Lore Chapter
512 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
As promised, the lore chapter. Warning: Spoilers. Namedrops a lot of characters and locations. You've been warned.

World map:

Spoiler

[collapse]

Lore:

Spoiler

Name of World: Ida

Locations:

Dahlia Kingdom - The human kingdom ruled by royalty who carry the blood of the first summoned hero, Dahlia. Each Royalty Member has tremendous mana and a [Divine Gift].

    Trivia: Although there had been a lot of strides with making equal rights, princesses cannot become rulers of the Dahlia Kingdom, they must marry a successor if the King has not had any male successors. 

    They have an alliance with The Sanctuary. Although they are allies, no human has ever set foot in The Sanctuary.

The kingdom is hostile to their neighbors, Empire of Thorn and Ghost Forest. 

    There is an established trading system with The Guvenc. The Dahlia Kingdom has yet to establish a foothold on the Red Zone or the Land of the Fae. 

    The Kingdom has a prestigious academy where the best of the best of mages attend. It is a tiny island between their lands and the Red Zone.
    They have summoned Allyson Parker, the current Lady Hero, who has displayed a strange [Gift].

    Royal Sage: Neyla, a female half-human half-elf

    Current Royal Family: 

        King Narci’Hya

        Princess Narci’Zinnia (the shy twin)

        Princess Narci’Amaryllis (the temperamental twin)

        Queen Narci’Petunia (deceased)

            The Royal Family share the Divine Gift of Favored Alignments, granting them immense mana and affinity with all alignments.

    Royal Physician: Doctor Hawthorne

    Leader of Royal Knights: Captain Albert 

        Doctrina College Academy is The Dahlia Kingdom’s most prestigious academy, located on a tiny island between the Kingdom and the Red Zone. Eleanor Deveena is a student here.

Empire of Thorn - The Empire of the Draconians, it is a place of “kill or be killed”. Draconians are known to have the most physical strength out of all the races. The Draconian race was born from the Divine Wish Dragon, Thorn Dealla.

    Current Empress of Empire of Thorn - Thorn Demitriax (gained position by killing all thirty of her siblings)

    Each Emperor/Empress gains the name Thorn once crowned as the strongest.

Ghost Forest - The Land of the Majin. Current Majin Sovereign- Marbas of White

    Marbas’ children:

    1st child: Furcas, Knight of Madness

    2nd child: Vassago, Prince of Will

    3rd child: Sitri, Prince of Love

    4th child: Bathin, Duke of the Spirit-Realm

    5th child: Bune, Duke of Wisdom

    6th child: Ayperos, Prince of Fools

All living creatures in the Ghost Forest are possessed by Majin. At a glance the Forest looks to be very united, under one banner for all species, but each of those citizens have been long since possessed by a Majin since birth. The Dahlia Kingdom has erected a barrier to stop any Majin from entering their domain.

The Sanctuary - A place rumored to be much more technologically advanced than the rest of the world, it is a tiny island run by the Council of Elves who are worshippers of an unknown power. Their religion dictates not to disclose any details of their religion to outsiders and to erase any such information from the minds of Exiles.

    Sanctuary Elves are said to be a part of an empathic mind. They can relay emotions and sometimes whole messages to each other depending on their connection to the Sanctuary. 

    The Guvenc - A country run entirely by demihuman merchants, they believe trading is strength. The more economically sound a country is, the more powerful it would be. Currently trading with The Dahlia Kingdom. 

        Run by the Merchant Wisemen, a group of five demihumans of all different species:

  1. Catkin, Wiselady Freia
  2. Draconian, Wiseman Fyodor 
  3. Oozjin, Wiselady Emini
  4. Vampire, Wiseman Emilio
  5. Changeling, Wiselady Frio

Land of the Fae - A place deeply connected to the spiritual realm, there are lots of dryads, Oozjin, Spirits, and Majin. Some travelers go there due to the rumors of being able to connect to the Unreality realm. Some go due to their desire to see their deceased loved ones, such as mothers, lovers, etc. 

