Chapter 1 The job of management.
291 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A few things you should know before you read this story first a straight line will either mean a change in POV or a major scene change or stuff like that just know I won't tell you. Any questions can be asked about in the comments, but you really should really check the glossary since a lot of things will be put in it this can include general facts or facts about other things. The last thing is that I will not be uploading often, and I take suggestions.


The job of management 

Blackness, but also something else I feel at home here like I am meant to be here, but at the same time there is something else around me like me, but it is not the same at the same time. Then something else emerges like he is someone over us but not someone good or bad, he is... Unbiased

He has no shape and I cannot describe as anything but a blank slate both mentally and physically but he is also so exciting and feels important him but also trivial, but he is the only white in the darkness that surrounds me.

I look at myself, I am not as bright as him I am like a candle fire and he is raging firestorm, but he is also calm and collected. I can feel something faint moving around me... Is that his power? It feels good but also likes it is not meant to be here, it is forcing its way here.

Only now I think, who am I, where am I. He answers me “who you were is not important, who you are going to be is.” I ask of him what he do you mean? And he replies, “you have been selected among the souls in the indefinite stream of souls." Why me what differs me from all others? "Why because you have been deemed as what I need.”

How am I special among the others? I think, after all, I cannot remember who I am.” memories are not needed for you. Since if you had memories it meant that you can act upon those memories and you do not need them normally that is why they are erased.” He said. What am I going to do now? And how am I even speaking the same communicating with you I do not have a voice after all?

” You are currently a soul with means you are speaking the language of the souls, it is a language that everyone subconsciously understands but only souls can directly speak in said language. But there are ways to make another way to speak the language of the souls” but-

”and for your second question you are here to work if you will it.” He said "you will be put in the position of the administration in the world that I am creating." Why do you need this world, what is it for I will ask "it is something I will maybe talk about when everybody is gathered together" can I ponder over it for some time "you are free to ponder for as long you want right now at least, after all, I still need more souls for more positions" Will I accept it?... No, what happens? Do I just get sent back, do I want that? No, I do not I need to accept it if not just to thank him for giving me a consciousness to ponder over this question.

Yes, this is what I need instead of just drifting around an indefinite amount of time and getting bored. Yes, I will accept this status that he proposes. "so, you have decided? Good, you chose to stay, thank you for that at least, even though I do not need to thank you." why are you thanking me? I am nothing special compared to you right now at least. "you are the first who has accepted my offer full-hearted and had the ability and compatibility to back it op" "guess I will talk to you some. Since there is nothing better to do, other than learn you how to form yourself and what to expect" can I ask questions? "yes, you can, but be careful what you ask since there are the things I do not like to be asked about"

What would you have done if I had said no to you? You would have been sent back to the stream of souls to be picked up by another one of my races maybe by someone more... Forceful in their actions than me" he sounds like he doesn't think good about them. And lastly how many souls do have already right now? "right now? I have 4 others who have accepted my proposal to varying degrees, some were reluctant" I have no more questions at this moment right now. Before, did you say something about teaching me to form myself? "Yes, I was talking about a soul body, a soul body is a body you will be using instead of your floating mass of energy that you are right now. The way to make one is to form your soul into what you see yourself as however you will be influenced by the previous form you had in your life before." what previous form did I have in that life? "it seems that in that world you were a creation made to help the world but... No, you do not need to know that." what do I not need to know because now you got me curious, come on say it. "I will not say it since your future actions can be influenced by what is after that." ok then but don't think I will forget it in the future. But anyhow I will wait to create my body until everybody is here, I do not want to stick out. "a valid reason to reject creating a body, being different from everybody can both be a good and bad thing depending on the person, I see you're the latter on the surface."

Anyhow how much time do you expect to pass before there is enough? "I expect at least another 2 months to take place before we have enough souls to stabilize a world for it to become habitable. In the meantime, I will teach you what you need to know about being an administrator" what about the other souls you have gathered, do they not need to become more knowledgeable for them to be effective? "you do not need to worry about the others, since do you really believe that I cannot split my consciousness? I am currently teaching the ones who want to be taught as it is not something, I will force onto them." ok that explains why you can focus attention upon one soul and all the others also. Anyhow, I now want to get taught what you want to teach me, I personally hope that it is something I can use in this future of mine. "What I will teach you is the basics I do not plan to teach you beyond that since if I do that you can get affected by my sense of the world I think you will contribute to Craft with your fellow souls will, after all, have their respective view as no every experience or maybe even memories have been erased from their souls."

