magic Johnson's rather straightforward "Little Lightning." After all, "Little Lightning" easily brings to mind Dwyane Wade.

Honestly, Li Zhen didn't know why he was able to perform such an exquisite fake move. He felt like he just made a casual motion, and his body naturally responded.

Even... before the game started, players from the Longhorns team, PJ Tucker and LaMarcus Aldridge, came over to greet him.

 

2