SPECIES:

Humans

Draconians

Demihumans:

  1. Catkin
  2. Wolfkin
  3. Dogkin
  4. Arachnids
  5. Avians (bird-people)

Fae:

  1. Majin (spiritual parasites)
  2. Oozjin (dubbed ‘slime people’, essentially physical mana with a conscious)
  3. Fairies
  4. Valkyrie (considered a ‘Divine’ Spirit)
  5. Vampires
  6. Changeling (shapeshifters)
  7. Dryad

Aquatics:

  1. Mermaids
  2. Sirens (monsters)
  3. Maw
  4. Lampleighs

Keywords:

  1. Mana Conductor: a piece of equipment that allows the user to better focus their mana at larger distances. Many mages (especially human ones) suffer from their mana dissipating at longer distances. An efficient mana conductor has a strong spiritual bond or past. In fact, many mages are raised with an object (such as a toy or teddy bear) in hand to create an attachment. Items with attachments gain conductor-like qualities. In short, powerful feelings must go into the creation of a successful mana conductor.
    1. Wands are normally crafted from pieces of these items, such as toys or the material of said teddy bear. 
    2. Heretical yet powerful mana conductors can stem from grafted flesh and bone of either a loved one or a once-powerful mage. 
  2. Mates: in short, soulmates. When souls have extreme resonance that is like love on sight, a mateship is born. 
  3. Mana Melding: Fusing of mana between two people. Is a technique mostly used between two people who have huge affinity with each other (mostly as long-time friends or mates). Can be dangerous without practice. 
  4. Mana: What fuels magic and spells. It is in the air, in people, in life. It is casuality to its fullest. Some places are manaless, but living things without mana die. Manaless places can be very dangerous, as they can be toxic, like going to a place without or with very thin air; many parts of the Red Zone is an example of this. Mana has varying different properties (explained in Mana Alignment).
  5. Divine Will or Gift: Powers that don’t use mana. They are paracasuality. There are very few people born with Gifts or Divine Wills. 
  6. Mana Alignment: There is Light, Dark, Water, Fire, Earth.
    1. Light Alignment: Very talented in detections and space spells. 
    2. Water Alignment: Very talented in controlling water, ice, and biological material.
      1. Light plus Water Alignment is needed for healing, since Light “detects” abnormalities and Water allows for control over biology.
    3. Dark Alignment: Talented in reversal, speed up, or displacement effects. 
      1. Essentially a time talent, but only those with extreme talents in both Light and Dark Alignment can truly “time-travel”.
      2. Possession skill requires an extreme Alignment of Light, Dark and Water.
    4. Fire Alignment: Talent in energy spells. 
      1. Need Fire, Light, and Earth Alignment for Flight spells.
      2. Need Fire and Light Alignment for Lightning spells.
      3. Fun fact: Fire Alignment is needed for wind spells.
    5. Earth Alignment: Talent in ‘creation’ aspects. Can also affect gravity, although not circumvent it, since it is under ‘creation’.
      1. Creation is, for the current generation of mages, the ability to change one thing into another. Example: Changing coal into diamond, or turning one’s mass lighter or heavier.
  7. Miasma: corrupted mana, can stem from the influence of Eldritch forces, Gods, or places considered Manaless. Very rarely does miasma manifest from a mortal, but it isn’t impossible.

Organizations:

  1. Guild for Exploration and Hire
    1. Guild for short, the organization is the Adventurer Guild of this world. Created by the combined efforts of the Dahla Kingdom and the Guvenc, the Guild holds influence over the entire world. 
      1. Ranks for mercenaries/adventurers are from top to bottom:
        1. Rank [Special]
          1. Not necessarily higher than S-rank, Specials are those with very specific abilities used for specific quests. Some also suffer from disorders or diseases, so their qualifications as an adventurer are limited.
        2. Rank [S]
          1. Very rare rank, mostly only called upon for disasters and high-tiered enemies. The experience jump from Gold to S-rank is much higher than from Introductory to Gold.
        3. Rank [Gold]
          1. Can start creating their own guilds.
        4. Rank [Silver]
          1. Adventurer may now have the ability to test other adventurers of lower rank for a promotion. 
        5. Rank [Bronze]
          1. Once an Overseer deems fit, the adventurer can now start creating their own teams.
        6. Rank [Novice]
          1. After going through a year of [Introductory], said adventurer can take the Novice test, thus allowing them to take on more dangerous quests.
        7. Rank [Introductory]
          1. For those underage or brand new to the Guild, can only accept non-combat requests. 
[collapse]
A lot of it is just notes. Anyways, the magic system was heavily inspired by Re:Zero. Seriously, I really like how it's formed. I'm also terrible at creating magic systems. That's my biggest weakness, and I don't want to rely on stats in-story. I'll do it for character sheets, but in the story, that feels distracting to me.

10