"Management, I will refrain from telling you of that world yet but you will get an area that you will manage this can be for example currency, while this area might not be all that impressive it can be vital for other administrators. An administrator can have their idea of the world. Currency can provide them with a look into a country. For example, if the people are pour but there is a lot of money in the country then it is certain that the wealthy has it if the one who is managing war they can begin to slowly make it so that the pour will stage an uprising in the country against the wealthy. Or another doesn't like that an empire is getting too big and ask the war administrator to do something about it, said administrator can, of course, refuse because he doesn't need to do that. But another might think it through. However, a planet might not even get an administrator of war, and the other admins will all have a say in it of course." hmm that is interesting, so there won't necessarily be an admin for every position there is and the other admins will have them instead. "Yes, however, some positions there are bigger, and some don't have so much to do. This makes a working environment were that the unfilled jobs have a role since the ones that don't have much to do will have to help fill those positions, but in general specific positions have an age where they are more used. Of course, you can plan ahead of time and do your work early but in some positions, you cannot do that since the position requires you to be active, for example, the position of someone who has to do with magic of some kind will have to be active a lot of the time since new magics get made readily and they have to make names and spell compositions for them, however later when magic has been explored so much he will have an easier workload."

"but now I think it’s time to wait since there isn't much more before all gather in one space after all were nearly complete with the signing up for souls to this world." I thought you said it would take more than two months. "yes, but I have been stretching out your perception of time, which has caused time to feel like it has only been a small timeframe, but it wasn't. In that time, I have also been modifying your soul a small bit so you can better adapt your new position." so you messed with my soul, why? "because if I did not do that you cannot adapt to be a pillar of a world, which requires that you have a big capacity since that if you do not... Then you will break." he sighs "but now it is the time for the meetup of all of you."


I can't remember a lot it's like my memories are fragmented, like shattered glass and you lost a lot of pierces. However, I feel like it is the most important one that isn't there. An entity was also there, it told me that the soul stream was offender to result of my lacking memories and in truth, I did not believe it. But however, much I did not believe it was the only way out of this predicament I found myself in. I asked of its name, it did reply however I wasn't satisfied with its answer it then told me of its job offer, and I must say that it is enticing but I will not listen to it after all, what have you done to earn my trust? What it will pay well? What will you even pay with, my life? That's ridiculous I am after all not living, you thought I won't figure that out. Huh, you're much more naive than I fought you were. But back yes it those sound wary good doesn't it. Yes, I agree doesn't it? Yes, Yes, I will accept it I will look forward to working with you mister 12. Why did I even disagree in the first place after all its a great honor to work under someone who is part of the [Ű̷̥̦͆N̷̛̼͇̔K̶̳̙̀̓N̵͉̓͝O̶̖̪̓̐W̵̜͝ͅN̵̟̏̆]?


Another dark space, though this time more populated with souls. A total of 13 other souls to be exact, one of them being him. Most of them already chose a soul form, some had two legs to arms a chest and an oversized head for a body of that body mass it must be inconvenient if it actually existed. ” hello everyone here, for the total of 14 souls that are here, as mentioned previously have been chosen for this position and have also accepted. You have therefore already been appointed a position and your souls have been tweaked to fit it more, I will now accept questions before we begin the allocation of jobs." a silence washes over the room for some short moments.

"Yes?" one of the souls who have chosen a homo sapiens species as their base answers "what will we be administrating? Because as far as I know you have not told us anything yet." He looks as if he's thinking it over "I think this is the time to say it. Yes, you will be administrating a world I have already created. Any others?"

So he's saying that he created a world for us to administrate? Interesting, however. "yes?" can I get a reason for that you have created it can we not do it? "yes I could have done that but I chose this way as then instead of you adapting the world to your standard, you will have to adapt to the world." then also why is it that you are doing this there must be something in it for you, I know that no species is genres against any others or even their own. When I said that I can feel everybody observing me for why I asked that and observing him and waiting for his answer.

"truly I had hoped that no one would have asked that question. But the reason I have done that has two reasons. First, there is the matter of simple boredom and the desire to see something new. Secondly, there is the matter of superiority my race to put it simply severely dislikes each other. Therefore since we cannot hurt each other we have devised games to play to be and feel superior to the other ones it has been like this for time since when we don't know. This one was designed so that you make a world and the one who is the most successful wins." he made a short break in his speech, everybody is so focused on it that no one notices anything else but it.

"But of course, you also need to know more about me to know why you are here. In my race there does not exist a lot of difference, most are arrogant, unyielding, and forceful. But we are all most of the time very bored and want to feel superior to others. This has caused the games to be more aggressive. However, there do exist different people than others, I am one of those I am mostly called The Scholar if they want something or The Nerd as an insult. Of course, some of you may think it is a good thing to have a title. It's not, because of it I often get targeted doing the game and made to lose. I do not care much since my sense of superiority isn't what I care for.

Now this is where you come in as I have told you this game is about building a world as the scholar I am I want to try something different and let my subjects chose for me what will become of the world instead of the approach most others do. This is erasing your everything and using the soul as a battery for the world to be stable." a murmur continues around me "but now your jobs."

7