Chapter 3|Intruders
178 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arisia 

It is undeniable. Something is coming near the island. 

After living here for so many years, this is the first time that I felt something so large coming close to this island. 

I sharpened my spear, prepared to take down anyone or anything from destroying Father's sacred spring. 

I have always killed the people I met, Alphas like me, coveting the spring. I cleanly dispatched them all. Nourishing the soil with their blood and flesh. 

The last intruder, an old Alpha, wanted the spring water to attract omegas to her. She was too detestable, so I slit her neck and dismembered her body, feeding her to the wild animals around. 

If the intruders coming from that large boat are as detestable as that last intruder, then, I have to kill them fast. All of them.

I closed my eyes and enhanced my ears. 

I can hear the vague sounds from the shore, the crashing waves, and the obscure murmurs. 

I stood up from the ground and tied my long silver hair with a cloth. 

On my neck, my father's favorite necklace hung. In my hands, the golden spear that Father treasured glimmered after a long sharpening. 

I struck the spear to the ground, and I stood beside it sternly. If the intruders are simply here to search around, then that would be fine, but if they dare covet the spring, then that's the end of their journey. 

I closed my eyes, resting my mind before the battle. They wouldn't be able to sneak attack me, my magic won't let them. 

---

It took four days for the intruders to enter the other entrance of the forest. 

I opened my eyes upon sniffing the air. This unpleasant stench. It was similar to the smell of that last intruder.

Fucking hell. Do alphas generally not bathe? I'm so lucky I have been raised by an omega rather than an alpha. I thanked Father's existence and pulled the spear from the ground.

They're near. 

I waited and soon enough, I heard the messy noises of footsteps. To be able to escape my magic traps means that the incoming alphas are strong. 

But as always, not as strong as me. 

I ducked and lodged forward my spear. Dirty blood trickled down the golden spear and I lamented about the fact that I had to clean it after this fight again. 

I threw the impaled body of the woman away, watching the numerous wary eyes of the alphas around. 

"You had the fucking audacity to come and covet this sacred spring, then have the damn courage to go near, you bitches in a rut." I cursed as I provoked them. 

I am fifty steps away from the spring. If they can bypass me, death still awaits them. The surroundings of the spring are littered with my traps after all. They have no way out. 

The dirty alphas, provoked, attacked me one after another, and I made sure every single one of them nourished the soil with their blood. 

I sliced the last alpha, severing her upper body with her waist. 

But I know it wasn't the end. There were still people who were watching from the dark. 

But unlike the gut-retching scent of the alphas, I can perceive a pleasant smell from these intruders. Almost similar to...my father.

Omegas?

But Father said that omegas generally hate alphas. So how could these omegas travel around with the smelly alphas? 

My brows knitted, and my body remained tense, ready to attack or defend from the incoming attacks.  

Yet after some time, the omegas around hadn't attacked.  

Or did they? 

The sweet and confusing smell lingering on my nose might be an attack. If it is an attack, the effectiveness of it is meh.

Confused, I stared in the direction of where the strong scent came from.  

Really, what do these omegas want? Why are they not attacking?  

7