Jessie
229 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Jessie, or as my so-called friends call me Boss. During my youth I got kicked around and learned how the world works pretty quickly.  Either you are the one dishing out the beating or the one being beat. Growing up going from one place to the next, I never really had a home besides the streets.

Growing up I made my way through life quite well, at least as well it could get for a person in my position. Dealing drugs and killing were never my style, instead I enjoyed the true hunt. Why bother dealing with a crackhead who might kill you when there are hot prey walking around with purses loaded with money, half the time they don’t even fight back. Over time doing the same thing over and over again got me some reputation and some guys started following me around. Before I knew it, they all called me their boss and I was leading a gang of my own.

“The hell is this bullshit.”

Looking down at the metal armor that was once tightly fitting on my body, I was so loose inside it I barely fit. Climbing out of my armor I got free, I looked over my body that was butt naked. My toned body of years of training at the gym, even the scars on it from fights in the past, all of it was gone. Instead a dainty thin pink haired girly body was in its place, nothing made sense. Pulling out the glass orb thing and checking what it says, I decided to check the obvious.

‘It actually selected Aphrodite as my god, some love goddess? What's with the new body?’

My entire setup was already selected and so was the faith, reading the description of aphrodite that was given it clearly stated only women can apply to join. I read and read it again, but nothing seemed odd, it was a goddess for women only.  No men allowed, it made no mention of becoming a woman anywhere though!

“This is some serious bullcrap. Eh, my voice? This is my voice?!”

A girly voice like from a teenager came out of my lips, nothing like the deep voice I once had. Nothing made sense, but I decided to read. After the experience with the glass orbs before all the guys in the gang knew their lesson and treated it seriously.  Nobody wanted the superpower of having nice ass hair, or a vibrating arm.

‘Temptress?? My class is temptress of all things?! Oh it has free items, and five given points to use.’

Agreeing mentally to the glass orb a small magic circle appeared and dropped down some fabric of some kind. Picking them up it was clearly a skimpy bikini, a thin red fabric covered the privates to their bare minimum. Staring at it stupefied, I wanted to scream out but realized it could be bad to be seen naked.

“This is bullshit, why is that the only clothing I get??”

Muttering to myself, I begrudgingly put it on. Noticing how I was flat as a board above and below, weirdly enough it fit perfectly. A strange relieved exhale escaped me, at the very least I wasn’t too strange. Putting back on the armor, I easily slid back in unlike the first time I did it. 

‘I got to find the guys, those idiots couldn’t survive without me.’

Putting on the armor I was now too short to even use the helmet, so I was looking outside a gap in the lower neck protection.  Stomping my way through the jungle the armor suit felt twice as heavy and my arms couldn’t even reach the hands, thankfully it was all stuck together armor so nothing fell off.

‘I can’t tell if it's all the rust holding the damn thing together or if the old bolts still work.’

After an hour of walking through thick jungle barely able to see anything, I heard something. It sounded like sobbing, but like a man doing it. 

‘Only those two dumb twins cry like that…’

“Boss! Where are you!?”

“It’s over! we are gonna die, the boss is gone!”

Pushing aside the bushes I saw the two idiots hugging each other staring out in the jungle in fear, seeing my armor jump out of the jungle they let out a frightened yelp. While I awkwardly just stared at them.

“Boss!”
“It’s you! You still got that weird armor on boss?”

Nodding my head, I couldn’t respond. The damn body had a different voice then the one they knew, and these two fools can’t figure out I changed. If they did I guarantee they would try to have a go at me, not even listening to the fact I am also a dude! Turning around I pretended everything was fine as they hurried up behind me, as they followed close.

“Boss you smell weird, did something happen?”
“Yea did you find another girl? It smells like you did.”

Shocked a little, I tried to smell myself only to realize I didn’t notice. I wasn’t stinking like them, or looking like cavemen who haven’t seen running water in days. My body was clean and polished, with a powdery smell like a perfume coming off it. Not wanting to draw any wrong attention I just nodded my head and kept going.

“As expected of boss! Getting a girl even in this situation, only you can do that!”
“Teach me boss, I am your humble student!”

Ignoring their blatant banter, I tried to not break down in nervous laughter. Nothing made sense, now I got stuck with the two idiot twins in the damn jungle.

**************************************************************************************

After spending another few hours walking in the jungle I found the entire group, just the fact I remained silent bothered me. Nobody was changed, they all looked the same. A dozen guys being led by a rusty suit of armor trampled down everything in the jungle, hoping to find anything.

‘The glass orb better have something for speaking, anything…’

Looking at the long list of what it can do, I didn’t want to put points in my class even though it showed it was the best. I instead spent all the three points it gave me on a skill, voice manipulation. Simply put, I could imitate the voice of people I know. 

“Guys.”

“Yea boss?”
“Got a plan boss?”

I tried to speak low but they all heard me, thankfully the skill worked and my voice sounded normal again. I glanced around and saw nobody was suspicious of me, and cleared my throat.

“We need to set up camp for the night here, enough pointless marching.”

“Sounds good, I’ll start the campfire.”
“I will work on the shelter.”
“I wonder if vibrating a stick enough could start a fire…”

Watching them all work, I felt relieved nobody noticed anything. Doing our best to imitate a certain survival show we made a shelter near the coast with leaves and a small campfire.  

Sitting down on the floor I was busy looking at a glass orb, I was completely absorbed by it like everyone else.

‘Enhancing the temptress class has benefits, and it even has a body upgrade path that is half the price of randomly upgrading. I should see what it is, but the options are countless.’

I had two points remaining and decided to throw them at it randomly, and instantly regretted doing so. My chest that was once flat now pushed outward a tiny bit, while a little more cushion was put down below. I wanted to throw that damn glass orb at someone, but restrained myself. It was already hard holding it in the armor, picking it up would be near impossible for me.

‘Temptress has its own way of gaining points?’

Reading it, I felt my hand holding the glass orb clench down. Hatred filled my heart reading it, like it was the devil itself. Before I lost it, I shoved the glass orb inside the gap in my armor I stored it in. 

‘I am not gay, I will never do any of that! Who in the hell did this shit to me!?’

Unaware of my issues, the other guys were excited about their selected gods and class choices. One of them got a fishing rod, another got a bow and arrow. One lucky guy who stood out got a cowboy outfit, with a bullwhip! Jealousy was all I felt, it was enraging. 

‘Why did these idiots get the good stuff and I got a pathetic female body with a whore outfit!?’

“Boss, look at me! I am a vibrating archer!”

“I am going to catch us dinner with my fishing rod, be right back!”

Excitement at the stuff, everyone was messing around despite it being night already. Nobody ventured too far, just to the beach messing around. The guy who had the axe now had a solid steel one that was badass looking, while they were all gloating I remained silent. Only using the glass orb did I forget the jealousy that was ticking at me watching one shoot arrows at each other.

‘I should be a knight! A warrior! Not a damn whore, what is this shit.’

“Boss! Look light!”

“He’s right boss! Over there there are lights!”

“It’s too much to be a camp fire, it looks like a distant town.”

Jumping up at the mention of civilization, I looked at the extremely distant light. It was far down the coast only visible because the area was so bright, it looked miles away easily. Sighing at the sight, I realized we couldn’t reach it tonight even if we all ran.

“Tomorrow, we will go that way. Tonight we will stay here.”

“Alright boss!”

“Okay, and boss, what class did you get?”

Staring at the one who asked my class silently, he took the hint and looked away fearfully. I was going to beat his head in, but my arms probably couldn’t reach him in the damn armor!

‘I will cure myself of this shit, I swear on it!’

7