An excellent common man
163 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

C1

______

The smell of books permeated in the air.

Wei Ying, with a face full of seriousness is sorting out the library register book.

Currently, he is the librarian of the Heavenly Lotus Sect.

"Eh here. I am taking these three. Note it down for me. "

Suddenly a youth came up and threw down three scrolls on the table.

"Dear brother, the Sect rules states that no one can disrespect cultivation manuals like that."

Wei Ying warned with a frown.

"Humph! the sect rules also states that useless trash can't stay. "

"That's right. How dare he lecture senior brother Zhang. "

"Yes he is quite daring ah."

"Are you tired of living brat?!"

Here goes again. Wei Ying sighed. This started around 5 years ago, when he got accepted as a special disciple of Heaven Lotus Sect. 

Heaven Lotus Sect is well known for its impartiality and righteousness all around the mortal realm. 

Only absolute geniuses can get here. The enrollment process is so strict that no useless fellows can get here. And then this happened.

For the first time in history, The sect accepted a disciple that can't cultivate. The news shocked all disciples so much so that some even began a strike. 

Wei Ying who thought that as a qualified trash, he can just live care freely as a salted fish here was dumbfounded. The bombardments left him touch his nose awkwardly. 

In the end, he could only shamelessly use his other identity to somewhat suppress the turmoil. 

Suddenly a girl came to the guy called senior brother Zhang. 

"Senior brother. Don't humiliate him like that. Afterall, he is someone who saved our holy senior back then."

"Hmm I will spare you this time for that reason brat. Remember, even if you are someone acquainted with our holy senior, I will not spare you."

The senior brother Zhang flicked his sleeves and then left just like that. 

'Hmm this guy has a chance to form sword heart in two or three years. Not afraid infront of power, not yielding to coercion, seeking  formidable opponents all the way to heaven. Sharp like sword. Good!!'

As a very loyal and diligent senior brother that the whole sect looks up to, Wei Ying was not at all angry.  

He marked a solid 7/10 for this junior brother of his. 

To the other members, Wei Ying appeared like he was scared. They just snorted in contempt and turned to do their own stuff.

******

This is a world of cultivation with spirits. 

Spirits are like the manifestation of power in different forms. And pursuing it's power and secrets is the way of Dao. And Dao leads to immortality which is to shed the mortal body and defy natural laws to unravel the ultimate truth of one's own existence. 

Spirits are two types. Cultivatable and non cultivatable. 

Wei Ying's spirit belongs to the latter, that is a Book...

A spirit that can't be used in combat or in cultivation with no innate startup power, of course it is useless. 

The cultivatable spirits include all kinds of spirits with innate startup power. Even a book can be cultivated. But the chances are low because some types of spirits don't come up with innate startup power.

That being said, he is very suitable for being a librarian. But still not in this sect ok? 

The previous librarian was a great elder !!

When the night fell, Wei Ying leisurely walked back to his abode. 

Looking up to the dark sky with no stars, a worry again surfaced on his mind. 

He found out that the spiritual energy flowing through the whole realm had a small loss. No matter how much the people here absorb this power, the rate of flow will remain constant no matter what . 

However this time, it is as if some kind of outside power is secretly leeching off it. 

A sign of destruction! 

He needs to make his sect stronger...

Seems like even if he wants to live off as a common man in the day, he needs to be an excellent one at that.

*******

(End of chapter 1)

:) English is not my first language so please point out the mistakes. Also feel free to comment and criticize.

The world background is not complete yet. I know it might be a little confusing. We can make it better in the future yay

How is the first chapter?
  • Satisfactory Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Barely readable Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Confusing Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Somewhat good Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Waiting for the next part Votes: 7 63.6%
Total voters: 11
4