I Love Stories Like This
54 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Undoubtedly... those NBA managers who were waiting for Aldridge in front of the TV have gone crazy for another name!

When the old DJ of the San Diego Arena repeatedly announced the same name with roaring emphasis for a minute and a half: Bruce... Li!!!

Even the most critical critics have to admit... the number 10 player of the Stanford Cardinals is becoming the sole superhero of the entire arena. He forcefully eclipsed all the players, and now he is the absolute dominator!

Ding!

Finally, the University of Texas used their last timeout of the game.

But they only have 36 seconds left. They're trailing by 2 points, 84-86.

Whether they choose to go for an offensive play or use up the time for one final attack, they have fallen completely into a passive position.

At the same time, Bruce Li, who scored 11 points in just 1 minute and 20 seconds, let out a slight sigh of relief. His body sagged slightly, feeling like a dam that had just released a flood. He knew that his energy had been depleted. He couldn't rely on the body experience and court sense of the former host anymore.

This made him a bit concerned.

So, even though his teammates were rushing towards him for high-fives and chest bumps, he remained calm and composed, with a hint of worry in his expression.

This greatly impressed Kenny Smith.

"Only superheroes know that it's not time to celebrate yet. I like this Bruce Li. Even though he just staged the greatest comeback of the year in NCAA, he still maintains a clear mind and a strong thirst. He will definitely make it to the NBA, I guarantee it!!"

For the first time, Kenny Smith's words made the draft expert Chad Ford feel agreement.

"I have to revise my view on his mediocre physical qualities. There is indeed great potential in his body, it's just that sometimes he can't unleash it. I believe... from now on, even if they lose this game, there will still be a large number of NBA scouts entering the Stanford campus to conduct the most detailed tracking and understanding of him!"

As the most authoritative draft expert, when Chad Ford said such words, those in the NBA draft media found it hard not to write down Bruce Li's name in the next prediction list.

The 20 seconds of timeout ticked away.

The San Diego Arena was still immersed in the tremendous shock brought by Bruce Li, and the waves of cheers continued to rise along with the replay on the large screen above.

It's too thrilling!

If Stanford eventually turns the tables and wins the whole game, it will definitely be the biggest news in the basketball world tomorrow. Moreover, it will leave a profound mark in NCAA history.

Ding!

The whistle blew, and the game continued.

Li Zhen immediately greeted Daniel Gibson, and when Gibson received the basketball, he tried to use acceleration to directly shake off the defense.

But Bruce closely followed him and constantly interfered with him physically. His huge hands were like two suction cups, continuously disturbing Gibson's basketball.

This greatly troubled Gibson's offensive rhythm and caused the Longhorns' plan for an offensive rebound within seven seconds to fail.

Gibson had to stop, executing Plan B.

With the NCAA allowing single possessions to last up to 35 seconds, they had already lost the opportunity for an offensive rebound, and then the possibility of a defensive stop followed by scoring again.

They could only pin their hopes on the last attack.

When there were 18 seconds left, the basketball was handed to Aldridge, who had moved up to the free-throw line.

Then... Daniel Gibson started to run frantically.

The Longhorns' Plan B was to throw in a three-pointer to win the game. They hadn't considered the possibility of scoring two points and going into overtime.

Because... Bruce Li's crazy offense in the final moments made the Longhorns genuinely fearful. They believed that if they couldn't eliminate Stanford in regular time, it would be even more troublesome in overtime.

So, Gibson and small forward Johnson became the last executors.

And with 6 seconds left in the game, Gibson finally managed to break free with PJ Tucker's moving screen and came to the bottom corner.

Standing at seven feet tall, Aldridge quickly picked up on his movement and passed the basketball without hesitation. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Gibson was poised to make this game-winning shot from his favorite angle!

However, just as the basketball was about to reach Gibson, Bruce Li, who had been forcibly blocked by PJ Tucker, suddenly twisted his body. Like a slippery eel, he spun through Tucker's defense, and while breaking through the screen, he lunged out like a goalkeeper. He had no concept of protection, nor did he consider that the ground below was hard, not soft grass!

Crack!

As he leaped recklessly to the highest point, his fingertips finally touched the basketball... and the rapidly passing ball instantly changed its trajectory, looping back.

At this moment, Frank Benson, with sharp eyes and quick hands, swiftly grabbed the basketball. He took one step forward and then made a long pass to the frontcourt... even though there were no Stanford players there to receive it.

However, the time was conveyed by an urgent electronic buzzer to the Stanford players: they had won!

Boom!!!

The San Diego Arena erupted into a roar akin to the gates of hell swinging open. The raucous cheers of over ten thousand spectators filled the entire arena.

Li Zhen, lying on the floor, even felt like the sound was rising from the depths of the Earth.

His eardrums were throbbing.

Just as he was trying to lift his head to rub his eyes, his teammates had already rushed towards him.

And, in the first moment, they helped him up.

Because they didn't know if he was injured, the most excited leaps were skipped.

But Scott's big hands rubbed vigorously on his head.

This was a reward for the superhero!

Bruce... Li! Bruce... Li! Bruce... Li!!!

The tumultuous roars in the arena soon became uniform and orderly.

At this moment, the surrounded Li Zhen completely merged with the image of the Asian hero in the hearts of Americans.

He was the Green Hornet on the court!

He was the Kung Fu master brandishing his nunchucks with great prowess!

He brought the formidable Longhorns to their knees... just like Bruce Lee in the movies, knocking down those formidable and ruthless villains.

As the camera swept over the Longhorns' bench, they all looked disheartened and lost.

Clearly, they still couldn't accept this fact.

Or maybe, they had never imagined... that they would actually lose to Stanford?

We are the 7th-seeded team in the NCAA.

How could we be eliminated in the first round? We have the hot favorite for the number one pick, and we're aiming for the championship!!

"No way, this is March Madness. One game determines victory or defeat! The boys from the Longhorns, you can go home and prepare for the next season, or announce your entry into the NBA draft. The rise of a new hero often means the decline of an old one. Bruce Li will be a name passed down in the basketball world tonight. As for Mr. Aldridge, he can go to the major NBA training camps to showcase his talent. Tonight's failure won't have a huge impact on him; he will still be a super hot prospect."

Kenny Smith said honestly, "However, Daniel Gibson should be worried about his draft position. The news of Bruce's total suppression tonight will deal a devastating blow to his draft prospects, and Bruce will soon appear on Gibson's original draft prediction rankings."

"This is the best ending. You know, before the game started, Gibson always underestimated our little fox. He hoped to gain more fame by defeating Bruce, but now... he himself has become a stepping stone."

"I love stories like this."

Kenny Smith shrugged in front of the camera, "This is the most interesting part of NCAA March Madness. New stars rise, but there are also stars fading or even falling."

 

4